Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I buy Evil Magma Peas or not?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have 10,000 crowns on my account, and I really need the reagents and ESPECIALLY the Mega Pet snacks that Evil Magma Peas drop. Everyone is saying they're really good and are good as an investment, but I just want your opinions on it, cause I don't wanna spend 10,000 crowns on some useless plants. So...
-Do they ALWAYS drop another EMP seed, Mega pet snack, and a rare reagent at Elder?
-How long do they take to get to mature/elder?

So, should I buy Evil Magma Peas or not? Thanks for reading and replying,

Hunter DragonSword, Level 68 Necromancer
Hunter Xavier, Level 12 Swashbuckler
See you in the Spiral!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
So far, I have 6 Evil Magma Pea gardens with 30 plots each. With all of their likes, I get 360 (elder harvest twice a week) rank 9 mega snacks a week.

EMP's are a good investment.

- You will get another EMP seed at elder (so long as you don't let your plants die)
- You will get a rank 9 snack at elder
- There are several reagents during daily harvesting and at elder you can get, including: aether, sunstone, sandstone, scrap metal, pearl, golden pearl, etc.
- There are several treasure cards you can get daily and at elder which may include: tower shield, cleanse charm, feint, and others.

Check out the W101 central wiki, which has great information on plot layout, likes for your plants to help them mature faster, and what reagents and treasure cards they provide.

Good Luck!!!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
EMPs are a great investment. They always drop a seed and rank 9 mega snack at elder. I have several likes around my EMPs so they only take a four to five days to go from seed to elder. (I could be wrong on the time. I tend not to keep track of when I plant.)

If reluctant to spend crowns, you can always farm some bosses in Avalon for the seeds. www.wizard101central.com has a list of bosses that drop those seeds.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
IMPORTANT UPDATE: After a bit of research, I decided to go ahead and buy 5 of them, and I put all the things they like near them ( except for pixies, I'm going to try to get one soon ), and they got to young in about 4 hours. So now the questions are...

-Should I buy more? If so, how much more?
-Is getting a pixie essential? Will it help/speed up the process?

Again, thanks for reading/ replying, see you in the spiral!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Yes i believe evil magma peas always drop mega snacks when harvested at elder. Better yet, at elder they drop another seed of itself so you can have a chain of reacuring magma peas I say just buy 1 or 2 because they drop their seeds again. Good luck Also i think they do drop rare reagents but i'm not sure if it is all the time, but probably. Look up evil magma peas harvesting on youtube. Some people have like, 30! They show what they drop at elder too, so you can look into that for further info. Happy April Fools

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I Evil Magma Peas.

Although I suggest you farm them rather than buy them, of course :P

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There truly is no better investment in this game. I advertise these in the game and I am a walking commercial for them in the game. lol If only I received interest on how many I have gotten others to buy...

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Darth JT on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
There truly is no better investment in this game. I advertise these in the game and I am a walking commercial for them in the game. lol If only I received interest on how many I have gotten others to buy...
Same... *drools* I mean uh... Anyways guys...