Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

low level pvp vs high level pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
First off I love to pvp. I have a commander ice and on my way to warlord. However, I like to play my 47 death too. I dont know how many times ive had to fight a higher level who has crit when I have no chance at block yet. If your going to match low levels with high levels, then u need to put block on low level gear so we have a chance in combat. I see someone whos an 88 for example playing with a 12 vs a 47 and 38. They have no chance if they get crit.how is that fair?and I shouldnt have to level up to compensate. My ice is a 90. I have no problem leveling and competing. However, sometimes it just fun at a lower level. But its no fun if i get crit and im a warlord at 47 and lose to a 76 fire whos a private cause i got crit. Totally unfair.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
yea ik how u feel b cuz i did have a lvl 28 balance he was captain easily but then i lvled him up 2 lvl 45 cuz i have redwind blade in shared bank and i did 2v2 with a vet death lvl 42 and we faced lvl 50's a myth and someother person i 4got his lvl but the myth killed me easily cuz he just crit minotaur on me 2x in a row.One of the things that really messed up pvp is: critical b cuz if ur a lower lvl that is a high ranked ut makes it so u pretty much have no chance and puppets b cuz...well its kinda obvious puppets ruins pvp cuz it could b lvl 16 warlord and lvl 28 vet vs lvl 90 and a lvl 1 all that lvl 90 has 2 do is use tht valcano spell r wutevr then boom games over i think kl should work a little more on pvp 2 solve those problems.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Guys, You know the Matching system is a mess and does not correctly match for PvP. There should not be 30 levels difference in a ranked match.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
alan75730 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
First off I love to pvp. I have a commander ice and on my way to warlord. However, I like to play my 47 death too. I dont know how many times ive had to fight a higher level who has crit when I have no chance at block yet. If your going to match low levels with high levels, then u need to put block on low level gear so we have a chance in combat. I see someone whos an 88 for example playing with a 12 vs a 47 and 38. They have no chance if they get crit.how is that fair?and I shouldnt have to level up to compensate. My ice is a 90. I have no problem leveling and competing. However, sometimes it just fun at a lower level. But its no fun if i get crit and im a warlord at 47 and lose to a 76 fire whos a private cause i got crit. Totally unfair.
There is some gear out there with crit and crit block for low levels. Its the packs gear. The lower level doesnt give much compared to higher level but it is on it to use. Also are the potions that grant bonuses blocked at lower level? I cant remember if they are.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
There is some gear out there with crit and crit block for low levels. Its the packs gear. The lower level doesnt give much compared to higher level but it is on it to use. Also are the potions that grant bonuses blocked at lower level? I cant remember if they are.
First off, some people dont have enough money to blindly buy packs with crowns in the hopes of possibly getting a hat, shirt, or boots that give crit. block.
And second of all potions cant even be used in pvp, AND they cost crowns anyways.

The best thing you can do is train conviction from diego outside the pvp lobby. There is no lvl requirement either, it just requires the rank of veteran i think. So all you need is the rank of veteran, and one training point and you can prevent 90% of criticals and stuns.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
But the elixrs are no PvP.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2011
that is a huge issue and there are evn more with pvp i am lvl 62 and i keep getting stuck with low levels that are commanders and warlords and i don't even stand a chance it's so not fair can someone please fix it? please?

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
The matching system is really messed up. I am level 40 and I keep getting matched against level 60 and above in a 1v1 match. That's just another form of puppets, but the matching system is doing it. If I win I get 1or 2 points but if I lose I will lose from 20 to 30 points. The higher levels have critical hit and even with conviction I usually don't block the hit. I am hoping that this is fixed soon, I stopped team pvp because of the puppet teams.