Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 5-3-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello everyone! I'm back from enjoying the sun - and while I'm happy to be back, this cold and windy weather is not welcoming me back with open arms. However, it's been nice to get back into the swing of things, and that means another Feedback Friday!

Let's talk about the Red Barn Farm. Gosh, that one has been in the works for a while! It's the first house that has a neat gardening effect - your plants should be happier there than normal. ::grin::

Today, I'd like to ask - what other nifty things do you wish houses would do? For me, I might enjoy if it automatically graded papers! What would your dream house do?

Also, a big thanks to Greyrose for filling in for me while I was gone! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd like to visit the houses of my other wizards. And be able to tend their gardens if needed.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
A shot for the moon idea

A pet palace! It could be a house that helped train your pets! Like one XP a day each for up to 50 pets. That way those pets I never get around to training would be leveling and after a year they would be adult! :D. (A little crazy? .... Probably)

Or just a house with pet training kiosks! :D

I love the tapestries I'd love to see more (although that is a housing item not a house)

Just my two cents!

Calamity PixieShade, Level 90 Myth

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Something really cool to see would be a pet paradise house that allows you to train your pet right in your house. Another thing that would be cool is if you can get a house that has built in advanced crafting boths. The last thing that I would love to see in bousing is an update on the sultan's palace that makes the effret inthe lamp give you a choice of the free prize that he gives you, and the more times in a row you visit him the better prizes he gives. Thank you.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
In the thread about Pet Bundle Card ideas I mentioned a Pet Castle
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/legendary-pet-bundle-idea

Below is the Castle Part edited:

* Pet Castle – pet count limit on inside and outside is as high as it can possibly be. Even if that requires a lessening of the total objects allowed.
Within that primary requirement of allowing the maximum possible pets the Pet Castle should:

- be fully landscaped like the Life House is, (so we aren’t adding a lot of extra trees and flowers) but in the style of Avalon & Wysteria and having “natural” water features like a river or lake and a wooded area – open enough the pets can wander in it.

- the yard would need to have large open areas for lots of pets or a garden

- the castle or house would be a stone & glass building styled like the ruins in Avalon commons area. . But it would be a complete building – not a ruin. With lots of windows and door ways instead of doors. Could be used as a character house, garden house with pots, or a wandering pet sanctuary

* Pet Training Paddock– so we don’t have to go back to the Pet Pavilion just to train. Just pop home, train & wake up in our quest area.
- the pet trainer is determined by whatever you have been playing most (just like the mini game kiosks)
- it's got a Crown Operation mode and a Free mode
- you can pay a different amount of crowns to consolidate numbers of pet runs. So if you usually play the Maze Game - and you usually get 3 pet xp points for the run plus feed it a snack - the crowns and paddock can save you the time it takes to run the maze by letting you get say One Run = 10 (so for like 10 crowns you can actually do one maze run but get 30 xp for it plus the snack points.)

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I think it should be possible to share houses with true friends. Maybe the person who bought the house could enable when and where their true friend(s) could edit? That would be really cool! You could be able to port to the house whenever you want (Both the owner and the friend)(It would be in both your backpacks). I hope you consider this (And that it is possible). Thanks!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I have wished for a Gardeners Castle for a while. Can't find where I submitted it - maybe in Test Realm. I was so excited to see the new Red Barn House, and got one right away.

I do like it. For one thing it's the best house - by far - in the whole game. For another there is a field in back behind the house that is hidden from view, and with a few pots & Small Blue Trim Rugs you can fit two medium pot gardens in it just like in a regular yard, because your Large Spell Rings overlap and compensate for the fact that your field is rectangular.

However, please schedule an update to that house - allowing us to lay the Grassy Flooring outside in the 2 front fields. They are giant, ugly and unnecessary. The garden fits in the back. Even if someone did want to use one of the front fields, the other could be covered with grass and hold pets.

I love that the house itself adds a like to any plant - Thank you so much!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I just wish there is an upgraded balance house. The rooms aren't that great. I woud like the balance house to be sand but maybe a differnet house

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Kinkade Style Garden House pt. 1
This one is long so I hope the segments post in order, as I'm breaking it to fit.

The next Garden House could be:

In the style of one of those Thomas Kinkade cottages with the landscaping of herb & flower beds and all the trees, vines, brooks and stone walls - trimmed in the distance by woods.

On the inside the Garden House itself would be a lot like the Red Farm House - since it's about perfect - on the outside it would look like the Kinkade painting. The facings and windows on the inside would match though.

Outside the whole scene looks like one of his paintings - but in back - there is a Prepared Garden Bed - which is out of view from the front and has room for all our ugly "likes" and gigantic weird plants. Oh! or this house is truly enchanted and while we had to have the items - and they are taking up item count space - they are invisible! And you can walk through them! The only way to access and pick them up is to open the attic while you're outside and pick them up there! Now there are just Sprites and your plants - though you do actually have all the Likes!

Major Selling Point is the Prepared Garden Bed in the back - out of sight - and if you planted there it wouldn't require putting down a pot or soil plot. You just put your seed down - you don't waste any of your Item Slots on pots or plots. In effect this house would have an increased Item Count - but only in the mind of a gardener and it would only put KI back to the way it was when Gardening was first introduced. Maybe there is a different work around for whatever problem made them make the plots/pots count as Items in that subsequent update.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Kinkade Style Garden House pt. 2

In the front and sides there is plenty of space for 50 or less pets to roam - in the midst of the enchanted looking landscape.

This house would be a plant Like, too, but also:

* have a dedicated Seed Shared Bank that holds all seeds - and are transferable to any character who also has a house with a Seed Shared Bank. No item loss in our packs, main shared banks and attics. It would also accept plant Likes for transfer, too.

* have a Garden Shed - that looked nice and matched the style of the house. But had a separate item count so we had a place to keep plant Likes we're not using atm. The Seed Shared Bank could be in there.

*** The Garden Shed could have a Gardener's Work Bench where we can hybridize plant seeds (like real grafting and in game stitching & crafting.) Where, for a crown price or a nightmarish crafting expedition - we can make the seeds we wish existed for us. Like maybe I'd want to acquire 10 seeds that drop Amber and 10 Prickly Bears - who drop free snacks to sell for hatching. And graft them together so I'd only use 10 plots (or the area in my Prepared Garden Bed for 10 seeds) to get Amber & free snacks. The hybrid plant would give an average of the gold - have the same odds of dropping a free snack - mega snack & Amber. And have the Needs of both "parent" plants combined, but only at their regular rate of re-spawn. These seeds would be like any other seeds. Passible through the shared bank and would give off seeds of themselves - not the "parent" seed. (since it cost Crowns to create or was really hard to craft) But obviously, it would be No Auction, for the same reason.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Kinkade Style Garden House pt. 3

Some Crown Add-On Items or Items for Gardener's

* Someone else in a past post had a great idea
Scarecrow - that reduces or eliminates the risk of pests

* Fairy House - like a bird house - that draws and keeps Pixie's at your garden

* Beehive you can set near your garden that would prevent the Bee Need

* Marigold Seeds or Plants - that prevents the Pest Needs

* Rain Tree that you could sit near the garden that causes periodic rain showers and prevents the Water Need.

* Sun Flowers you set near the garden which prevent the Sun Need

*Magic Flute - which floats about like the Book Pet - & plays magical music that prevents the Music Need

*Magician Gnome - like the Tropical Gnome - but he roams about periodically casting spells preventing the Magic Need.

These Crown Items would be very popular with Gardeners that either wanted to garden on their lower characters but really don't have the Energy for the more demanding gardens or Gardeners who also love pet work. I would want one of each for every one of my characters as it would eliminate the frustration of waiting for my garden to elder out so I have energy to train with. I could garden constantly and still train pets.

* The Prepared Garden Bed could also be an add-on item if it was created like the ornamental one we already have. It would function the same way as the built in one in the new house, but be purchasable by players who hadn't bought the Kinkade style house. It would only count as one item and allow you to plant in it 77 small, medium or large seeds - (assuming the game limit for spell effect is still 77 plants.) We'd only use 78 item slots if we maxed out the garden + adding in the Likes. It would be the same size as the one in back of the Red Farm House.

* The Gardeners Shed, Work Bench & Dedicated Shared Bank could all be Add - On Items, actually. You'd just have to buy one of the dedicated banks for each character you wanted to use it.

end

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
What about a Crafter's Lodge

It comes already furnished with a full set of all the functional crafting tables & a Crafter's Port that's like a mini World Tree but the places to select inside are all the remote Craft Tables like in DS & Grizz. I say it this way because maybe in the future there will be more to add and you'll have to choose between buying this house or going to the trouble to journey there just to craft.

Everything crafted here would have no cool down time. This would be a big deal for people who are crafting the items for the Crafted Houses.

Everything crafted here could pass through the shared bank to the character who's actually crafting that house to own.

With those people in mind, it would also have a Crafter's Closet - in which to store all those items while you accumulate the whole for the final project - so they aren't taking up space in a floor, attic, pack or bank.

The style of this house could be Medieval or Colonial - rustic - but not broken down - like when there were wood-working & smithing Guilds. The outdoor space eater (like the silo or play house) could be a Metal Forge Smithie area.

The house wouldn't have anything to do with pets but the garden should be that Prepared Garden Bed I mentioned above - since part of the nightmare about crafting is the gardening for all those difficult reagents - as such - this house needs to be able to take the extra add-on Prepared Garden Bed too. But the smith area & garden area should be in back - out of sight when you arrive. This house should also be a plant Like, too and could have a garden benefit of doubling the natural odds of the rare and ultra-rare reagent drops.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Although it would have to be in a pretty dratted big house, there could a monster in it. The monster would be called "training dummy" and take the form of a wooden golem. Players health would still regenerate, and when the dummy is engaged in combat, It just stands there waiting to be defeated. Obviously it would only have 1 health, and offer no rewards or experience when defeated, it wouldn't even count for any badges.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I would love a well in the yard that gives mana wisps. Right now we can heal in our own homes, so why can't we get mana there? I only mention this because when I change out of my garden clothes to my playing clothes, I'm always about 200 mana low and I have to find somewhere to go get it. So I think a pretty well with a small cover over it with a handle and a bucket attached to a rope would be awesome. :)

Thoughts anyone?

Ash

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Hmmmm, well I would like a house that could summon monsters for you to fight if you're bored lol.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
More gauntlets and dungeons like Midnight Sun Pagoda - maybe one from each main world, or a test world. Or one for each school of magic, based on the boss at the top floor. Including astral bosses, e.g. Galileo the Mad in his observatory at the top of the Leaning Tower gauntlet full of mad alchemists and astrological creatures.

I would especially like to see a crafted Gauntlet housing object - you provide the monsters via treasure cards in the recipe, and the world type via reagents found in that world - voila, custom dungeon.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Being able to access the Bazaar from our homes? So while crafting we don't have to go back and forth to get what we need for recipes.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Ravenview on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I would love a well in the yard that gives mana wisps. Right now we can heal in our own homes, so why can't we get mana there? I only mention this because when I change out of my garden clothes to my playing clothes, I'm always about 200 mana low and I have to find somewhere to go get it. So I think a pretty well with a small cover over it with a handle and a bucket attached to a rope would be awesome. :)

Thoughts anyone?

Ash
I love this idea and have long wished for something similar. But I think the wisps are pretty and wish they just floated around our grounds, like the Commons & Ravenwood. I also hate to wait to fill up on Health, so wish I could run and catch the wisps. I'd also want it to be both Red & Blue Wisps for the Health and Mana, both.

But I wish this could just be an update to all the houses new and existing alike.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
crunkatog on May 4, 2013 wrote:
More gauntlets and dungeons like Midnight Sun Pagoda - maybe one from each main world, or a test world. Or one for each school of magic, based on the boss at the top floor. Including astral bosses, e.g. Galileo the Mad in his observatory at the top of the Leaning Tower gauntlet full of mad alchemists and astrological creatures.

I would especially like to see a crafted Gauntlet housing object - you provide the monsters via treasure cards in the recipe, and the world type via reagents found in that world - voila, custom dungeon.
Very cool - yes!

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
As for the Red Barn Farm. I use to plant my EMPs at the myth house, they would have their 4 likes (boom shroom, egg basket, garden gnome, and djembre drum) and the boom shroom would get a fairy pixie which brought the "likes" to 5. I could harvest the peas every 6 to 9 hours.

I bought the Red Barn Farm, which added the 6th "like". Planted 147 EMPs. Now it takes 6.5 to 11 hours to reach harvestable!!!! It actually takes LONGER at the farm!!!!!! At the myth house every single pea would go elder at just about the same time, but at the farm, I actually had 6 of them go elder two or three days before the rest. What gives??????

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i think a non-crafting celestia house would be cool. i also want so bad to have an auto training house, like, maybe you could use a few crowns and it lvls up your pet some! then i could also have thing so when i'm off questing then my house is training (and bathing) my pet!

what i'd like
-gabriel ashcaller

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Nature house! I don't mean like the life house, but like a house in a forest. Or even better, a tree house! Something nature related that can change your clothes into something wearable if they are fire and you are life or something *Cough cough Malistaire's Dragonfire Cloak which i now have two of that i can't wear*

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Ra710 on May 4, 2013 wrote:
Being able to access the Bazaar from our homes? So while crafting we don't have to go back and forth to get what we need for recipes.
Maybe The Crafter's Lodge I mentioned above could come with a Tapestry to Old Town and the view could be as if you were standing on the Bazaar lawn looking out toward Baldur. I say this because it would put you right there at the Bazaar but still be a pretty picture in your house.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I would love their to be a house or a housing crown item that lets you practice against random mobs or any boss you have faced in your adventures from the comfort of your own housing duel arena! It could be like a computer or something and you go near it and press x and then you choose which mob or boss you want to appear in the duel circle. *Note - It doesn't give you any gold or loot from their table, it is like a hologram version of the boss.

Community Leader
@Aedan11 You have some of those most interesting ideas!

How about fishing? You would be able to sit at your house and fish for regents or pet snacks? You could get commons to the rares of each.

I saw a idea posted about build a house. You could have the land pick of your choice and then have square, rectangle,oval, ect... shaped buildings you could add to make your house.