Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 38 Quest and Shirataki Temple

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
As I was trying to complete my level 38 life quest for the dyrad spell, I was asked to defeat Plague Oni. However, upon reaching the dungeon I was supposed to conquer, I could not go in. It appears I needed the quest from Mooshu in order to enter, and Moolinda's quest was not enough to grant me access. Perhaps I am just a high level for Mooshu and should have already received the quest to defeat Plague Oni, but it seems that, for those of us who complete many side quests, we should at least be able to enter the dungeon because we have the quest from Moolinda. It just seems silly that, in order to complete the quest for a new primary school spell, one must have the story line quest for the same dungeon. I would like to suggest either allowing access for life students without the story line quest so that they might complete the school quest, or changing the boss that life school students need to defeat into an "exclusive for life students" boss.

Level 41 (almost 42) Theurgist

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
As you were saying, I'm afraid you can only go into dungeons once you have done so in the storyline quest. You could try getting a friend to go in so you can port to them, though. That works.
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BlueGhost004 on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
As I was trying to complete my level 38 life quest for the dyrad spell, I was asked to defeat Plague Oni. However, upon reaching the dungeon I was supposed to conquer, I could not go in. It appears I needed the quest from Mooshu in order to enter, and Moolinda's quest was not enough to grant me access. Perhaps I am just a high level for Mooshu and should have already received the quest to defeat Plague Oni, but it seems that, for those of us who complete many side quests, we should at least be able to enter the dungeon because we have the quest from Moolinda. It just seems silly that, in order to complete the quest for a new primary school spell, one must have the story line quest for the same dungeon. I would like to suggest either allowing access for life students without the story line quest so that they might complete the school quest, or changing the boss that life school students need to defeat into an "exclusive for life students" boss.

Level 41 (almost 42) Theurgist
You ran into this issue not because of a problem, but because you aren't as far along in the game as the programmers thought you should be. You've obviously done a bunch of side quests, which is not a bad thing.
the game does not need to be fixed and certainly shouldn't be for one school in particular; you simply need to proceed and once you gain access, you can complete the school and game quest at the same time.