Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I report them, or ignore it all?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2013
Hello everybody! I've been noticing people being mean to one another and I don't like it at all. I told these people they weren't talking nice (To see if they'd stop) and this one kid called me a name but didn't say it directly. He spelled it differently. Then these other girls were being mean to this nice girl! This is why I stay in the 'perfect' realms and stay away from the commons. I can't stand seeing people be mean to one another. Was wondering if I should report them? Thank you so much for your time! Oh, and another question! is there anyway I can hide the messages? When somebody says something it pops up on your screen, can I hide that so i don't have to see? Unless its one of my friends of course. Thanks again! Good day.

Samantha.

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/i-got-reported-28843

What is Considered a Reportable Offense?
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

What is NOT considered a Reportable Offense?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you)

"Unfair PvP” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the losing team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules)

“Scamming” (Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade. )

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Motter1 on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello everybody! I've been noticing people being mean to one another and I don't like it at all. I told these people they weren't talking nice (To see if they'd stop) and this one kid called me a name but didn't say it directly. He spelled it differently. Then these other girls were being mean to this nice girl! This is why I stay in the 'perfect' realms and stay away from the commons. I can't stand seeing people be mean to one another. Was wondering if I should report them? Thank you so much for your time! Oh, and another question! is there anyway I can hide the messages? When somebody says something it pops up on your screen, can I hide that so i don't have to see? Unless its one of my friends of course. Thanks again! Good day.

Samantha.
You can't report meanness, but you can report swearing around filters, which is what I assume that kid did. You can also report threats as those are not acceptable in any way shape or form.

You can only turn off all chatter, not just selectively. You either have to view all conversations or none at all. It's in your controls.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
I would really like to step in and help make the game better ( only using appropriate reports, of course ).
But I need some advice. Should I report my friends if they do those things? I don't want my friends to get muted or them find out and remove me. Can I pls have some advice?

Garrett EmeraldStaff-Brian GoldenShade

Defender
May 11, 2012
Oilkoil- if your "friends" act in a way that is deemed unacceptable and report-worthy by KI, maybe it is time to make some new friends. They should not get mad at you for reporting them. You are doing the right thing, they are not. It is not funny or cool to use foul language or to disrespect other players. And if KI mutes them, then you can be sure that they have earned that punishment. I have no problem reporting people who use foul language around the filters or talk about an inappropriate subject, and yes, they get angry, but I don't care. They shouldn't behave like that to begin with. This is a FAMILY game, not a social media chat site.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
oilkoil on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
I would really like to step in and help make the game better ( only using appropriate reports, of course ).
But I need some advice. Should I report my friends if they do those things? I don't want my friends to get muted or them find out and remove me. Can I pls have some advice?

There are plenty of good people in the Spiral whom I'm sure would love to be your friend. Those that break the Terms of Use should be reported, whether they are friends or not. It is not appropriate in any circumstance to use foul language, bully, harass, threaten, innuendos, etc.

This is a family game, and no one should have to see the nasty stuff people type, whether we are young or old.

It's not about the quantity, but the quality of the friends you have.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
oilkoil on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:

reports are anonymous~ if you're in a crowded area or in different places, your friends won't know it was you who reported them.

that said, i agree with que that you need new friends~ you shouldn't have to be afraid of yours.

-v.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
just ignore them and leave don't let one person make you sad out of a thousand do the smart thing