Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Merle hunchbacked?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
I have noticed that Merle Ambrose is a hunchback. He is always bent over at a strange angle. Any idea why? (I am mostly talking to Professors Greyrose and Falmea, they know him best) I know he's a powerful wizard, and that he has fought battles with the undead and Malistaire, but what could hurt him enough to make him a hunchback?

-Kaitlyn Dawnsong

lvl 12 Balance

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
For 2 reasons-
1- he is old.
2- I bet at some point he maybe broke his back, maybe from a fire dragon. (Molly still has the burn scar when battledrake let out a small puff of fire)

Molly

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
maybe he forgot to bend his knees

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
1) he's older than time itself (look at alhazred when you get to krokotopia);
2) he's fought more battles than you ever have, or ever will;
3) he's the hunchback of notre dame in disguise.

-von.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
balancegirl831 on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed that Merle Ambrose is a hunchback. He is always bent over at a strange angle. Any idea why? (I am mostly talking to Professors Greyrose and Falmea, they know him best) I know he's a powerful wizard, and that he has fought battles with the undead and Malistaire, but what could hurt him enough to make him a hunchback?

-Kaitlyn Dawnsong

lvl 12 Balance
because of all the small wizards he has to talk to every single day...

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Because he's one of the older wizard fellows :P

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Because Morganthe used a spell on him to make him Hunchback of Wizard Dame. LOL

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
When he was a young lad, he had a fever. (His hands swelled up like two balloons...)

In his feverish state he had a vision. He saw a great red dragon, one that needed serious orthodontist work, battling a great white dragon, one that was very nearsighted. They were fighting tooth and claw over a treasure chest.

Ambrose recognized the first dragon, it was the Jabberwock, that his pa told him to stay away from and don't cut through High Road to go buy sweets in Abbey Road or it would et him. He didn't recognize the second dragon.

As little feverish Merle watched from his sickbed, the fight raged to and fro, the white dragon spraying flame across a wide area, then Jabby ducking out of the way and circling behind White and raking his flanks with sharp, burning claws.

After a long time, the two dragons were in sorry shape and didn't seem to have much fight left in them. Each had numerous scorch marks and threadbare spots on their scaly hides, eyes bleared and red with smoke, they lay steaming on the blasted gravel, thumping their tails.

Finally the white dragon got up and launched himself at Jabby, and Jabby ducked. White's attack flew wide of the mark and came crashing through the wattle-and-daub walls of Merle's hovel instead. The boy rolled away, but the great dragon's tail still came down across his back, knocking the wind out of him. Ticking sprayed into the air as the pallet popped like a grape.

"Wot's gooin orn in there!?" yelled his pa from the hearth. Seconds later, a great beefy man-at-arms wielding a table leg with a nail in it pushed through the door flap.

"Git lost, ya nearsighted pasty lump of dough!" Thock! Thock! Thock! He battered the white dragon upside the head and gave it a final swat on the tailbone as it stumbled out of the crushed cottage.

"Aight son, looks like he got ya good, ye'll have ta carry ya hatchet corrie-fisted frae now orn. Let Auntie Fianna have a look atcha, maybe she can fix it."

Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
Awesome story! I Loved it! Amazingly creative!

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Survivor
May 18, 2013
maybe he's a old troubled wizard. merle ambrose: " yes indeed "

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
He is old, time wears you out you know?
Ryan SoulShard magus , second , third

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Proffessor Dragonstone has many theories.....

1 - He is....not young
2 - He broke it during battle
3 - He's lazy
4 - He is tall! Like seriously.......It's now probably his natural position from looking down at us...either he is really tall or we are really short XD

Proffessor Dragonstone......:P

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
what else do you think would happen to you if you stood in the exact same spot starring at the exact same place for years and years lol.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
It is because he has always had bad posture and never listened when his mother told him to sit up straight. There you go kids: Always listen to your elders! Oh what am I saying, I am still just a kid, too. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 10

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
It is because he has always had bad posture and never listened when his mother told him to sit up straight. There you go kids: Always listen to your elders! Oh what am I saying, I am still just a kid, too. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 10 Thank you for your time.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Maybe he bent down to pet a heckhound and got stuck.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 49