Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can't buy recipes in Knight's Court

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I am a level 34 wizard attempting to buy equipment recipes from Rufus Cavendish in Knight's Court in Marleybone. The recipes are for wizards only level 22+ only. However, any recipe I click on will not activate the "buy" button.

Any thoughts on why this might be so?

Thank you.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Padric Crowhaven on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 34 wizard attempting to buy equipment recipes from Rufus Cavendish in Knight's Court in Marleybone. The recipes are for wizards only level 22+ only. However, any recipe I click on will not activate the "buy" button.

Thank you.
Have you completed the crafting quests to enable you to craft the items?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Padric Crowhaven on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:

Thank you.
Crafting is similar to regular questing...you have to earn your way along. My guess is that you have not.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
Hello to RavenLady777 and Northlite. Thank you very much for your responses, and based on those I am concluding that I have not completed some quest related to crafting that I need to, but I am at a loss for which that might be.
I apologize to both of you for not going back and getting the specific details about my previous experience, but at the moment I feel my need to thank you and respond outweighs the time I have to research details....again, I apologize and ask your indulgence.
The crafting requests I have completed are one in Wizard City and one in Krokotopia. I am half-way through a crafting request in Marleybone from Felicia Worthington (just outside Digmoore Station; two each of one item done, two each of a different item left to complete--pesky 'scrap iron' requirement....).
Is it your experience that I need to complete Felicia's quest, or is there some other crafting quest I am not aware of? Thank you again.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Padric Crowhaven on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Hello to RavenLady777 and Northlite. Thank you very much for your responses, and based on those I am concluding that I have not completed some quest related to crafting that I need to, but I am at a loss for which that might be.
I apologize to both of you for not going back and getting the specific details about my previous experience, but at the moment I feel my need to thank you and respond outweighs the time I have to research details....again, I apologize and ask your indulgence.
The crafting requests I have completed are one in Wizard City and one in Krokotopia. I am half-way through a crafting request in Marleybone from Felicia Worthington (just outside Digmoore Station; two each of one item done, two each of a different item left to complete--pesky 'scrap iron' requirement....).
Is it your experience that I need to complete Felicia's quest, or is there some other crafting quest I am not aware of? Thank you again.
I think you are on the right track there. If the recipes are not available to purchase, yes, you will need to complete the current crafting quest to buy the recipes.

Welcome to the world of realm switchers, lol. Find a spot with one or two scrap iron spawn and switch realms as it allows you to. Who knew crafting was going to become "sit and wait" right?

Spoiler alert, in Mooshu don't pass by any Black Lotus with out collecting it.

Always glad to help get a wizard back on track.
Mary StarGem

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
Thank you Mary StarGem. Finally found enough scrap iron to finish Felicia's quest and "yes" I can now access the recipes. Interestingly enough, after I finished her quest, I wasn't done with Marleybone yet and--lo and behold--scrap iron started showing up much more frequently as I wound my way through the remaining quests.
I have access to Mooshu now, so I will definitely keep an eye out for black lotus, but I've set a goal to finish up Wysteria first (perhaps not surprisingly, black lotus is starting to appear in sporadically in Wysteria also).
Thank you again.
Padric Crowhaven