Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Spells In Battle? GENIUS!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Veracity8 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I should have added more detail, just to make it clear. At level 80 or before, I never ran out of mana once, that I can remember. Please go from Level 80 to 90, Solo, and come back and tell me that it's still true.
This is when I started to run out of many on some of my players, at around level 88 or so, in one of the harder battles.
My level 90 balance wizard solos pretty much everything, and she has never run out of mana during a battle. The only time she has even come close to running out of mana from a single battle was when soloing Luska Charmbeak (fizzles use mana, even though no pips are spent).

But for people who do feel the need to replenish mana in the middle of battle, making it a new spell is unnecessary. Just allow us to drink from our potion bottles during battle.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I don't run out of mana often. In fact, it has never happened to me since I was in Krokotopia. I can understand why lower level wizards could get worried about this, but I don't really think that it would be helpful as a higher level. Maybe they should make it, just in case. I mean, I am a level 84 and to be honest, I don't use volcanic shield anymore. I know I used it a lot and thought it was one of the best spells ever when I was lower level, but I just don't use it anymore. Maybe just make it for the lower levels out there

Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 84,

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
well that wouldent really work because to cast spells you need mana and so all the mana spells would have to be 0 pips

Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
I think its a good idea. But you wouldn't always run out unless your hardcore person for health. And you could just collect wisps.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
ice dude on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
I really like the idea of mana x healing x spell because in winterbane hall i lose mana when i flee and it can be very annoying have no mana

Issac Ice, Magus Thaumaturge Lvl 33
When you flee you are supposed to lose all your mana. It is not annoying it is the game. Why don't you go collect some instead of casting a spell in battle to get it back.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
prairiefalcon on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
My level 90 balance wizard solos pretty much everything, and she has never run out of mana during a battle. The only time she has even come close to running out of mana from a single battle was when soloing Luska Charmbeak (fizzles use mana, even though no pips are spent).

But for people who do feel the need to replenish mana in the middle of battle, making it a new spell is unnecessary. Just allow us to drink from our potion bottles during battle.
Prairiefalcon,

I guess we just have different gear, and my mana is on the low side, so I get really low.
I could increase my Mana with different gear, but I like the setup that I have for my wizards.

On your suggestion on the potion bottles, I have to agree, I really like your idea.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
I've never run out of mana once before, but it's a cool idea I suppose.
and cgsbr makes a good point - if you're out of mana you have to cast a 0-pip spell for more mana and I just don't think that's how the game goes.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Well today was the first time I ever ran out of mana, and it was on my weakest wizard. I really don't think it's a problem. Good idea, though. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 13 Thank you for your time.