Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre Crafting: A Bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
I have crafted two cloaks of weighty grief, and it told me to talk to the Dragonspyre crafting man. I had sold one of the cloaks, and then when I went to him it said that I had not completed the quest. I sold the one that I kept, and was wondering what is wrong? It wouldn't be strange unless the quest said that I could talk to him and become a master Artisan. Does he need to see an example of my work to declare me a master artisan, in which case would it be the same if I buy two cloaks of weighty grief in the bazaar? I would really like some help, because being an up to date where I am in the game artisan would be cool.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Fishburt700 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
I have crafted two cloaks of weighty grief, and it told me to talk to the Dragonspyre crafting man. I had sold one of the cloaks, and then when I went to him it said that I had not completed the quest. I sold the one that I kept, and was wondering what is wrong? It wouldn't be strange unless the quest said that I could talk to him and become a master Artisan. Does he need to see an example of my work to declare me a master artisan, in which case would it be the same if I buy two cloaks of weighty grief in the bazaar? I would really like some help, because being an up to date where I am in the game artisan would be cool.
It's like any other crafting quest: you have to take what you've crafted as proof. Never sell anything you've crafted until you have spoken to the quest giver.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Needle_and_Luck

Explorer
May 30, 2010
RavenLady777 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
It's like any other crafting quest: you have to take what you've crafted as proof. Never sell anything you've crafted until you have spoken to the quest giver.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Needle_and_Luck
And after, you can't sell them because your trainer took them. They'll pay you a bit, but if you're wanting one for yourself you'll have to craft it as well.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Sorry, but you must bring everything you needed to craft to the crafter. Since you sold them, you will need to craft 2 more even though you went through all that work You needed to bring BOTH robes. no more no less, to the crafter. He/She will take them, and give you gold and the title once done crafting for them.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2012
Just out of curiosity, where do find the recipe for the Cloak of Weighty Grief. I see Balthazar, the quest giver, does not sell it.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
HermitFromPluto on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, where do find the recipe for the Cloak of Weighty Grief. I see Balthazar, the quest giver, does not sell it.
Buy the recipe from Yagi Sakai in the open fields area of Shoshun Village in Mooshu. All the "Needle and ___" crafting quest recipes need to be bought from vendors scattered throughout Mooshu. Which one you visit depends on your school, you will always get a recipe for an item from your school. So, because you're apparently balance, you go to Yagi.

Oh and buy the equipment crafting table in MS furniture shop (if you don't have one already) and any reagents you need from Toshio's standby vendor.

Hope that helps

Survivor
Dec 14, 2012
Many thanks. Had been searching for ages. You were correct.