Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sloshing sound at Red Barn Farm

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have been seeing some say they were hearing a sloshing sound like walking through water at the Red Barn Farm. The first one I bought just sounded like a small creek with running water and had a soothing effect, but, the last 2 or 3 I bought yesterday does sound like walking through water. It is actually annoying. The sound does stop when you do and starts up again when you move.

KI Please fix this.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Do you happen to be on a mount when this happens? I have notice when I am on my swift shark or koi mounts I hear the sloshing sounds.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Hannah Lifebringer on May 11, 2013 wrote:
Do you happen to be on a mount when this happens? I have notice when I am on my swift shark or koi mounts I hear the sloshing sounds.
No, when I am on my mount the sloshing sound is not there. It is there when I un-equip my mount and just walking around and gardening which automatically dismounts you. If you are standing still you don't hear it, only when you move.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I heard that when i toured the place! I did think it was annoying (and unrealistic when you are in the stone floored cellar outside.) However, I am pretty sure that that is normal. I think it is supposed to sound like good watered or fertilized soil.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I was wondering if it was just my computer. I realize it's supposed to sound like freshly watered topsoil but it sounds more like a week's worth of rain in one second.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
leg0master on May 12, 2013 wrote:
I heard that when i toured the place! I did think it was annoying (and unrealistic when you are in the stone floored cellar outside.) However, I am pretty sure that that is normal. I think it is supposed to sound like good watered or fertilized soil.
IT sounds more like walking through water that is at least ankle deep. Well watered or even over watered soil has a squishy sound, not sloshing and there should be no sound with fertilized soil. I am country raised so yes, I do know what those sounds are.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
I agree with goldendragon18, it was a sloshy kind of sound, it really annoyed me!!! When I did the preview of the house (which also was like 2 or 3 times) it had that sloshy weird sound! I heard it with my mount on and off! Even at my friends house (Sarah Swiftflame and Miranda Skywalker) which was obviously the Red Barn Farm, I heard the weird sloshing noise!

Really annoying fix it,
Brianna Starsong wizard lvl 58 (hopefully soon to be 59)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't mind the trickling of a little creek in the background because that is rather soothing, but not the sloshing when I am walking around. I have even started turning the sound off when I go to the RBF.