Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Low Levels vs High Levels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I am a level 10 Myth wizard. In PvP I am a commander. How come I always PvP with players like 20-30 levels higher than me. The highest level wizard I think I ever PvP'd was a level 43 ice. I don't mind losing, but I do mind having to fight wizards that I know I don't stand a chance against. The PvP system could use a bit of tweaking.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Blaze SunTheif on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 10 Myth wizard. In PvP I am a commander. How come I always PvP with players like 20-30 levels higher than me. The highest level wizard I think I ever PvP'd was a level 43 ice. I don't mind losing, but I do mind having to fight wizards that I know I don't stand a chance against. The PvP system could use a bit of tweaking.
Usually the higher leveled ones have lower rank, which is caused by them losing to all the low levels. My death 33 has fought Ice Transcendents, Archmages, and once a Promethean with between 5000-6000 health fairly regularly since 1200 rank; just tweak your strategy a lot. My 10 warlord's deck has changed from nothing but banshees and deathblades to nothing but buffs, heals, shields, and 2 treasure card attacks. It won't really be annoying until your fighting the magus warlords, then I'd advise just leveling up, as you probably won't be able to get any more rank.

Kyle Stalker 10 Warlord
Liam Stalker 26 Warlord

Malorn Ashthorn 33 Overlord

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Oh no, that is how it works. Many prometheans, including me, have lost to grandmasters (warlords) in ranked pvp.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
This is just part of the PvP system, they think that since you have more rank they should pair you up with people of that level. Just tweak your strategy a bit before going back to PvP my Balance has to consecutively beat level 50 Warlords at level 30 (thank you 1600 rank) but its hard cause I don't have training points for conviction..

Wolf Legend (I feel ya)