Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't help but to feel cheated...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I spent crowns on the tournament not a small amount just to sign up. So the fight is 12 hours away and I am thinking ok I have nothing to do then. However as it turned out I did. Nothing I could foresee still there was no was to postpone and if I missed the call I spent the money!

HOW IS THIS FAIR

I am so hot about this its like I was cheated. Your schedule is impossible hours and days away what is behind this? What's the reasoning. You might as well just say there are 2 tournaments a day and times they will be. It doesn't make any sense that 1v1 tournaments have to have a whole day to wait. How big is the tournament that you need 24 hours to secure players?

Anyway I just wanted to find out am I the only one who thinks this set up is like throwing away money. I am on often KI can check my loggings but even I can not manage to set appointments with a game. Realizing this I cant play that side and its sad because I tried it on the test and I liked it. It was fun and worth the money just not something I think I could do all the time. I assumed there would be a wait but hours and days to expect that kind of commitment is asking too much of your users. Maybe this is standard at other places (I still wouldn't know) but it is a huge turn off to log on late and find that you have lost your money. I would prefer to be sent to the back of the line but to lose my money.

Its like ordering a pizza in advance showing up late only to find that they tossed your pizza and intend to keep your money for the trouble of making them. In this case I would have preferred the cold pizza for my trouble rather than a bad taste that is left in my mouth about the transaction.

I know you guys tend to listen to advice and take it with a grain of dust, still I know you read these things and you really should rethink that concept. I refused to believe that I am the only one who was taken aback with regard to this "loop hole." Its not smarmy (like selling spells) but its pretty harsh.

I wont be playing it again. I would be a fool to throw my money away like that. I was angry with you this time next time (unless you change that) I would be the fool. No thanks my mother did not raise a fool. I don't expect the crowns back I read the non refundable. I am just saying, its not a good look for you. You cant be the family friendly game that also cheats its users. I say this as one of the oldest members.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Sorry you lost your crowns I agree too tournaments shouldn't be that long to wait, that's why I don't do them. My schedule is very tight, so I'm not good with setting up times and plans like that. It's a good way to lose money if you miss your cue I was so mad when I found out tournaments were for CROWNS!! Why not subscription at least so then if you miss your time, you can simply set it up again for no extra charge. That's a shame it really it is ........

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree with you on this. I think if we missed it, we should get a free tournament credit so if we have to do something and we missed the tournament, we didn't waste our crowns.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2013
It just isn't fair!!!
I was so excited to do tournaments, between the commercials and it being a new way to
earn really good prizes,
being a member but a supporter of crowns,I was very mad to find out it costs crowns, and not a little, a lot!!!!
Now I find myself ranting every time the commercials come on

Rylee38

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
You paid for a spot in a tourney.

You took a spot in the tourney that someone else could have signed up for to get they're chance at loot. This is like buying out a theatre and never showing up.

You were not cheated, you made a commitment and didn't show up so they charged you.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
KOblivion on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:

You took a spot in the tourney that someone else could have signed up for to get they're chance at loot. This is like buying out a theatre and never showing up.

You were not cheated, you made a commitment and didn't show up so they charged you.
He made a commitment, but Dude, this is a game to play for fun. If you can't make it back to the PC for
something that is going on in real life, I mean what are you saying. If my brother gets hurt, I am suppose
to ignore taking him to the Hospital and go play my Tourney, what......?

Maybe if you have not signed on 15 minutes before the Tourney starts, then open it back up for someone else.
Sorry, you just lost your spot, because you appeared not to be on and ready for the match or something.

If you can't make it, there should be a back up list, that will let someone take your place.
Real life is far more important than a game, and KI has to realize that we cannot revolve our
life around a game.

I can agree with your example above, but again, this is a family game, for kids. Don't start messing with
crowns in this fashion, for some it's a lot of money to join these matches.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
KOblivion on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:

No in fact I tried it again and you can lose your place even if your partner or partner don't show. And if you are paying for a spot (reservation if you will) than that should be made crystal clear. There are a number ways you can lose this or be bounced from the comp and there are no refunds its like throwing money away. As I said its a great idea that is flawed. This is idea as it stands it a "play at your risk" gamble.

So with that said if you know this and still choose to toss your money into the well. You are welcome to it. I thought the prize may have been worth it but its not for me.

I would like to say that to anyone who has been reading me over the years I am not a cry baby I have overcome many of the challenges of this game and over the years they have had great idea and ideas I think were created mere as money pit.

Such is business. But my only complaint is that they give you a FULL disclosure of the risk. So on this one I think the concept is buggy and I think anyone with eyes can see it right away and if you don't agree (KOblivion) you are more than welcome to your opinion. I simply don't agree. So you can continue to pay for the promise of a spot I will not.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
I wouldn't mind that you lose the crowns if you didn't have to pay so far in advance. I don't want to pay real money to be able to play in a tournament for mediocre prizes that I may or may not be able to make since it's about a day away. I'm not very much in love with tournaments when they start this far off, its (Like Sojo said) a gamble.(Going to just include this really fast, but not a big fan of packs either, Kingsisle got rid of Wager Matches way back at the dawn of time because it was gambling which was not conducive towards a kids game, kind of going right back into that).