Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage vs. Resistance

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Which do you think is more essential in PvP?

I am torn between equipping my Jade armor, or some other gear that totals up to over 50 damage.

- Savannah LifeHunter, lvl 74

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
SonUvaDigger on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:

I am torn between equipping my Jade armor, or some other gear that totals up to over 50 damage.

It depends on the wizard, do you play more defensive or offencive, if you play offencive, then you should go for the resistance gear so that while you are attacking wizards, you don't get killed

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
Resistance seems more important in pvp. Although if you can have both, that's the better option.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 90(finally) Balance~ over and out

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
SonUvaDigger on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:

Resistance, but in your case, I would say combination between jade gear and crafted/waterworks gear. I recommend the robe is jade, hat is crafted in avalon, boots is either and resist pet.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I, personally, would recommend a mix of gear. Avalon crafted boots (The one with 86 block and damage boost), Jade robe, and really damage focussed hat. I do not wear all jade gear for a reason. People wll just insult you and yell at you if you wear all jade gear.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
The NightSpear on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
It depends on the wizard, do you play more defensive or offencive, if you play offencive, then you should go for the resistance gear so that while you are attacking wizards, you don't get killed
I play most defensive I think if you want to play me meet me in the PVP arena on Monday I will be going against a lot of people and I am going to be the champion. Do you think you are ready to face me. Reply if yes Ignore if no!