Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is WW still best gear 30 levels later?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I am in AZ and I have been searching for good gear. I looked all over central and on these boards but found NO set better than WW. WW gear is for level 60, yet it is still best 30 levels later!

I currently have the WW hat, wyrd walker robe, and sultans shoes. I think I am going to go back to using WW gear because I can't find any better gear.

It seems like WW is still best but yet I have seen amazing better stats with great damage AND resisit AND Critical block/hit!
Is WW really still the best or is there another set of some kind that gives those amazing dream stats I have seen with around 80 damage and 40 universal resist.

Thanks for reading, plz reply if you know anything

Angela Dragonstone level 86

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Hi there!

Personally I left my WW gear behind once I got to lvl 70. My solution? Crafted gear! You do have to have gold saved up so maybe plan a farming party with with your friends so you have plenty of gold.

I'm an Ice wizard (lvl 82) and my hat and outfit are crafted (but not my boots those are still WW).

The WW outfit stats for an ice wizard is +520 max health, +3% accuracy, +18 critical block rating, +12% universal resist, +27 ice critical rating, +14% ice damage, and +5% incoming health.

My current outfit is the Woodland Tribal Coat that I crafted (I got the recipe from Lewelyn who is in Avalon in Dun Dara). The stats for that outfit are +620 max health, +3% ice accuracy, +37 critical block rating, +13% universal resist, +49 ice critical ice rating, +11% ice damage, PLUS +13% fire resist, and +13% storm resist.

So as you can see there is some give and take with getting new gear. I lost incoming health but gained fire and storm resist. I lost 3% ice damage but gained higher stats in everything else. Similar things happened with my hat. It's give and take and usually I can make up for something like a low critical rating on my outfit for a higher critical rating on my wand.

Other hi stat gear that you might have seen might have been crowns gear as well.

It's all up to you.

I hoped that helped! -Vanessa

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wizardrokz on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
I am in AZ and I have been searching for good gear. I looked all over central and on these boards but found NO set better than WW. WW gear is for level 60, yet it is still best 30 levels later!

I currently have the WW hat, wyrd walker robe, and sultans shoes. I think I am going to go back to using WW gear because I can't find any better gear.

It seems like WW is still best but yet I have seen amazing better stats with great damage AND resisit AND Critical block/hit!
Is WW really still the best or is there another set of some kind that gives those amazing dream stats I have seen with around 80 damage and 40 universal resist.

Thanks for reading, plz reply if you know anything

Angela Dragonstone level 86
Rumor has it, you have to use crowns to get those stats. I know, I know, it used to be time vs money - well money is in the lead now.

If you want your wizard to be the best it can be you have to pay for it now, there is no more play for it going to happen.

Those of us who are not paying for our gear maybe left with a mix match of WW and Wintertusk/Avalon crafted gear for ever .

Mary Gem lvl 90

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
have you tried going to dun dura ( If you are a crafter ) in avalon
There is a guy there with same defense for all schools yet better crit. bloc, damage ,Crit., and health
Give it a try

JeremyDarksmith 88 pyromancer

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Truthfully, there are gears better than Waterworks gear! Have you tried looking at Azteca crafting gear? Its extremely time consuming and stressful to craft but my critical block and critical have gone off the charts due to Azteca (and a little Avalon crafting).

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
For some schools, crit blocking is not as important because of their very high base health and good resist from waterworks gear. They can probably continue using it through to Twin Giants.

For other schools *coughstormcough* the risk of any unblocked critical efreet or levy is unacceptable because your base health is low. You have to craft various things to give you the various school-specific critical blocks and healing boosts you need to survive. This comes at an obvious and steep cost in damage output, global resist, and pip chance. That said, surviving your first turn going second against street minions that start with 5 power pips is pretty important.

Up to you, but I would at least look at Shane's and Llewelyn's recipes to decide what options you have. Of note the crafted gear gives you a sizable boost to your own critical rating which will help you against the bloated 4500+ health minions in most areas of AZ.

I think the Longcoat of the Wold is a pretty good improvement, you get a +60 crit boost and 4% accuracy boost as well as some school-specific crit block. You lose pip chance and some base damage. Since most of us will be doing base damage attacks without crit, this may be an unacceptable loss of power output.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
If you craft, I suggest getting the robe and boots with damage to your school, with high block like 80-90. For hat, keep it WaterWorks unless you find a better one..
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Waterworks Gear is great for people from levels 60-to mid 70s in level.
Why?
Waterworks gear is better than bazaar gear and is much easier to get than crown gear.
I like it because it gives damage, resistance, and incoming, plus decent health.
It's an 'all around' type of thing, and doesn't just focus on one skill (just critical, just health, gear)
Waterworks gear is so good, that it wouldn't be a waste of crowns if you stitched it.
In your mid 70s of level, you will probably find in Avalon that you can meet people who will give you crafting recipes. They cost a lot of gold and time, so what if you're not willing to do it?
Crowns Gear
What?! You are probably thinking that you now have to spend money to get good armor. No, you can always craft, but if you have the money and are willing to spend, go for it! (The armor isn't a waste because max level gear won't 'expire' so quickly, until the next update, which doesn't happen instantly) Don't get your hopes too down if you don't want to spend money! Giveaways are hosted on websites and YouTube that people have already purchased and usually hold a contest. They're fun and if you keep trying you can win crowns and other cool things to help out. When you are level max, go try out some packs that support armor for the max level.
Packs I recommend for anyone for armor!

Keeper's Lore- Get amazing resist armor, jade armor from this pack to easily get over 50 or even 60, (or even 70!!) resist with a pet and other accessories included!

Hoard of the Hydra- Mandolin of the Evermore- Get an amazing card with it, guardian sprite, costs 5 pips and revives you when you die!

That is what I recommend from packs, but if you get no luck choose crafting or buy armor directly from the crown shop!

Cheers and happy spell casting!
^_^ ~Jenna the ice wizard

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hey Angela~ since you are a balance wizard like Yours Truly, I will put my gear and stats here for you:

waterworks hat/cape
waterworks boots OR greenwarden's energetic boots (from some hoard pack i bought once)
athame: golden razor beak (azteca crafted)
amulet: great wild wood pendant (avalon boss drop)
wand: winter palance spikeleaf sword (level 90+, from some hoard pack, lol)
ring: nameless ring (avalon boss drop)
deck: calendar of the spiral king (level 83+, azteca drop)
pet: 3rd-gen therizinosaurus (hatched) with add balance, sharp shot, fairy friend, spritely, and spell proof;

stats (with full ww set):

health: 4376
mana: 351

damage: +74%
resist: +37% universal
accuracy: +6%

critical: 133pts
block: 157 pts
power pips: 87%
inc. healing: +37%

i'm still looking for my level 86 ring from belloq, but can't get it for the life of me; i'm also not far enough ahead in the storyline to craft the azteca gear (i have my trans crafter badge, but can't get to the vendors as they are in areas i haven't unlocked yet).

i didn't bother with avalon crafted gear for my balance wizard~ we are required to craft 2 sets of gear, both of which are inferior to waterworks; avalon crafted gear only benefits ice, though the boots are good for storm (and only because they're part-ice gear).

-von
laura "trade you my soul for crafting immunity" shadowsong

90 and

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Some good gear is The Diengo The Duel Masters set or something like that

The Jade Gear

and obviously The Waterworks gear :P

and I think it's better 30 levels later because it has really good stats

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
I think it is annoying that the Wizard City Bazar stops offering good armor at about level 60. As my lower levels I didn't want to do crafting because it looked like to much work. And I haven't unlocked WW yet, or at least I think. Plus I don't have money to throw at a game that is not needed to play. (such as membership, it is needed to play unless you are rich with crowns.) SOOO that leaves me with crafting. I had to start from Wizard City with the crafting Quests and it was annoying going through the worlds doing the quests. But in the end it left me with gear that I usually wouldn't have because it is SO overpowered. Well sorry for my long story that you probably wouldn't care about.

My point is that crafting gear is your best bet!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I am a level 72 ice and I have gear that is better then waterworks but I use the waterworks gear cause its cuter :3