Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

loremaster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2012
i am battling the loremaster a lot and i get no cards i am still in mooshu and not in dragonspyre.but i want to know what are my chances of getting goat monk. i am a life wizard at level 43

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jack RubyBringer on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
i am battling the loremaster a lot and i get no cards i am still in mooshu and not in dragonspyre.but i want to know what are my chances of getting goat monk. i am a life wizard at level 43
All drops are rare...spell drops even more so. There are no 'chances,' it's all random. And if you do get a spell,it may not be the one you want; there are a bunch of them:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster

Survivor
Apr 05, 2013
Well lets do the math.

I personally have beat her around a hundred times and got 3 spells. 100 divided by 3 is approximately 33 so we'll say one in 33 wins gets a spell.

I think the loremaster drops 13 spells. if you only want goat monk, you will most likely have to fight somewhere around 200 times for a very rough estimate, one hundred if you would be happy with either life spell.

just a rough guess from my personal experience.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I was fighting the loremaster one day and i was hoping to get the brimestone revenant but instead i got deer knight, so it's highly unlikely to get the spell you want.

Blaze ashblood level 69
Kyle level 8

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I am a lvl 53 storm, I have beaten her around 60 times and only got Lord of Night, and Deer Night. Like everyone else is saying it's all random to be honest, if you get lucky you'll get a card, but chances are you won't get one, If you battle her enough you'll eventually most likely get a card. but chances are you wont get the one you want, but hey you never know.

Jack StormSword Level 53

Jack LifeSWord Level 47

Jack FireSword Level 34

Jack IceSword Level 15

Survivor
May 05, 2011
Hello Wizards,personally i've done Loremaster about 200 times and no spell yet So for me it's very rare.Good luck to anyone else!!!

Nora Battle Whisper lvl 90

Survivor
May 08, 2012
whatsup76 on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Well lets do the math.

I personally have beat her around a hundred times and got 3 spells. 100 divided by 3 is approximately 33 so we'll say one in 33 wins gets a spell.

I think the loremaster drops 13 spells. if you only want goat monk, you will most likely have to fight somewhere around 200 times for a very rough estimate, one hundred if you would be happy with either life spell.

i don't care what i get but if it is i will be happy.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
RavenLady777 on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
All drops are rare...spell drops even more so. There are no 'chances,' it's all random. And if you do get a spell,it may not be the one you want; there are a bunch of them:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster
got that right I want the life ones and I got the Fire one (forgot name) and Handsome Fomori

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Jack RubyBringer on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Altho not as much fun maybe it would be better to battle the dungeon in Mooshu for the spell since you have a better chance of getting just that in your spell deck?

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Zaneki

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Shirataki_Temple

I farmed there for my Samaria spell for my Balance, I spent the day on and off at it and did get it. I gave up on Ninja Pigs for my Myth but wasn't too happy when my Ice got it dropped while questing there and I never used it.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Northlite on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
Altho not as much fun maybe it would be better to battle the dungeon in Mooshu for the spell since you have a better chance of getting just that in your spell deck?

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Zaneki

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Shirataki_Temple

I farmed there for my Samaria spell for my Balance, I spent the day on and off at it and did get it. I gave up on Ninja Pigs for my Myth but wasn't too happy when my Ice got it dropped while questing there and I never used it.
Yeah but then he would have to do almost all the crafters quests...

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I'm a balance wizard, with a myth mastery, so there's 5 spells that I would use a lot if I got them. But the one that I'm really after isn't the really, really, really rare 1 that you can only get from 1 place (Loremaster). But I want Savage Paw, if I don't get a drop, I have 6 TCs of it, but I still need to buy the recipe & get the rest of the reagents. Even as a balance wizard, I should be boasting about having 3 cards that I might get, but I don't feel like thanking KI much for it, I feel sorry for fire and storm, every school has 2 cards, except fire & storm, who have 1. I feel really selfish, that KI has given me 3 spells, and fire & storm are stuck with 1. Next time KI makes some more craftable spells, make at least 2 of them fire & storm, there are usually 3 spells that come out at a time, and I have some ideas. Athena could be an NPC in Aquila, and because she is the goddess of weaving, she would give you the recipes for 3 new spells:
: Hades - 250+300 damage to 1 enemy, 75% accuracy, 5 pips.
: Zeus - 650 damage and Storm Trap to 1 enemy, 70% accuracy, 5 pips.
: Poseidon - 450 damage to all enemies, 80% accuracy, 5 pips.

This way every school has at least 2 spells.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Well lets do the math.

I got 2 spells one time but neither are what I wanted and btw some more spells were added to her drop chance for those of us lvl 80 and above

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
I'm a balance wizard, with a myth mastery, so there's 5 spells that I would use a lot if I got them. But the one that I'm really after isn't the really, really, really rare 1 that you can only get from 1 place (Loremaster). But I want Savage Paw, if I don't get a drop, I have 6 TCs of it, but I still need to buy the recipe & get the rest of the reagents. Even as a balance wizard, I should be boasting about having 3 cards that I might get, but I don't feel like thanking KI much for it, I feel sorry for fire and storm, every school has 2 cards, except fire & storm, who have 1. I feel really selfish, that KI has given me 3 spells, and fire & storm are stuck with 1. Next time KI makes some more craftable spells, make at least 2 of them fire & storm, there are usually 3 spells that come out at a time, and I have some ideas. Athena could be an NPC in Aquila, and because she is the goddess of weaving, she would give you the recipes for 3 new spells:
: Hades - 250+300 damage to 1 enemy, 75% accuracy, 5 pips.
: Zeus - 650 damage and Storm Trap to 1 enemy, 70% accuracy, 5 pips.
: Poseidon - 450 damage to all enemies, 80% accuracy, 5 pips.

This way every school has at least 2 spells.
If u r a lvl80 or above she may drop Krampus

Explorer
May 17, 2010
West DeathTalon on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
If u r a lvl80 or above she may drop Krampus
Incorrect, anyone can get Krampus. I got Krampus (same as you 2 at same time) on my level 30 something wizard.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Well lets do the math.

Those numbers are way off. You got luckier than most. I have run Loremaster many many thousands of times. Your odds drop every time you get a spell also because you cannot receive a spell twice. I have 12 of her 14 spells. Running her for several hours a day, I averaged about 1 spell per week, some weeks I got 2 some none, first weekend I got 4 then nothing for a month. Now that I'm down to only 2 possible spells, it's been 6 weeks without a drop except Krampus when it was added. I only run it to waste time until new world part 2 comes out to help others get spells. 200 times is an unrealistic expectation to get one certain spell. You might get it first try or you might get 13 other spells after 10,000 runs before you get the one you want. It's all random.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Goat Monk was one of the spells I wanted most from her. I farmed with a whole group, and someone actually got Goat Monk. I was super jealous, but her drops are extremely rare. I've been farming for quite a while now. Just keep trying!

Hunter LifeLeaf

Survivor
Oct 29, 2013
the loremaster can drop real spells but its very rare. its a random chance to get them but i think its 1 in 1.5 million. i wanna get goat monk but this obsidian chest quest is long ... i got a real spell in the test realm but not in the live. like what is the chance?

if you reply thanks a lot cause i wanna get goat monk or lominus weaver

Kaitlyn lifeblossom level 48

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
I Have Done 30+ Runs Of loremaster i have gotten so far Lord Of Night & Catalan nothing i wanted but thankful for what i got Connor Level 36

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
from my vast farming this boss its about a tenth a percent chance to see any spell for any wizard when this boss is killed. It always seem like when you want it you get that one last :-)