Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fairy Friend uncommon pet talent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 08, 2012
I have a pet that can get Fairy friend (may cast fairy spell). I've tried and tried but I still don't get it. What games do I play more to get it?

Grandmaster level 56 Pyromancer
Ian thundersword

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
From what I've heard/read it doesn't matter what games you play or what "traits" you train. Supposedly everything is pre-set. You just have to train the pet up and keep your fingers crossed.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Helpful Jose Neels on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
I have a pet that can get Fairy friend (may cast fairy spell). I've tried and tried but I still don't get it. What games do I play more to get it?

Ian thundersword
the game or snack you use/play will not give you more or less of a chance to get mc fairy active. all pets have hard coded talent before they are active so no matter what you. ( all you can do is rehatch if it does not show) know when to stop also helps.

if the talent is in the pet it may or may not activate. you have better chances if you hatch with a pet that has this talent active and it's better if there are no other 1 pip talents in that pet to confuse if that talent moved into the new pet.

I wanted fairy in my pets so i won like 7 nut cracker pets from packs. I trained each one to adult and what ever one had mc fairy by that point was the pet i was going to use with my already good pets to add that talent to my pool.

it was on my 4th of 5th nutcracker that had lively and mc fairy I stopped at adult there was no point to go higher.

mixed that pet with a carnation pixi that had SPUD ( proof, sprite, defy, unicorn) after about 38 failures I managed to get SPUD+fairy

now fairy is common in my pets just takes time to lock these talents in :-)

good luck

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Helpful Jose Neels on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:

Ian thundersword
ALL pets talents are random. It doesn't matter what game you play, what snack you feed it, etc.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I had so many questions about hatching and training and the answers I found on the web were so conflicted that I finally wrote to KI and asked. They very kindly replied so I can testify that what people are saying in this thread so far, is totally true and furthermore:

Pet Talents that are possible for a given pet are determined at the time of the Egg Creation on the Hatching Sigel. That is: the egg can receive any combination of talents from both parents, and which 10 talents go on the eggs card is set in stone at the time of Egg Creation in the Hatchery - and it was a random draw from the talents on the parents cards - except there is a somewhat higher chance of inheriting a talent the parent did or would have manifested if he'd been trained up high enough.

The talents and the order in which they will manifest (teen, adult, epic...) is determined at the moment the Egg Hatches Into an actual Pet.
That is: When your little egg hatching icon appears and you could equip a new baby pet - that is the moment when the 5 talents that will manifest if trained high enough is set in stone.

First 10 possible talents are drawn from the parent's pool and put on your eggs card; then 5 definite talents are drawn from the eggs card and set to manifest on your pets card as you train it.

They said there is nothing we can do to change or effect this process in any way (once the egg is created) Mega or Free snacks, fast or slow training, certain games, different schools - nothing. If ever it did seem that we were having better luck with a strategy it was coincidental.

Just be careful and hatch with pets that have 3 - 5 talents already manifested so you know the right talents are getting on your eggs cards and hope for the best to manifest as you train.