Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp fix idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Hello this is my first time i did this . Anyways, i've heard alot of complaints about who goes first and who goes second being unfair and i feel the same way but i thought of a way that it could be solved. Instead of someone going first and second, how about each side chooses their spells separately. So lets say there was a who did power nova, and a who had done frost giant that same turn, the down side would be that wouldnt get a chance to "react" and do the spell anyways making it weak. So my version would be like the is choosing his/her spell,which would be power nova, while the just waits. Then the gets to choose his/her spell while balance waits which would be something to get rid of the weakness. So this would take longer, but it would make it more fair for going first and second. I've been told that i over explain things way too much so i hope people can understand this. So in conclusion, instead of being:
wizard A and wizard B choose spell at same time
it would be :
Wizard A choose spell. Spell activated
Wizard B choose spell. Spell activated
Back and forth

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
CDeathheart on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello this is my first time i did this . Anyways, i've heard alot of complaints about who goes first and who goes second being unfair and i feel the same way but i thought of a way that it could be solved. Instead of someone going first and second, how about each side chooses their spells separately. So lets say there was a who did power nova, and a who had done frost giant that same turn, the down side would be that wouldnt get a chance to "react" and do the spell anyways making it weak. So my version would be like the is choosing his/her spell,which would be power nova, while the just waits. Then the gets to choose his/her spell while balance waits which would be something to get rid of the weakness. So this would take longer, but it would make it more fair for going first and second. I've been told that i over explain things way too much so i hope people can understand this. So in conclusion, instead of being:
wizard A and wizard B choose spell at same time
it would be :
Wizard A choose spell. Spell activated
Wizard B choose spell. Spell activated
Back and forth
Third page back, there is a Thread by ChickenHawk that already says this. Go ahead and look at it, it already has a lot of insight/arguments about this

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Interestingly enough,
I found the exact same idea as well by Seasnake in 2010 and Ghoststone back from May 31.

In other words, 3 people independently came up with the same idea in the past few months.

Link to Seasnake's Thread: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/fixes-to-the-advantage-of-going-first-24391

Link to Ghost stone's Thread: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/going-first-vs-going-second-8ad6a4143ed59e43013efa4b04152d76

Link to My thread: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/final-fix-for-going-second-8ad6a4193f7f8b4a013f8df7260e755b