Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with Balance and stats

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
Hello I am somewhat new to wizard101 and have been playing for about a month. I am a Level 42 Master Sorcerer in Balance and seem to have a lot of issues with understanding why I cannot cast so many spells I get a lot of grey cards and never seem to get the proper element shields when fighting a boss fight. I also have no idea where to get balance equipment for myself to bring my stats up. This is what I am at right now.

Damage is 16
Resistance 30
Accuracy 0
Critical Rating 0
Block Rating 0
PIP 41%
Healing in/out 18% / 9 %
Stun and Armor 0

How can I get these stats up? Is there something I am missing? I have finished Wizard City and Krokotopia, 99% of Marleybone and 50% of Mooshu . So what do I need to do to get help to bring myself up to my level? It is getting frustrating! Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank You
Raven135734

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
snipster12 on Mar 2, 2013 wrote:
Hello I am somewhat new to wizard101 and have been playing for about a month. I am a Level 42 Master Sorcerer in Balance and seem to have a lot of issues with understanding why I cannot cast so many spells I get a lot of grey cards and never seem to get the proper element shields when fighting a boss fight. I also have no idea where to get balance equipment for myself to bring my stats up. This is what I am at right now.

Damage is 16
Resistance 30
Accuracy 0
Critical Rating 0
Block Rating 0
PIP 41%
Healing in/out 18% / 9 %
Stun and Armor 0

How can I get these stats up? Is there something I am missing? I have finished Wizard City and Krokotopia, 99% of Marleybone and 50% of Mooshu . So what do I need to do to get help to bring myself up to my level? It is getting frustrating! Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank You
Raven135734
The greyed out cards are due to lack of pips, in front of you at your feet, to be able to cast them. All cards have a number in the corner that tells you how much pips you need - the yellow power pips count as 2 for all your school spells and only 1 for out of school spells you may have trained. Each round you get a new pip. At your level shopping the Bazaar will help with gear - my Balance though Mooshu ended up with a Grizzlehiem looking outfit, I hated the bird beak hat, which balanced, health, damage and pips well for me. By now you should have a wand that gives you an extra pip/power pip at start up so you start with 2 in every battle. I chose a ring with extra pips and an atheme with just health and mana.

If you put your blades and traps out you must wait for spells and not wand in between or you use up your blade and trap. Try to reduce your spells in your deck so that you are not discarding a lot (right mouse click discards) to get to ones you need, this avoids wasted rounds. I used SandStorm quite a bit.

Balance was a bit of a learning curve for me to play, it can be honed to a good wizard to play but it takes time to figure it all out.

On my first wizard I was well into Mooshu before I really started to learn how to play the game so you are about where I was when I found I had to pick things up a bit to move on.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
snipster12 on Mar 2, 2013 wrote:

Damage is 16
Resistance 30
Accuracy 0
Critical Rating 0
Block Rating 0
PIP 41%
Healing in/out 18% / 9 %
Stun and Armor 0

Thank You
Raven135734
Update finished Mooshu ! Level 44 now and Damage is now 18 and Resistance 32 finishing up Grizzleheim and then to Dragonspyre. Looking for any advice on Do's and Don'ts ! Thanks!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
Northlite on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
The greyed out cards are due to lack of pips, in front of you at your feet, to be able to cast them. All cards have a number in the corner that tells you how much pips you need - the yellow power pips count as 2 for all your school spells and only 1 for out of school spells you may have trained. Each round you get a new pip. At your level shopping the Bazaar will help with gear - my Balance though Mooshu ended up with a Grizzlehiem looking outfit, I hated the bird beak hat, which balanced, health, damage and pips well for me. By now you should have a wand that gives you an extra pip/power pip at start up so you start with 2 in every battle. I chose a ring with extra pips and an atheme with just health and mana.

If you put your blades and traps out you must wait for spells and not wand in between or you use up your blade and trap. Try to reduce your spells in your deck so that you are not discarding a lot (right mouse click discards) to get to ones you need, this avoids wasted rounds. I used SandStorm quite a bit.

Balance was a bit of a learning curve for me to play, it can be honed to a good wizard to play but it takes time to figure it all out.

On my first wizard I was well into Mooshu before I really started to learn how to play the game so you are about where I was when I found I had to pick things up a bit to move on.
Thanks for the tips !