Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All the BBC references in Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Am I the only one who noticed that they are using BBC shows to put in the world. First Doctor Who, The Professor with the long colorful scarf *hint hint* (4th Doctor) and he is in front of a red telegraph box, instead of being a blue police box. Also Sherlock one spot on the map 221 B. Barker St... instead of being 221 B. Baker St. Don't get me wrong I love these shows and I thought that was really neat that they added these in the game, it's humorous, but please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
abadab on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed that they are using BBC shows to put in the world. First Doctor Who, The Professor with the long colorful scarf *hint hint* (4th Doctor) and he is in front of a red telegraph box, instead of being a blue police box. Also Sherlock one spot on the map 221 B. Barker St... instead of being 221 B. Baker St. Don't get me wrong I love these shows and I thought that was really neat that they added these in the game, it's humorous, but please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this.
Um, the entire world is based on London, so yeah.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Oh dear... They call them "the brilliant easter eggs". You are going to love this thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/the-brilliant-easter-eggs-in-wizard101-34763

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
meowearty= mowiarty Sherlock Holmes arch Nemesis

-jack skullbreeze

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
In The Test Realm, The "Professor" Gives You Jelly Babies. At That Point, I Was Super Excited

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well not just BBC, it's based entirely off of London. And who doesn't like puns? Yes I did notice most of these refrences ( I just got into MB don't expect me to see everything already).

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Just wait until you get to Avalon. Everyone from Led Zeppelin to George R. R. Martin gets a neat plug in that world.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2012
I Love all the BBC references. Marleybone is totally my favorite world of all because of it. Coming from a Whovian

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
Okay I can't be the only one... So I think there should be a quest for the Doctor Who guy in marleybone. Like if you do the quest from zaferia, and you get the key and sense he leaves, he comes back and you get to go into space with him. You get to fight the weeping angels that are And like just fight things. I mean it would be fun for the 50th anniversary of the show! Just an idea

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
If you search for him, you will find a dog named gordon sumner. That is the birth name of rocker Sting.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
The dog its also wearing the trainers of the tenth doctor

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
One of my friends and I spent FOREVER trying to read the sign on the front, and we figured out that the last sentence said "Warning: Smaller on the inside!"

Emma Ravenstone, level 35