Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Custom Equipment?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
I'm sure lots of People/Wizards out there would love customizable equipment. Pieces of equipment named by you, stats that you've chosen. We get equipment named after bosses, I would find it awesome to have equipment named after my wizard. I doubt it would be hard to rename, but the stats are kinda hard without getting overpowered. An Idea I had for this is to basically give points to every type of stat accordingly. So maybe a certain amount of health is worth just as much as a certain amount of resist. What's really good about this idea outside of customization is that it helps prevent things for certain schools be overpowered in comparison to other schools, keeping everything balanced. Now, you could logically give a storm wizard an incredible amount of resist, or an Ice wizard super high damage. To help prevent this, I think you basically choose two(or possibly more) equipment that you can wear and inherit the stats to your custom(If your robe gives 12% you can't choose more than 12, unless the other has more.) You can't go higher than the stat total of your highest robe. But that's not very customized, choosing stats from two robes, so to top it off, I think we should be able to add a little more. Maybe a slight addition to what's already given for a more personal touch. Not much, maybe just +1 point. Maybe we could add our own spell card. An enchanted card from our own personal deck sounds good, and convenient.Treasure cards could be a little overpowered cause you could stock yourself with rebirths and such, but your own card would be great. Come on, I'm sure I'm not the only one for the idea, but is the point system a good way to implement it? (It also has the balancing use too)

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
97eml1 on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
I'm sure lots of People/Wizards out there would love customizable equipment. Pieces of equipment named by you, stats that you've chosen. We get equipment named after bosses, I would find it awesome to have equipment named after my wizard. I doubt it would be hard to rename, but the stats are kinda hard without getting overpowered. An Idea I had for this is to basically give points to every type of stat accordingly. So maybe a certain amount of health is worth just as much as a certain amount of resist. What's really good about this idea outside of customization is that it helps prevent things for certain schools be overpowered in comparison to other schools, keeping everything balanced. Now, you could logically give a storm wizard an incredible amount of resist, or an Ice wizard super high damage. To help prevent this, I think you basically choose two(or possibly more) equipment that you can wear and inherit the stats to your custom(If your robe gives 12% you can't choose more than 12, unless the other has more.) You can't go higher than the stat total of your highest robe. But that's not very customized, choosing stats from two robes, so to top it off, I think we should be able to add a little more. Maybe a slight addition to what's already given for a more personal touch. Not much, maybe just +1 point. Maybe we could add our own spell card. An enchanted card from our own personal deck sounds good, and convenient.Treasure cards could be a little overpowered cause you could stock yourself with rebirths and such, but your own card would be great. Come on, I'm sure I'm not the only one for the idea, but is the point system a good way to implement it? (It also has the balancing use too)
How will we customize the stats?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I think many players find the crafting component of the game disapointing. Its quite limited. And generally the recipes don't make much sense. Recipes seem like arbitrary lists of stuff to collect. Its weird because the overall crafting system is very developed. Its sooo close to being a really great game component. I kinda get the feeling an awsome programmer at KI had some fantastic in-game crafting ideas that got partially implemented but fizzled along the way.

And it is weird that a Grandmaster Artisan can't even dye their own hat.