Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frostbranch is too HARD!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
HEY, I am a fire wizard and I am having trouble with frostbranch. I am level 56. But can you blame me? It lowers my accuracy twice and it keeps taunting me with the words! Plus it cheats! It used Efreet with 4 pips? Uhm, NO! Plus it hits twice in one round. ANY TIPS? Or, can anyone help me?

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
You might want to lvl up some more because It was hard for me to beat him until I wan like a lvl 76. The dude is crazy hard so by the time you reach a higher lvl, you'll figure out a way to beat him, I'm sure of it.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 86 Balance~ over and out

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Hi there,
The easiest way i found was to hit him with a wand attack within the first couple of rounds. Doing this places a shield on you to prevent him from using an efreet on you. then build up your attack for the minion, then the boss. and when you get a wand card up, use it.

Dustin Starwalker, lvl 90 diviner

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Shy girl on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
HEY, I am a fire wizard and I am having trouble with frostbranch. I am level 56. But can you blame me? It lowers my accuracy twice and it keeps taunting me with the words! Plus it cheats! It used Efreet with 4 pips? Uhm, NO! Plus it hits twice in one round. ANY TIPS? Or, can anyone help me?
Bring friends, i brought a 63 fire, 53 balance, and a 48 storm with me and we still barely made it.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Shy girl on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
He did not use efreet on me.He kept giving me stun blocks for spamming vampires.Who could blame me for soloing it at lvl 58.I made it out with a good 2310 health.He was taking about 1000 damage every round because of my dmaage (69 can make it higher but i still want some critical!)

Tyler Legendfriend 59

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
We know about Randolf Spellshine, but what about Frost branch? I fled second round because he is that hard. You see, I am trying to lvl up to get my orthrus, so I just accepted a random quests and it led to HIM. I regret doing that. Buy a henchman, that might help.
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 45

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
He cheats, you have to deal with the cheating and follow the "rules"

Don't buy a henchman, the henchman won't follow the rules and will generally be useless most of the time.

You really need a friend who can go in with you and help you intelligently, preferably a high level fire.

The fire's job is to A) apply fire dispels as needed to keep efreet and smokescreen off the table; and B) to administer the death blow

Your job is to A) hit every turn and B) work around periodic earthquakes.

To achieve (A) I suggest you focus all your gear and spell support on boosting accuracy. You should be able to get TC Infallible, TC sniper, TC unstoppable, etc. for cheap at the bazaar. If you have clothes or wand or any other piece of gear, including a pet, that boosts your accuracy, use it.

To achieve (B) rely less on blading and trapping to get damage through, if you're first in line your damage isn't as important as simply connecting. Enchantments and innate gear damage boost will be important here. Use enough healing to survive and to keep your helper alive.

Let your helper take a moment to off the death minion, he can't reliably be ignored and will make life very difficult for you if you let him get established.

If you're soloing this then you are either going to get lucky, or you're going to come back when you're level 65+ and by then you'll know all this stuff.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
If I remember correctly, when you fizzle, he will cast it. Why not try bringing fire dispells? That's how I fought him on my ice.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
If you have tc fire dispels you can try applying one as your first action.

If you're balance or balance mastery, you could get more mileage out of elemental dispels provided you get good pips on your first turn. Shut down one efreet and one natural attack, or one smokescreen and one natural attack. More likely though, you will end up pitching it and using an aura or a blade instead.

At the end of the day, the strongest recommendation I can give is bring a friend who knows the rules and has the cards to support you.