Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death: Unfair advantage?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Death has an unfair advantage. It has the top amount of blade and trap value, a lot of extra traps, moderate attack, and then give half to you. This is very frustrating! Anyone agree?

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Historian
May 06, 2009
No way! Life has the most unfair advantage! They have the top amount of heals and can bring themselves back after defeat! And those heal boosts! Oh my gosh! They can just heal off any damage done to them! Who could possibly beat them? This is very frustrating!

Hold on! Balance is really the school with the most unfair advantage! They get the most situational spells out of anyone! They can take away your pips, summon spells that don't even deal their school damage! Plus they can resist to every school with Elemental and Spirit Shield or dispel every school with Elemental or Spirit Defuse! Then they have strong heals to there own school. Not only that, but they can make you lose your Aura spells and deal damage on you! That's annoying!

No wait! Storm has the most unfair advantage! They sacrifice everything to get all these power ups and super strong spells! They can crush you in one round! Plus with all the sun spells, they're unbeatable!

Nope! It's Ice that has the unfair advantage! They can do a moderate amount of damage, but they have all the those shields. With Frozen Armor, no one can hit them. And with all that resist, damage is nothing to them. And at high level worlds, they can get super strong resist, it's crazy!

Please, Fire is crazy! They get tons of AoE spells! Even in the higher worlds! They have so much power, they could whipe your team out with out wasting any pips! Then with all those damage over time spells, they can turn shields to dust or when you think you've taked the worst of it, every round is another big hit of damage! Plus they can steal charms, decrease accuracy, super boost themselves, heal and deal damage, and stun! Everyone's totally out match!

Not even close! Myth is the deadliest school! They have all those powerful single hit spells, they can just one hit kill everyone one at a time. Then they have 6 Minions to back them up! How could anyone possibly defeat them if they keep spamming minion after minion to their aod? And the stuns! They have so many stun spells, they can stun you round after round after round until you can't even tell you can make a move. And with their 2-hit spells, what would be the point of shields? They can break those away. And they can totally obliterate all your defenses with Pierce, Shatter, or Earthquake! They truly have the unfair advantage.

Yeah, no. As a Death Wizard myself, I don't agree with you at all. Every school has their own advantages as I showed above. Death's happens to be that we sacrifice strong base spells, for a large amount of buffs. This allows us to make our spells very strong to compensate, but there is a catch. Because our power is broken into multiple buffs, we have to wait longer to power ourselves than any other school. Also, it's our schools specialty to have steal spells. This works back in our favor for the lost of powerful spells. Every school must have it's own unique ability or there wouldn't be anything special about any of them.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
As a death, we don't. I have to use a blade and 1-3 traps to even be effective. We only have 2 extra traps and one of our blades costs 3 pips, we take damage to get it, and it's weaker than our 0 pip blade. We are just another school. Plus if we do too many extra quests in the early levels and we end up level 22 before nightshade we can't get our spells because we have malorn ashthorn THEN a teacher. Plus if we solo malistaire (Not the undead one) we have to prism every single enemy to use scarecrow effectively. And our bubble doesn't boost our damage and we can't heal effectively, so under Doom we are forced to build up big drains just to heal. And in the early levels a ghoul is all we have for a drain until vampire so a 160 hit that heal like nothing? not an advantage.
Critical Death

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
No way! Life has the most unfair advantage! They have the top amount of heals and can bring themselves back after defeat! And those heal boosts! Oh my gosh! They can just heal off any damage done to them! Who could possibly beat them? This is very frustrating!

Hold on! Balance is really the school with the most unfair advantage! They get the most situational spells out of anyone! They can take away your pips, summon spells that don't even deal their school damage! Plus they can resist to every school with Elemental and Spirit Shield or dispel every school with Elemental or Spirit Defuse! Then they have strong heals to there own school. Not only that, but they can make you lose your Aura spells and deal damage on you! That's annoying!

No wait! Storm has the most unfair advantage! They sacrifice everything to get all these power ups and super strong spells! They can crush you in one round! Plus with all the sun spells, they're unbeatable!

Nope! It's Ice that has the unfair advantage! They can do a moderate amount of damage, but they have all the those shields. With Frozen Armor, no one can hit them. And with all that resist, damage is nothing to them. And at high level worlds, they can get super strong resist, it's crazy!

Please, Fire is crazy! They get tons of AoE spells! Even in the higher worlds! They have so much power, they could whipe your team out with out wasting any pips! Then with all those damage over time spells, they can turn shields to dust or when you think you've taked the worst of it, every round is another big hit of damage! Plus they can steal charms, decrease accuracy, super boost themselves, heal and deal damage, and stun! Everyone's totally out match!

Not even close! Myth is the deadliest school! They have all those powerful single hit spells, they can just one hit kill everyone one at a time. Then they have 6 Minions to back them up! How could anyone possibly defeat them if they keep spamming minion after minion to their aod? And the stuns! They have so many stun spells, they can stun you round after round after round until you can't even tell you can make a move. And with their 2-hit spells, what would be the point of shields? They can break those away. And they can totally obliterate all your defenses with Pierce, Shatter, or Earthquake! They truly have the unfair advantage.

Yeah, no. As a Death Wizard myself, I don't agree with you at all. Every school has their own advantages as I showed above. Death's happens to be that we sacrifice strong base spells, for a large amount of buffs. This allows us to make our spells very strong to compensate, but there is a catch. Because our power is broken into multiple buffs, we have to wait longer to power ourselves than any other school. Also, it's our schools specialty to have steal spells. This works back in our favor for the lost of powerful spells. Every school must have it's own unique ability or there wouldn't be anything special about any of them.
Very well said, and thanks for the part.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
No school has an advantage over any other. Cunning Finnigan Sharp stated it very clearly.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010

Yes, I understand that death takes longer to buff, but then it means instant kill.

Ice: Never once have i seen a successful ice wizard using ice armor.
Myth: All the higher ranked spells are one enemy, as opposed to the other schools that all deal damage to all enemies.
Storm has very little health and accuracy. And that one round kill can be blocked easily with a shield with no way of destroying it.
Balance, I agree has an advantage though.
As life, i for one know that we do not have an unfair advantage. Yes, it can heal, but no real offense until level 58 where you finally get a group attack spell.

And Ravenlady777, please stop putting down everyones posts. I have read some of your others and you just tell everyone they are all wrong. I am just defending my original statement.

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Explorer
May 22, 2011
Lies. When you say, "Tones of extra traps" you are including the Spirit Blade and Traps, Right? They are each 1 pip. Also, Feint is 1 pip, that makes me mad, and it takes forever to get everything on. All death wizards, i'm sure, have died while putting blades and traps on, am I right? Also, when they weakness you, or shield you have to wand attack them, and that wastes them. So yeah, no advantage what so ever

Wolf-74 Death

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

very well stated

Survivor
Jul 02, 2013
As long is death is considered good
I am in

Dolan LightThorn level 21 Necromancer

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
RavenLady777 on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
No school has an advantage over any other. Cunning Finnigan Sharp stated it very clearly.
Yep. What I was trying to say but I decided to blab on .

Historian
May 06, 2009
bunnyukti on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Yes, I understand that death takes longer to buff, but then it means instant kill.

Myth: All the higher ranked spells are one enemy, as opposed to the other schools that all deal damage to all enemies.
Storm has very little health and accuracy. And that one round kill can be blocked easily with a shield with no way of destroying it.
As life, i for one know that we do not have an unfair advantage. Yes, it can heal, but no real offense until level 58 where you finally get a group attack spell.

And Ravenlady777, please stop putting down everyones posts. I have read some of your others and you just tell everyone they are all wrong. I am just defending my original statement.

Sierra Hex - - level 33
As you've stated, these are all the sacrifices schools make. It's explicitly told with every school describtion. As I've said, Death is no holy school. It's like anyone else. Because we have so many buffs to nearly ensure a one hit kill, that takes time, time that enemies use to deal damage on us. Also with spells like Enfeeble, Disarm, Cleanse Ward, Tower Shield, Death Shield, Efreet, Earthquake, etc., an enemy can easily ruined our plan and make us spend more time to power up. And our health is only moderate, as well as other powers (we're more damage and critical than anything else)

I was pointing out some of the special abilities each school has to show that any school can appear with an "unfair advantage."

You may not see many Ice wizards use Ice Armor and Frozen Armor, but it is possible to nearly do nothing on them when used. I've used Polymorph Icehorn before; saved up a ton of power pips and used Frozen Armor in it's deck on a friend. It was impossible for the enemy to even put a scratch on the guy.

Myth's speciallty is primarily Minions and single hit spells. My brother and a friend of mine are Myth wizards who currently have Celestial Calendar. You may not have seen, but when they really power these spells they can regularly do 14000-over 60,000 damage. That's enough to kill a boss in Azteca. AoE spells, as nice as they are, do smaller damage than a single hit spell. But like Death, Myth has to save up to deal these spells, but can do one hit kills.

A little exageration on my part about Storm. With Super Charge, Storm has some of the strongest power. While you make think you're safe behind a shield, Storm can obliterate through that, no joke. On one occasion I PvP'ed a storm guy and I used Thermic Shield (-70% Damage to Fire and Storm). He had saved up enough power to still kill me in one hit. Because of all the power Storm has, they have to loose defenses, accuracy, and base health. That's they way they are.

Life (and Balance) has been best designed for Group play. It is not impossible for a Life wizard to solo at all, but KI has designed the school to be the healing school, sacrificing damage for heal, to better aid the whole team. This allows them bring up the defense in the team and heal, if they so choose to. They do have some strong spells. In solo, due to this sacrifice, it would take them longer to defeat an enemy, but any damage dealt to them, they can just heal off. With the Sun and Star Schools (and maybe some Polymorphs..) and fient, Life can get a boost in offenses. Life can always learn from another school to regain power, too. But no unfair advantage? Life is starting to bring some hate in PvP. Around Avalon, they gain a spell that revives them after defeat, so it can be impossible to completely defeat them. Also, they have some of the highest In. and Out. Heal. This allows theirs heals to be very strong. You can hammer away at a Life all you want, they can just come up to full health in a snap.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
I am saying that at least death overpowers life. Feint basically undoes the shield ( though slightly less, mathematically speaking ) and swaps go right through the spirit armor. I just guess what i am saying is it is ironic that death can HEAL.

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
post after post after post arguing over which school has the advantage. Instead of the incessant whining about another school having an advantage over you, just delete your "weak" wizard, create a new one in the school you "believe" has the advantage. Then start whining that they lesser schools are too easy to defeat!

I did not mean for this to sound mean. But enough is enough already!!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I'm Balance, and I love all the schools! I've had a lot of fun beating the daylights out of them. :D

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Death only has that many traps and stuff, because some of our spells aren't that very powerful compared to other schools. Like take storm for instance. The lighting bats are just as powerful as the banshee but it requires less pips.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
It might seem that death does, but look at how weak their attack spells are. They need all of the boosts so that they can do some damage.

it's just as Cunning Finnigan said.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
When you really think about, don't all of the schools have an unfair advantage?

Death can heal and attack at the same time.
Life can cast a heal at nearly anytime and have a spell called Guardian Spirit which allows the target to regain 15% of their health automatically when defeated.
Myth can cast an Earthquake right when you're bladed up and ready to attack, which is really frustrating.
Storm are perfectly capable of casting spells that deal massive amount of damage and are able to whip up an attack fairly quickly.
Ice have lots of health and Tower Shield.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
bunnyukti on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

Sierra Hex - - level 33
It takes longer to buff, and save pips, so your stuck there, blading, and you can't heal at the moment, holding on to your last health points.

And Ravenlady777 is NOT putting down others, she is telling them the truth. And the truth is what you need to know. She is trying to help, not put down others.