Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the ideal pet for each school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
There are a lot of wizards who try to get the best pet available. I know I do. The best pet I could find in the crown shop was the Sea Dragon. I just completed training him to Ancient and have been very happy with him. However he is with my Death Wizard. However I enjoy creating a theme for my wizard and I think the Sea Dragon would be better on a Storm or Ice wizard.

So my question is which pets with the best potential attributes do you feel match up with each school of magic and why?

For instance I want to train a Bone Dragon next for my Death wizard. I understand that they can get Spritely and have universal defense and attack boost. Unfortunately this pet is only available near Halloween so I will have to wait.

So what are your ideas for each of the schools and why? I think this is a cool idea for a thread that could get a lot of traction. I am looking forward to everyone's input!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Borgha on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
There are a lot of wizards who try to get the best pet available. I know I do. The best pet I could find in the crown shop was the Sea Dragon. I just completed training him to Ancient and have been very happy with him. However he is with my Death Wizard. However I enjoy creating a theme for my wizard and I think the Sea Dragon would be better on a Storm or Ice wizard.

So my question is which pets with the best potential attributes do you feel match up with each school of magic and why?

For instance I want to train a Bone Dragon next for my Death wizard. I understand that they can get Spritely and have universal defense and attack boost. Unfortunately this pet is only available near Halloween so I will have to wait.

So what are your ideas for each of the schools and why? I think this is a cool idea for a thread that could get a lot of traction. I am looking forward to everyone's input!!
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Bone_Dragon

Bone Dragon is actually a Death School pet you can get at level 78. It's abilities do not include Spritely. Our Death wizard currently runs with his Scare Crow which we are all fond of, (lvl 58 death only pet). which is to ancient - it has Spritely, Death Blade and Death Trap and some times has spun all three in a row.

I am currently working on school only pets across 2 accounts for our wizards as a lark, I would like Spritely as the base talent. I am now working on a Leopard that I farmed for, I know I said the F word, lol, I am not breaking my game play style, I got the drop very soon so wasn't totally frustrated with the results. I never got that pet from Mirror Lake so found a boss to take down for it that was a little more manageable for me.

I hatched this original with a Phoenix our Fire wizard has, the baby Leopard I got so far, at adult, has Fire Blade and Spritely so I am on the way to the things I wanted from this pet. My original Leopard has Fire Blade and Smoke Screen. I hatched the Leopard on my Life wizard so I was sure I would get a Leopard in return.

My Life wizard is stuck with her Forest Lord since that pet has earned it's place there. My Balance likes her Judgement pet fine enough. I have a Glacier pet mix hatch up that has Spritely and will go to my new Ice wizard but I have other Ice pets that I may work on. My Storm is using a Cloud Beast but I intend on putting some work in the school pets for maybe a better match up.

I would like to eventually see if we can make a SPUD pet but don't think I will every have a pet with Unicorn or DeathBlade to enter into the mix since these aren't common drop pets and cost crowns to buy. We are working on the side with Starfish for Spell Proof but that seems hard to come by.