Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Ben question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Big Ben question If Big Ben is a dungeon, is it like other dungeons where if you are killed and you go back in, in less than 30 minutes, you do not loose your progress. Does this apply to Big Ben also I have played it 5 times now and only reached the fourth or fifth floor and knowing that there is more than 10 floors I have not gone back in because I did not see the sign that stated dungeon and less than 30 minutes to let me know I can do this. Please give me some advice on this so I can know if this is a dungeon and if I get killed do I have 30 minutes to get back in and not lose my progress. Thanks Phyllis

When you see the 5/6/7 circles that light up for dungeons, you usually have a sign that lets you know. If it lights up and does not have a sign is it still a dungeon and does the same rules apply. Thanks. Phyllis this will help me to know in the future.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4phyllis64 on May 18, 2013 wrote:
Big Ben question If Big Ben is a dungeon, is it like other dungeons where if you are killed and you go back in, in less than 30 minutes, you do not loose your progress. Does this apply to Big Ben also I have played it 5 times now and only reached the fourth or fifth floor and knowing that there is more than 10 floors I have not gone back in because I did not see the sign that stated dungeon and less than 30 minutes to let me know I can do this. Please give me some advice on this so I can know if this is a dungeon and if I get killed do I have 30 minutes to get back in and not lose my progress. Thanks Phyllis

When you see the 5/6/7 circles that light up for dungeons, you usually have a sign that lets you know. If it lights up and does not have a sign is it still a dungeon and does the same rules apply. Thanks. Phyllis this will help me to know in the future.
Yes it's the same.
And here's a tip - MARK your place. Port out, refill your life/mana, and either walk or port back in. Big Ben is easily soloed, but takes planning. Good luck!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
4phyllis64 on May 18, 2013 wrote:

Big Ben is a dungeon, just like other dungeons. If you are defeated and you go back in less than 30 minutes, you do not lose your progress.

On this website (Wizard101.com), there is a section that explains this in detail:

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/questing2

Make sure that you do not log off, or go to another dungeon/quest, or go to you Home/Dorm. You can only "heal" and then return directly to the dungeon.

There is a lot of other info in The Players Guide too.

I'm not sure where you saw 5/6/7 circles for a dungeon? All dungeons have 4 sigils (circles) at the entrance. If you do not see the warning/explanation about the length of time for the dungeon and the warning about leaving the dungeon, then you might have accidentally turned off that feature.

You can turn that feature back on. When you are in the game, press "escape" to bring up your options.

Then, click on the "second joystick" icon at the top of the screen (it is the fifth icon at the top).
Check your setting for "Dungeon Warnings" to show "Yes", then click "OK" at the bottom of the screen.

You should now see the dungeon warnings again when you play.

Hope this helped you.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Thank you to Ravenlady77 and Aluramist2. Your help was most appreciated. You answered all my questions.