Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon Confusion

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Two different things have happened with "full" dungeons. The first time, three of my friends and a random person were in a dungeon on their way up to Malistaire. The random person left so they told me I could port in then, but when I tried it said the dungeon had four people in it, so I missed out on battling Malistare.

The second time, I was in a dungeon with one other person. I asked one of my friends to help us, but it said the dungeon was full when it was really only half full.

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
I know, its very confusing. But sometimes it will allow you in, sometimes it won't.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Destiny Windgem on May 26, 2013 wrote:
Two different things have happened with "full" dungeons. The first time, three of my friends and a random person were in a dungeon on their way up to Malistaire. The random person left so they told me I could port in then, but when I tried it said the dungeon had four people in it, so I missed out on battling Malistare.

The second time, I was in a dungeon with one other person. I asked one of my friends to help us, but it said the dungeon was full when it was really only half full.

For the first one - unless the person who left signed off the spot they had taken in the dungeon is held for them so it would report it as full dungeon. This is so if they became low on resources they could leave and return with out having their spot taken by someone else.

Second one - some instances do not allow any one to port in - they must have the quest and enter on the pad outside it. This will usually report you as busy rather then saying dungeon full to the person trying to port in.

In the end there are quite a few rules to keep track of as your progress though the spiral, instances have different rules they follow. DragonSprye is mainly where this all starts.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Destiny Windgem on May 26, 2013 wrote:

Some dungeons do not allow random porting; The Final Countdown is one. Anyone going in at the beginning can mark their spot, port out and port back in. Anyone not starting that dungeon with you cannot port in.

I am assuming the other one is the same.

the message you receive is misleading, but it means the same thing: you are not allowed to port into that dungeon.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
RavenLady777 on May 26, 2013 wrote:
Some dungeons do not allow random porting; The Final Countdown is one. Anyone going in at the beginning can mark their spot, port out and port back in. Anyone not starting that dungeon with you cannot port in.

I am assuming the other one is the same.

the message you receive is misleading, but it means the same thing: you are not allowed to port into that dungeon.
Oh ok and bye the way the final countdown is not a dungeon it is a quest. The dungeon it is in is called the great spyre/the crown of fire. (I helped someone with it today.) It let me port into the great spyre another time...

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Northlite on May 26, 2013 wrote:
For the first one - unless the person who left signed off the spot they had taken in the dungeon is held for them so it would report it as full dungeon. This is so if they became low on resources they could leave and return with out having their spot taken by someone else.

Second one - some instances do not allow any one to port in - they must have the quest and enter on the pad outside it. This will usually report you as busy rather then saying dungeon full to the person trying to port in.

In the end there are quite a few rules to keep track of as your progress though the spiral, instances have different rules they follow. DragonSprye is mainly where this all starts.
Oh, ok. I am now stuck on a dungeon that friends can't port into and it's hard to find help.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Destiny Windgem on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Oh, ok. I am now stuck on a dungeon that friends can't port into and it's hard to find help.

I can relate to this one young wizard. The best I can recommend is, stand at the door and wait for help, try switching realms to see if anyone comes a long. Quests that you have to have to enter are the toughest but take heart there are only a few of them though out the game. I consider them bottlenecks in the game.

My final advice and not as much fun - learn how to equip and play your very powerful school and solo it like I had to. Some of us only have a certain amount of time to play and spending it sitting at a door is not fun.

Mary StormGem