Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks no robe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
Hello my name is Chase Spell blade and i can't seem to get the robe. Even my friend noticed and said it was odd. At least i know we are on the same side. i have tried about like sixty times. i mean i can't spend hours in it hoping i will get it. i always get the hate and the boots but never the robe. If anyone can help me please do especially the Ki workers
Thanks in advanced,
Chase spellblade

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
i dont farm very often since theres only a CHANCE you will get exactly what you want. Sometimes you'll just have insanely bad luck. All i can ay is its all random drops, and keep trying. I hope you get your robe soon!!! Good luck!!!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
That's weird. I got the hat and robes on the first try. I still need the boots

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
On my first 5 tries in WaterWorks, I didn't get any WaterWorks gear (although I did get the myth and balance mastery amulets). Then, on my 6th try, I got the hat and robe. I still haven't gotten the boots. :(

I hope you have found this post helpful :)

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
The waterworks isnt in wizard city, is it? Cause this is in the wizard city categorgie

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
dawsdaws1539 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
That's weird. I got the hat and robes on the first try. I still need the boots
Where is the waterworks?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angela Gem on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
The waterworks isnt in wizard city, is it? Cause this is in the wizard city categorgie
Yes, it is.
It can be found in Crab Alley, which you get to in Triton Avenue.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
RavenLady777 on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
Yes, it is.
thx

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
merlinthewizard619 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
Hello my name is Chase Spell blade and i can't seem to get the robe. Even my friend noticed and said it was odd. At least i know we are on the same side. i have tried about like sixty times. i mean i can't spend hours in it hoping i will get it. i always get the hate and the boots but never the robe. If anyone can help me please do especially the Ki workers
Thanks in advanced,
Chase spellblade
I know people who had all their gear after their second run. I know one person who took 82 runs to get the last piece of gear on one of their characters.

It's just a random chance. Unfortunately, there seems to be no control over it. With over 1,800 runs through Water Works, we found no pattern of spell usage, rank usage, gear usage, picking up the Pearl, leaving the pearl, hitting, not hitting, or anything else that affected the odds.

Persistence is the key. You have to outlast the unlucky streak. Keep at it -- it will come eventually.

Good luck in the hunt.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
RavenLady777 on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
Yes, it is.
where in crab alley i searched everywhere

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Angela Gem on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Unless you're level 60 or up, you can't go in.

If you are level 60 or up, you have to start by talking to the mill guy that gave you access to the kraken.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angela Gem on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Do you actually have the quest? If so, your quest helper arrow will guide you there. It's a dungeon...there will be lit sigils if you are able to enter. If you don't see them then you don't have the quest.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You have a better chance of getting ww gear (or any rare drop) if you have a full dungeon starting and exiting.

You also have a better chance getting it if you let the matches go long (but not too long).

This means you need to find 3 other friends who can all enter waterworks and/or have the quests you need.

Expect to try about 15-20 times to get any particular item from any particular boss. If you're soloing, expect to quadruple this.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Yea i got hat and boots first try but i have done it atleast 20-30 times i can't really get the robe i don't get it even all of my friends don't have the robe

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Yea i got hat and boots first try but i have done it atleast 20-30 times i can't really get the robe i don't get it even all of my friends don't have the robe

Survivor
Nov 10, 2012
I got Luska's hat after 14 times doing this. He also gave me a fire mastery (Which is useless). Then, I went with my max leveled friend and we both did it and I got two robes. I still need the boots though but I'm going to get my friends to help me. Hopefully, I can get all the gear soon.

Kymma Firestone Level 66

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
After eighteen runs over the last week I've gotten:

5 pairs of boots
six hats

NO robes

one death ammy (not going to complain, this is a nice drop even though I really want balance life or myth)

I've watched over a dozen other people who had no WW gear at all, obtain their full set after three to five runs with us. I've heard theories and superstitions about why I am not getting the gear - I collected a pearl and I'm being "punished" for my greed, I went first against Luska, etc. Heeding any of this has not gotten me any closer to being done with WW.

As I'm almost level 70 and still haven't left Celestia, I'm probably going to accept failure here and just move on to ZF and make do with what I have.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Just keep on trying until you get it. That's the best I could tell you cause it's always by chance. Don't stop beleiving and keep on trying.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
I hear you mate. I still haven't got the boots out of countless runs. I always get the hat though, which you know is extremely frustrating. I agree that you should just move on and try to make do with the best you can. You can always try a later time when you are feeling less frustrated. Currently, I just use Jade Gear for my boots...

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
Hi i finally got the robe and then the next time i went in there i got another one. I'm all like wow really. so i sold it.

Chase Spellblade level 77 fire

Survivor
Nov 20, 2008
i can help you get it i have full WW gear and im lvl 70 try and find me my name is joshua dragonleaf

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
You can get your waterworks hat drop fighting the first boss, and the cloak, boots, and deck (I actually am not sure about) by fighting the last 3 bosses.

-Jake

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
hi my name is jonothan hexcaller on wizard101 and I've done the waterworks about 100 times and still didn't get robe I try so hard to get it but I never do if you can plz help me

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
What you guys are saying is that the robe is the hardest to get. I got it on my first try lol and I can't seem to get the other stuff. I also have a jade robe, but the WW gear is waaaaaaaaaaay better offensive and defensively so... why is everyone complaning about jade users??

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
Angela Gem on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
Where is the waterworks?
it is in crab alley crab alley is in wizard city first you must be level 12 to get there then to get the quest to do waterworks you must hit level 60