Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Spells In Battle? GENIUS!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
For any other wizards out there reading this, how many times has this happened to you? You are in the middle of a boss fight or in a dungeon. You are about to deliver the finishing blow, and BOOM! You just now realize you ran out of mana, which means you can't cast any spells. And then the boss defeats you. And you have to do it all over again. Well that is where my new idea steps in! KI, it is obvious you need spells to restore your health in battle. But what about the most important thing? My idea is for a new spell (usable by all schools, so it's fair) that you can use to restore your mana in battle. I think it really would be a great part of the game and save a lot of wizards a hassle. Thanks for viewing!

Duncan WindLeaf, Adept Diviner, Level 24

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Duncan WindLeaf on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
For any other wizards out there reading this, how many times has this happened to you? You are in the middle of a boss fight or in a dungeon. You are about to deliver the finishing blow, and BOOM! You just now realize you ran out of mana, which means you can't cast any spells. And then the boss defeats you. And you have to do it all over again. Well that is where my new idea steps in! KI, it is obvious you need spells to restore your health in battle. But what about the most important thing? My idea is for a new spell (usable by all schools, so it's fair) that you can use to restore your mana in battle. I think it really would be a great part of the game and save a lot of wizards a hassle. Thanks for viewing!

This hasn't happened to me since my first wizard, almost three years ago, on my first few battles. seriously. There is no need to change a thing.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I disagree with this. I think Mana management is important to the game. It isn't hard to plan ahead. I never let me mana get below either 1) 50 or 2) too low to mark a location (depending on what I'm doing at the time). Nobody should EVER run out of mana. I just can't see a single instance that a moment or two of forethought can't fix. If you're in an area where you can get pulled into a battle quickly, make sure you have potions. If you ran out of those, port to the spiral door and there's tons of wisps there. I always mark my location BEFORE battling/dungeoning (not before every battle, but before I battle) so I know I'm covered. Besides, if they haven't split energy into 2 separate categories and state that "time vs money", something tells me the same thing will happen here.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
For me, I never run out of mana. If you are running out constantly, then I might suggest a mana ring in the bazaar. But the spell is pretty sweet .

Survivor
May 30, 2013

I really like the idea of mana x healing x spell because in winterbane hall i lose mana when i flee and it can be very annoying have no mana

Issac Ice, Magus Thaumaturge Lvl 33

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Sorry but I disagree I have never run out of mana since I was lvl 1 and right now I am a lvl 69 and I solo mostly and still I don't so sorry but no.

Lvl. 69 Hero of Zafaria Fred Battlehunter

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
When you get 25+, this is not a problem. My 66 balance has 515 mana. The only time she is low is when she flees.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Yes I completely understand what you guys are saying, but look at it this way: If you are a low level, like one of the other commentors i saw, this really could come in handy, featuring you do not get a lot of mana. Another example is if you are in a long, hard dungeon and you are defeated and flee, you have no mana left. Like Winterbane for example, When you start moving underground, the enemies get harder and harder. If you are defeated and flee, there are no mana orbs at the top. There are only the red ones, which only recover health. Then, when you head back down, you cannot use regular spells. You would be stuck with spells your wand gives you, which overall, does not match up to the damage you need to defeat the boss before bieng defeated again. Again, I completely understand your side of the argument. I am just saying they would come handy in dungeons and at low levels. And you should probably know that this is only my second topic on the message boards ( I am not even sure KI accepted my other one yet) and i am not very good at coming up with topics for the game.

Thanks for understanding, Duncan WindLeaf, Adept Diviner, Level 32

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
we were all new players at one time, and speaking for myself, I have never ever run out of mana. I always accounted for it. If I was doing a dungeon, especially anything solo, I'd make sure all potions were refilled and I was at max before I went there. if I got totally drained, I'd mark the location, port to the spiral door/commons, reload and come back

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i have never run out of mana in this game in a battle. not even lvl 1. i choose rings and cloths with both health and mana. i wont take cloths without it. its all about the right choice of clothing (unless you flee witch is the only time i have run out but that doesn't happen to me allot) so sometimes i have to sacrifice some stuff to get more mana.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

" its a dog eat dog world, and im wearing milk bone underwear" i give total respect to anyone who can tell me where its from (i know) hint: its from a old show NO CHEATING

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
No, I rarely run out of mana, and if new players do, simply buy a mana ring and refill mana by catching wisps before doing a battle.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I disagree with everyone here that disagreed with Duncan, and I can tell that few try to solo the game.
I like to run my Death Solo, plus my Ice and often my Balance sometimes. I run from one battle to
the next, and don't wait for help, from anyone. If someone shows up, that's fine, but I like Solo if I can.

Please,,, to those that say this is not needed, go back and run some of the harder battles Solo.
Not with three other players, and then come back to this message and tell me that Duncan is wrong.

More than once I have run out of Mana, and had to call in help or pay for help,... which I really hate to do.

Running solo is so much fun, yeah I don't make it the first time, or maybe the second, but it's a
challenge that few are up to. For me, it adds a level that you can't get with a group that makes it
just too easy to win.

So, anyway, Duncan has it right, for us that run Solo, we need this option, or something like it.
Thanks, Duncan, great idea.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Veracity8 on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
I disagree with everyone here that disagreed with Duncan, and I can tell that few try to solo the game.
I like to run my Death Solo, plus my Ice and often my Balance sometimes. I run from one battle to
the next, and don't wait for help, from anyone. If someone shows up, that's fine, but I like Solo if I can.

Please,,, to those that say this is not needed, go back and run some of the harder battles Solo.
Not with three other players, and then come back to this message and tell me that Duncan is wrong.

More than once I have run out of Mana, and had to call in help or pay for help,... which I really hate to do.

Running solo is so much fun, yeah I don't make it the first time, or maybe the second, but it's a
challenge that few are up to. For me, it adds a level that you can't get with a group that makes it
just too easy to win.

So, anyway, Duncan has it right, for us that run Solo, we need this option, or something like it.
Thanks, Duncan, great idea.
I solo whenever I can and have never ran out of mana. I solo'd 90% of the game (prior to Avalon) on my fire and 95% of the game (at the end of Zafaria now) on my death and I can tell you that I never ran out of mana. The only way you run out of mana is if you're not paying attention. I've ran into battles with low mana before, and as soon as the battle was over, I made sure to refill. I have NEVER ran out of mana during a fight. I can't see any way to run out of mana unless you're not paying attention to your stats.

BTW, those percents are a guess because I have played most of the game to the levels stated on my own.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
Ok, note how as lower levels, your spells require MUCH less than us higher levels, especially when we are saving up to deal a major damage attack. Plus, you have those potions that refill health AND mana back to full.
It is a clever idea, but still, its useless. If you are still running out, then thats bad. Get more mana boosting rings and athames, and they usualy give extra boosts as well, like heal boost, damage boost, ect.

Yours Truly, Tyler NightHunter, Level 77, Death

Defender
Jun 17, 2012

it sounds like a good Idea. there could be kind of like a sacrifice spell, take 250 damage to give 50 mana.
Justin fire thief level 80

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
are you serious why even make mana if you can restore it in battle

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
You guys really don't pay attention to my other posts, do you? Earlier on this page I mentioned that I had just started posting on the message boards and I don't have very many ideas for the game. I am also not very good at posting messages, so take it east on me, huh??? I am just an equal wizard to all of you, and i deserve the respect you get. so take it easy and keep the post under control and keep the calm, OK? Seriously guys.

Holes in the heart, Duncan Windleaf, Level 33 Magus Diviner

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
I got an idea! Instead of having them in battle you could have it like gardening spells and cast it out of battles!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Duncan WindLeaf on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Yes I completely understand what you guys are saying, but look at it this way: If you are a low level, like one of the other commentors i saw, this really could come in handy, featuring you do not get a lot of mana. Another example is if you are in a long, hard dungeon and you are defeated and flee, you have no mana left. Like Winterbane for example, When you start moving underground, the enemies get harder and harder. If you are defeated and flee, there are no mana orbs at the top. There are only the red ones, which only recover health. Then, when you head back down, you cannot use regular spells. You would be stuck with spells your wand gives you, which overall, does not match up to the damage you need to defeat the boss before bieng defeated again. Again, I completely understand your side of the argument. I am just saying they would come handy in dungeons and at low levels. And you should probably know that this is only my second topic on the message boards ( I am not even sure KI accepted my other one yet) and i am not very good at coming up with topics for the game.

Thanks for understanding, Duncan WindLeaf, Adept Diviner, Level 32
No, your not bad at coming up with topics, no one is!
After all, ideas all come from imagination, and imagination is king!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
dayerider on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
I solo whenever I can and have never ran out of mana. I solo'd 90% of the game (prior to Avalon) on my fire and 95% of the game (at the end of Zafaria now) on my death and I can tell you that I never ran out of mana. The only way you run out of mana is if you're not paying attention. I've ran into battles with low mana before, and as soon as the battle was over, I made sure to refill. I have NEVER ran out of mana during a fight. I can't see any way to run out of mana unless you're not paying attention to your stats.

BTW, those percents are a guess because I have played most of the game to the levels stated on my own.
Ok, I should have added more detail, just to make it clear. At level 80 or before, I never ran out of mana once, that I can remember. Please go from Level 80 to 90, Solo, and come back and tell me that it's still true.
This is when I started to run out of many on some of my players, at around level 88 or so, in one of the harder battles.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Veracity8 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I should have added more detail, just to make it clear. At level 80 or before, I never ran out of mana once, that I can remember. Please go from Level 80 to 90, Solo, and come back and tell me that it's still true.
This is when I started to run out of many on some of my players, at around level 88 or so, in one of the harder battles.
I'm currently in Avalon, and have yet to run out, but I will certainly see if that happens in the future. I just don't see how somebody can run out when there's options. That's why I suggested the Mark location, port to spiral door, gather mana, port back, continue game idea. Another thing is, spell choice. Are you using only the top end spells? middle grade? Are you 0-pip buffing? Also, wizard type has a lot to do with it. We know death has an advantage cause they can hit and heal, but the same held true with my pyromancer; I never ran out while in a fight.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
It sounds nice, but it's actually quite hard to run out of it. I'm a level 25 and I have over 200 mana, and when it gets to low I refill it, which always magically ends up being after a battle. Maybe when spells need to use a lot of mana, like 17 or something ( that pip number/mana number will be achieved eventually!)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
yea its very hard to run out of mana when you have 560+ but it still is a good idea

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
ok tell me why mana should even be a stat if you get a spell that restores it