Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Actual books in the library!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
What really bugs me is that the libraries sell treasure cards but not books. I mean, I am just fine with the treasure cards, but why not books? Just a sec need to go will continue argument

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Ok, continuing. In the library, you can read books about different things in the spiral, most about the world the library is located in, and the books can contain useful tips about gold, pets, dueling, etc. And, if you have enough gold, you can buy the book as a housing item, so you (and visitors) can read the books ( Which I believe to be perfect for the huge room full of books in the Wizard's Watchtower, if you can afford it.)
This is a Wizard101 must have. Everyone, tell me what you think and we can make this happen!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Sounds epic!!! One night I dreamed we could borrow books from the library lol. I would make more use of the library too! Anyway you can buy all those tc he sells at the bazaar. Maybe ere could be different books for different libraries!! Like in wizard city u could read about goblins fairies .. Etc .. Wiz city related stuff and tips like u said . In Krok maybe kroks Manders and Krok related stuff etc etc etc . Maybe there could be late fees too, to make it feel more like a real library on earth .... OH THAT GIVES ME AN IDEA!!! What if instead of dropping off books, how about a magic portal or something ...?? Lol cool idea Elizabeth !

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Nice idea, but not sure if many people would buy them. After all, if it is in the library, why not read it in there?

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I think that would be cool, to have a shelf with readable books. They could be fan fictions, game guides, tricks and tips, did-you-knows, stories, and maybe even a Wizard101 encyclopedia, with everything to know about the game ( like the Wiz101 wiki but in-game). You could buy the books ( they always have them in stock) and put them in your house, like in a bookshelf or on a table for decoration or easy access. And, maybe even the library could have a desk with an open, blank book next to an ink bottle and quill where you can write your own books! That would be the best thing ever, and it would make my bookshelf look much prettier.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
awesome I will feel like a real wizard within studies!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
SoupWizard64 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
I think that would be cool, to have a shelf with readable books. They could be fan fictions, game guides, tricks and tips, did-you-knows, stories, and maybe even a Wizard101 encyclopedia, with everything to know about the game ( like the Wiz101 wiki but in-game). You could buy the books ( they always have them in stock) and put them in your house, like in a bookshelf or on a table for decoration or easy access. And, maybe even the library could have a desk with an open, blank book next to an ink bottle and quill where you can write your own books! That would be the best thing ever, and it would make my bookshelf look much prettier.
Write your own book? Awesomely epic! lol I love saying "Awesomely epic"

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Awesomely epic everyone! Since everybody is so determined with "borrowing" the books, the library could have a bookstore section where you buy the books and keep them!

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I also would like to see the library contain information. I would like to be able to look up a reagent to see where it is found. Similar information as would be found on the wizard 101 central wiki.

I would be nice to be able to see all the badges and what needs to be done to get them.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
SoupWizard64 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
I like your ideas. But with making our own books, KingsIsle probably wouldn't approve of that. other than that, great idea.

Blake FireGem

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Epic idea! Books could also be prizes at the end of quests, once you finish reading a book, you could get a pet, or a ingrediant for crafting, or a Treasure card, or a piece of clothing, or a house item! (So many possibilities!) Pretty epic things could come to Wizard101 through books!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Master Tara PearlG... on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Epic idea! Books could also be prizes at the end of quests, once you finish reading a book, you could get a pet, or a ingrediant for crafting, or a Treasure card, or a piece of clothing, or a house item! (So many possibilities!) Pretty epic things could come to Wizard101 through books!
I don't like the idea of rewards for reading a book. I think of it as a pleasure, and I don't want people hurrying through and not actually reading.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
How about no reward and just for fun. My storm needs to study up because he doesn't know that much about other schools. He also loves to learn. And how about quizzes afterwards for a prize. However the quizzes use book information preventing rushing for the prize. And in crowns shop the "book worm" pet could be released. However these quizzes would be difficult and book worm could be a prize or some book furniture or quiz points! Quiz points could be saved up for special stuff you can only get from Harold Argelston (sp. error sorry) using quiz points! Eventually you could earn a library house! As previously mentioned, some books could be like the wiki! Oh the possiblities. Please KI!

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Noobman 1 on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
I like your ideas. But with making our own books, KingsIsle probably wouldn't approve of that. other than that, great idea.

Blake FireGem
With the write your own books thing, I meant you could write short little fan-fics or journals for yourself to keep, easier to program that way. Anyway... Please KI, please make the Library more of a Library!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
With the write your own books thing, I meant you could write short little fan-fics or journals for yourself to keep, easier to program that way. Anyway... Please KI, please make the Library more of a Library!
Would certain words or combinations of words not be allowed, like in Text and Open chat? That's the only way I could see small little fanfictions being allowed.

As for the books idea, I love it! Although the rewards at the end seem a little over the top. I'd read it, if only for fun. I don't think people should need rewards to finish a book.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
I like the idea of being able to do some research and going to the library and looking it up. Nice idea

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
critical death on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
How about no reward and just for fun. My storm needs to study up because he doesn't know that much about other schools. He also loves to learn. And how about quizzes afterwards for a prize. However the quizzes use book information preventing rushing for the prize. And in crowns shop the "book worm" pet could be released. However these quizzes would be difficult and book worm could be a prize or some book furniture or quiz points! Quiz points could be saved up for special stuff you can only get from Harold Argelston (sp. error sorry) using quiz points! Eventually you could earn a library house! As previously mentioned, some books could be like the wiki! Oh the possiblities. Please KI!
I would LOVE quizzes and the Book Worm pet, if this library became in-game, I would be there 24/7
It would be a fun thing to do when you get bored with questing, or are waiting for the new world, wow, this would just be so amazing and so much fun and gosh, this would just be amazing

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf