Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does your wizard mature with level?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Nerd2HD4 on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
I know what you guys mean, My friends don't joke around when fighting monsters. No one ever jokes around, At least nobody i have met so far. It's just sad when i talk to myself with 3 people helping me I hope that doesn't change me.

--Carlos [Lvl 24]

--Originally Level 87
Quest with me, and you'll get jokes on almost every spell cast by the team. I'm constantly testing different ones to see which ones will get positive reactions. Toughest one to make a joke for is Helephant, least for me that is.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
Yep. My character, Jasmine (I call her Jazzy. Don't tell her! xD) first started Ravenwood she was scared and skittish of everything. Now, as a level 68 Conjurer, she is a kick-butt, Zafaria boss defeating, and always helpful!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Ah, let's see My Favorite, Alura Battleheart went from an annoying little kid to crazy young woman Srsly, when I didn't have membership, I annoyed this one dude who was my friend with membership. Whenever I was on, I wouldn't let him go anywhere I couldn't port to him into XD

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
For me, my only wizard, Bailey, has really un matured, I guess. She doesn't care what people think of her anymore because, well, she's the saviour of the spiral. When I first started her she didn't talk to anybody, didn't have any friends, and was scared of the monsters. Now she has free chat, has tons of friends, and taunts the monsters. But it's not only her that changed. I have changed too over the 5 years I've been playing, and not only in looks. Before I was shy, insecure , and just like bailey, I didn't talk to anybody on the game. Now I'm outgoing, silly and goofy, and I talk to everybody I see. So, yea I guess my wizard changed with level, but she didn't mature.
Bailey Skullvault
Grandmaster

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
My wizard has matured! (I Think ) I did mess around after my pvp battles and what ever, now after pvp battle and every level I take things more seriously Idk why though..

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I think mine did.
Cant remember how, but I did just run around in the commons, but now I don't.
Actually, I do, but not much. It is fun.
I used to take things much easily, cause it was much easier. But now I am quite serious, and talk about strategic plans, instead of just goofing of and improvising.
When I started, I was young, and I did all the quests, not knowing which one was my main.
But later on, I figured it out, and had plans in battle.

Cole Dunerunner

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
AZ made me especially cranky because my quest mates all went through Xibalba about two weeks ago.

One guy I've known since Krok, another since MS.

We joked incessantly about "purple is the new green" (when you're the only storm on the team and you end up doing most of the healing because the life is incompetent) and "Sean's great moments in divination" (bolting himself in dramatic new ways).

Last night, Polymorph Alex and Green Alex (two other buddies on my list) finished the game after making new wizards only ten days ago. I ran into them in the Wyrd and thought it odd both were wearing pre-Waterworks CL drop gear. "We don't have time to do WW, we're leveling these to 90 for pvp before our friend gets back from vacation" And they did just that. They roared through AV - I quested with them through the end - and blasted through AZ in a handful of all-nighters. And managed to craft Deer Knight along the way.

But now I'm alone again and it is awful. Everybody is cranky and doesn't want to help, because these battles are exhausting. When the stakes are highest, everyone is snippy with each other and it takes a lot longer to gather a group.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Dr Von on May 15, 2013 wrote:
Au contraire~ if anything, my wizards become much less uptight as they level.

Shadowsong (90 balance) used to be a good little wizard; now, her favourite pastime is tormenting Malistaire before she and her other gearless promethean friends thrash him. No one takes her seriously anymore (not even her owner).

Valerian (90 death) has evolved into my least-manly wizard; in fact, Shadowsong is more manly than him, and she's a girl.

Sestiva (77 storm) is all business, except for her love-hate relationship with a certain Valkoor Shadowblade. They make a good team, but there's lots of... er, tension... in the dueling ring when they argue over who misses who more.

Angela (22 fire) is the noob of Von's main-account family and is the most-serious wizard; maybe it's because she spent so much time in that toxic-sludge-pit that is the arena and got used to being called names at her young age, but she's still coming into her own.

-

I guess I've reached a point where I (and my wizards) don't really care about what people think of us... and I'm certainly not above swimming backwards around the Commons.

-von
(out of ice cream, time to die!)
I don't even have a max level but a level 84 ice and I goof around sooooooo much on it

John AshForge

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
My Wizards don't seem to change/ mature with level. They've always been the way they are since they got Text Chat in 2012. They never ask for help unless they truly need it. (like in Malistaire's Lair.......... P.S. one of them is still there, despite being overleveled.) :P
Being called "Noob" doesn't really phase me. (I'm refered to a noob quite a lot.) I've been playing since the summer of 2011. (I think. Idk, though.) As young as my Wizards are, they've been through quite a lot. (not just through worlds, but through cyber-"bullying" as well.

I've never taken the time off to make jokes/ rude comments in the commons, as i'm always either.
1. Chatting with/ helping friends.
2. Doing side quests.
3. Farming.
4. Waiting for certain friends to come on.
5. Trying to get past the glitch on my lower level wizard on main quest.
6. Asking for help to complete malistaires dungeon.
7. Decorating their houses.
8. Being "Loners."
9. Trying to stop fights that just seem to spawn when My Aaron FireEyes Wizard is around. O. o

- Aaron FireEyes Grandmaster
Dustin StormBlood Adept

Aaron FireEyes- "Think of the future, and leave the past."
Dustin StormBlood- "You can't change the past, but you can craft the future."

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009

Shadowsong (90 balance) used to be a good little wizard; now, her favourite pastime is tormenting Malistaire before she and her other gearless promethean friends thrash him. No one takes her seriously anymore (not even her owner).

Valerian (90 death) has evolved into my least-manly wizard; in fact, Shadowsong is more manly than him, and she's a girl.

Sestiva (77 storm) is all business, except for her love-hate relationship with a certain Valkoor Shadowblade. They make a good team, but there's lots of... er, tension... in the dueling ring when they argue over who misses who more.

Angela (22 fire) is the noob of Von's main-account family and is the most-serious wizard; maybe it's because she spent so much time in that toxic-sludge-pit that is the arena and got used to being called names at her young age, but she's still coming into her own.

-

I guess I've reached a point where I (and my wizards) don't really care about what people think of us... and I'm certainly not above swimming backwards around the Commons.

-von
I agree, I am serious at the beginning and get relaxed and silly near the end.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
It's just called getting into character :P I always act crazy and silly no matter what level i'm at, but I Can be serious when the time comes :P You probably just got into character was all XD

My wizard (Dakota Windrider if your curious) is just a lvl 28 diviner though :P He still has room to grow. Which means he can't stop calling his kraken "Fish Lips" yet :D!

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Joshua Starflame on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Quest with me, and you'll get jokes on almost every spell cast by the team. I'm constantly testing different ones to see which ones will get positive reactions. Toughest one to make a joke for is Helephant, least for me that is.
Here's an easy one for facing bellog (when using helephant):
"Hey Belloq, your mom is here and she is very upset with you"
I love that joke so much sometimes after PvP I use those exact words on lost souls (No maturity here folks). And sometimes in PvP I walk in to battle without my pet and my hat (My hair just loves to watch PvP) so that could explain my ranking. And everytime I get knocked out it's by a critical. So say hello to the most immature wizard.
A wizard out there.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Taking my Storm wizard for example, I don't know if she's matured too much in her 32 levels of existence. She used to be kind of serious and stayed out of people's way, but now she has changed - as of this minute she has dressed herself up in all her Pigswick Academy clothes and is running around Savarstaad Pass on a hydra.
But then take my Fire lass, at level 72 - she isn't as rowdy and generally goes about her business in a calm and collected manner. Even if it involves something like 50 battles with elephants in succession.
My little Ice girl is level 26 and a bit of a grump. I don't go on her very much - maybe this is the cause of the grumpiness. But she tends to get frustrated very easily and gives up on quests to muck around in the Pet Pavilion.

Sierra,
Diana,
Cassandra,

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013

-

-von
Wizards getting deep...

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
I find it interesting that through the Dialogue also for quests and things, it sounds (at least to me) like Mason's starting to develop a bit of an attitude.

Mason Shadowwraith

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Destiny Windgem on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Me to, except I got text chat after Triton Avenue, and the other day I was finishing up Wysteria and I was making fun of the hobgoblins' looks. Unfortunatley I feel they went harder on me than the other person in battle, so they got their revenge lol! And I did have my full 1500 health at the start.

Destiny Windgem, level 41
I first got text chat when I was working on Grizzleheim. I thought it helped a lot during battles when people used text chat, terribly however, since that I've actually had to report people way more than before. Lol i agree never trash talk to enemies, i also feel like they go harder... so usually during battles i have to compliment enemies and say please stop when i'm about to die, that's when they take it down a notch.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I have noticed that in my wizard to, my wizard * Moira DarkHeart level 58 * has matured a bit, when i was level 45 i goofed around a lot, i have seen that go away a bit, but i can see because the owner * me! * has also matured in the game and for questing and getting things done.

xD

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I am always making new wizards, so I never really have time to mature on one wizard, but I have noticed changes. When I first started on Emmaline Jadeblossom, apprentice thaumaturge, I only had menu chat and I liked hanging around Ravenwood, changing my outfit, and looking at people's adorable pets. Then I got text chat and gradually got more sociable, making more friends and helping them out. I don't really know when I started, but now I mainly play my newest wizard Haley, and I solo EVERYTHING. I always have off my teleports and I am always hidden to friends. I hang out in abandoned realms, and just quest, quest, quest. That is the way I like it. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 43 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Ever since I really read this post, I've been eying changes in my wizard since I started.

1) My wizard has had a really, really good friend since level 13. I barely talk to them anymore, and we've been going our own ways now.

2) I've been getting shy, when I was lower, if I needed help I'd ask a friend. Now days I get nervous for some reason, a reason I do not know.

3) I feel bad because I think my wizard is being, well, diffrent. I've been so busy lately doing quests, I cannot help my friends. It makes me feel selfish and rude.

I hope to try to become a better wizard and loosen up a bit. " Knowledge is key, my friends."

Katie Duskleaf, level 47

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Isaac Goldenriver hasn't changed much. From level 1 to his present 44, he's been questing, than goofing off until encouraged enough to fight more mobs. He still takes regular dips into the Commons Pond, and checks the Bazaar frequently. Isaac still occasionally does PvP, or fights Unicorn Way mobs just to impress level 2-5's.

Trick or Treat, Fizzle and Defeat. Don't let the 2nd one happen.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
RottenHeart on May 14, 2013 wrote:
I just realized my level 90 wizard doesn't goof around anymore. Back in the old days (under level 50) I often played around, but now my wizard seems so serious. I don't go for swims in WC commons, run around backwards, or taunt the beggars anymore. I don't know if its battle scars and old wounds or what.

But my new wizards sometimes do mess around. Much more jolly! Hopping around, saying funny stuff, whatever.

Do other players notice personality shifts in their wizards?

~ RottenHeart
no you control yourself kingsisle isn't that high tech..........

Survivor
May 05, 2010
my answer:

i was just obsessed with finishing quests at lvl 10, now i'm just obsessed with dueling.

i dont really know, but i think its just how your personality changes in real life.

Fred FireFlame, lvl 34 Fire