Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the level 72 fire spell really worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
The detonate spell costs 4 pips and all it does is make and overtime damage effect do all its damage at once to an enemy, that's it nothing else.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Say an opponent might KO your wizard on the next turn. Your DOT will take him out, but not before he KOs you. In tight situations like these Detonate works. Also, you'll need to get Detonate if you want your level 75 spell, Backdraft.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
SporeDemigod on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Say an opponent might KO your wizard on the next turn. Your DOT will take him out, but not before he KOs you. In tight situations like these Detonate works. Also, you'll need to get Detonate if you want your level 75 spell, Backdraft.
Thank you for telling me what you can use detonate for, but I still think it needs to cost less pips.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
WizardFan564 on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Thank you for telling me what you can use detonate for, but I still think it needs to cost less pips.
I agree that it should cost less pips. This spell is just soo specifically used that the pip cost makes it ALMOST useless. It's one of those types of spells that requires a LOT of planning before use, and there's nothing wrong with that; it's just in MOST cases, it's a wasted spell/poor spell choice

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
My gear gives it to me and I just use it to get on my friends nerves in pvp

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
dayerider on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
I agree that it should cost less pips. This spell is just soo specifically used that the pip cost makes it ALMOST useless. It's one of those types of spells that requires a LOT of planning before use, and there's nothing wrong with that; it's just in MOST cases, it's a wasted spell/poor spell choice
If it costs,lets say 2 pips, then fire school would have an upper hand. Lets say you did a full pip hound on a guy in pvp and if you use detonate the next round then all that dude gets is a single round to do a counter.Just my opinions