Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

not fair spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
i have been pvping lately and i have noticed a lot of low level wizards rounding from level 10-20(i pvp with my level 20 fire wizard) use strong treasure cards that they normally wouldn't have. i think kingsisle should ban treasure cards from pvp because this morning i started out as a seargen. throughout the day i have won 5 battles and lost about 10. each included some card like a mooshu treasure card ( you know like ninja pigs and stuff) and have been K.O.ing my wizard in 1 hit each time. me myself, usally never use treasure cards in the arena and even if i do, they are never better than rank 3. all together today though i went from seargent to corpral to private all within an hour. i am very displeased about this anxd hope that more wizards will complain about this too and maybe just maybe, kingisle will make pvping fair.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
If you dont like others using treasures, then use them yourself.
To counter treasures, use shields, weaknesses and resist

The PVP gear outised the arena door helps if you are low level.
If you have a lot of tickets, then you can rise up to veteran and buy the veteran hat, robe, or boots. Then you can fall down as much as you want till you get a lot of tickets. Then rise up again to get another piece of the veteran gear. Once you have all that gear, you have an advantage over those who do not have as good gear. Then you can go to commander, and try the same thing.

A good pet helps as well. Those with Spell proof and defy can help you survive longer and may cast heals are very useful during PVP for low levels. Pet's with high attack cards can be used over and over again so you do not have to use treasures.

Hope these tips helped.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Try fighting fire with fire. Treasure Cards can be a huge asset in a deal, even if you use them rarely. Pick up some shield Treasure Cards from the Bazaar. Keep in mind that players can purchase most Treasure Cards in the Bazaar, so your Pyromancer could pick up a Kraken for a powerful attack, or a Tower Shield for added defense.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I have a level 10 storm that was a commander but then i started fighting lower rank level 20's and just keep losing and now i am a knight. For you i would consider getting in the 30's-40's and get a life to 2v2 with you(or at least someone that can heal you). If you don't have tower shield then you should buy some tc ones. For making it far i don't really thing they will get to treasure cards, but if they do i think the meaning for warlord will be born again. Just keep it up and try harder and you can be good. Hope this helps

Daniel Hawkslinger 87 ice Veteran, Zachary Skywalker 10 knight

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
i see what you guys are saying, but i dont believe in using tc in pvp. and the whole reason i am pvping is to get the high gear. and beings i am getting ko'd every other time by an efreet tc or something, i cant really obtain the gear. i think it would just be easier if we just duel with our knowledge of dueling and how we like to fight.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
If you are not using tc just because it doesn't seem like a good way to play, that's your problem.
I honestly don't think kingisle is going to change anything, so just find a way to live with it.
Use the tips I posted.
Plus, things wouldn't be as exciting without tc.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Danny the ice wiza... on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
I have a level 10 storm that was a commander but then i started fighting lower rank level 20's and just keep losing and now i am a knight. For you i would consider getting in the 30's-40's and get a life to 2v2 with you(or at least someone that can heal you). If you don't have tower shield then you should buy some tc ones. For making it far i don't really thing they will get to treasure cards, but if they do i think the meaning for warlord will be born again. Just keep it up and try harder and you can be good. Hope this helps

Daniel Hawkslinger 87 ice Veteran, Zachary Skywalker 10 knight
Don't do that. You'll face a puppet team. (The 2v2 idea)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
luckyrusty on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
i see what you guys are saying, but i dont believe in using tc in pvp. and the whole reason i am pvping is to get the high gear. and beings i am getting ko'd every other time by an efreet tc or something, i cant really obtain the gear. i think it would just be easier if we just duel with our knowledge of dueling and how we like to fight.
i am not against tc use in pvp~ i am against overpowered school-only tc being made available for crowns. but that's a whole other topic. treasure cards are fair game.

honestly, if you can't beat them, join them.

i have a level 22 pyromancer sergeant; i do not have crowns gear, or any of the pvp set.

i've killed with efreets, and been killed by them... same goes with judge, medusa, and all the other go-to strategies. i've won from first, and from second, because i know how to defend myself and make use of the resources i have available.

because my first wizard was balance, a school that relies heavily on off-school tc from the get-go, i have no qualms about using other schools' spells. hey, if a level 22 pyro can survive long enough to obtain the pips for efreet, more power to her.

if you are getting knocked out that often, then perhaps it is your strategy that needs fixing, young wizard.

-sergeant von
angela nightflame, 22 pyromancer, team awesome

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
wizardmaster8029 on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
If you are not using tc just because it doesn't seem like a good way to play, that's your problem.
I honestly don't think kingisle is going to change anything, so just find a way to live with it.
Use the tips I posted.
I agree! There is no pvp without treasures!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
If you are a lower level and have not taken a waizard all the way through the game including Azteca, you might be in for a big surprise. And Vonawesome can tell you the same thing. You need to find a way to deal with those TCs in PvP, because you are going to face worse as you progress through PvE and it gets much worse in Azteca unless KI nerfs Az before you get there especially in the boss/mobs and the spells they use......

PvP is about building your skills and testing yourself. Not nerfing everything because you lost battles or rank due to the use of TCs.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
Some treasure cards are banned from pvp, like Talos.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
If you are a lower level and have not taken a waizard all the way through the game including Azteca, you might be in for a big surprise. And Vonawesome can tell you the same thing. You need to find a way to deal with those TCs in PvP, because you are going to face worse as you progress through PvE and it gets much worse in Azteca unless KI nerfs Az before you get there especially in the boss/mobs and the spells they use......

PvP is about building your skills and testing yourself. Not nerfing everything because you lost battles or rank due to the use of TCs.
Golden i really cant believe you just typed the last statement.

Anyway back on topic, As frustrating as it can be with TC's in pvp you have the ability to use those cards also. So grab some TC's and build a strategic pvp deck around them.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
luckyrusty on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
i have been pvping lately and i have noticed a lot of low level wizards rounding from level 10-20(i pvp with my level 20 fire wizard) use strong treasure cards that they normally wouldn't have. i think kingsisle should ban treasure cards from pvp because this morning i started out as a seargen. throughout the day i have won 5 battles and lost about 10. each included some card like a mooshu treasure card ( you know like ninja pigs and stuff) and have been K.O.ing my wizard in 1 hit each time. me myself, usally never use treasure cards in the arena and even if i do, they are never better than rank 3. all together today though i went from seargent to corpral to private all within an hour. i am very displeased about this anxd hope that more wizards will complain about this too and maybe just maybe, kingisle will make pvping fair.
it's fare for IF you only use treasure cards that you can get as a spell because i hate it when a level 20 use fire dragon treasure card and do you want to get to warlord i'm a level 23 life i can help

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
Golden i really cant believe you just typed the last statement.

Anyway back on topic, As frustrating as it can be with TC's in pvp you have the ability to use those cards also. So grab some TC's and build a strategic pvp deck around them.
I really can't believe you typed this post.

On topic: High-level TC's for low-level wizards is just silly, but until KI acknowledges the problem, we're all stuck with it. However, if using high-level TC attack cards for a low-level wizard, building your deck around it is just silly. Rely on strategy and knowledge of your school. If someone can't build up enough pips for using the TC card, you have to rely what's in your school deck to make the hits and setup.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
I really can't believe you typed this post.

On topic: High-level TC's for low-level wizards is just silly, but until KI acknowledges the problem, we're all stuck with it. However, if using high-level TC attack cards for a low-level wizard, building your deck around it is just silly. Rely on strategy and knowledge of your school. If someone can't build up enough pips for using the TC card, you have to rely what's in your school deck to make the hits and setup.
I can cause i did lol.

You are right Q . I mean who builds their deck around power cards anyway right. Man why did i even post that?
Oh wait i remember because it works thats right........ Nevermind then.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
wizardmaster8029 on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
Use the tips I posted.
i guess tcs make it exciting 4 the plyr using them but not the person whos trying there best using there own cards

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
omagha on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
i guess tcs make it exciting 4 the plyr using them but not the person whos trying there best using there own cards
There is nothing that is stopping you from using TCs. I would suggest that you do a lot practice pvp before doing ranked and that way you might be able to figure out just what some are using.

Only certain TCs have been restricted from PvP but It is getting ridiculous to keep nerfing and restricting pets, spells, TCs and gear. That leaves no reason to even do PvP. Everyone is perfectly matched and no one wins or loses. There would be no reason to have a ranking system. Just a waste of time and effort to train those pets, learn those new spells.

So What is the reason now to even keep playing Wizzy? Everything that is changed for PvP is also changed in PvE for the most part. I think it would be so boring, it would not take long for a lot of players including those that are here for PvP only to be finding another game to play. PvE would no longer be fun or magical. There would be no adventure for our wizards.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
its not the tc's i'm worried about. Its the insane bolt that i got casted on me today. Can we at least ban tha from rankedt? its not really fair since us death have to blade up trap up and feint up before we can attack, after two pips we're already dead ? Not every school has a 2 pip spell that hits a thousand health like nothing... not fair at all

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Jeffrey DeathWalke... on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
its not the tc's i'm worried about. Its the insane bolt that i got casted on me today. Can we at least ban tha from rankedt? its not really fair since us death have to blade up trap up and feint up before we can attack, after two pips we're already dead ? Not every school has a 2 pip spell that hits a thousand health like nothing... not fair at all
Remember though that bolt has options it doesnt always hit for 1000. Its random.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jeffrey DeathWalke... on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
It is my understanding that Insane bolt is NO PvP. Wild Bolt is what you are describing. But even if Insane bolt is allowed, the caster risks getting hit with 10,000 damage to self. Frankly, in my opinion, Insane bolt, even in PvE is more than insane. I know my Storm wiz will not be using it unless I can pack enough shields to ward against a lot of the backlash and by the time enough shields are in place, she will more than likely be dead anyway. It is not hard to make a 2 pip spell do more damage. Even for a death wizard.

At the rate players are screaming to get spells, pets/cards, TCs, and gear restricted from PvP, it won't be long till all you will have to battle with are Novice wands and rank 1 spells. HMMMM that might actually be fun to watch.

Hey, Von, Que, Darth, and Ronster, maybe we should get a few more of our friends together and try that just for a bit of fun and novelty.... We pick a wizard and dump all the gear and pets and use strictly novice wands and rank 1 spells and Novice Decks. Might consider rank 2 spells at the most.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
It is my understanding that Insane bolt is NO PvP. Wild Bolt is what you are describing. But even if Insane bolt is allowed, the caster risks getting hit with 10,000 damage to self. Frankly, in my opinion, Insane bolt, even in PvE is more than insane. I know my Storm wiz will not be using it unless I can pack enough shields to ward against a lot of the backlash and by the time enough shields are in place, she will more than likely be dead anyway. It is not hard to make a 2 pip spell do more damage. Even for a death wizard.

At the rate players are screaming to get spells, pets/cards, TCs, and gear restricted from PvP, it won't be long till all you will have to battle with are Novice wands and rank 1 spells. HMMMM that might actually be fun to watch.

Hey, Von, Que, Darth, and Ronster, maybe we should get a few more of our friends together and try that just for a bit of fun and novelty.... We pick a wizard and dump all the gear and pets and use strictly novice wands and rank 1 spells and Novice Decks. Might consider rank 2 spells at the most.
Regarding the last paragraph .... that would be loads of fun! Practice PvP with all of us stripped down to noob gear and allow only 1-2 pip spells.

Like what we do when we want to torment Malistaire in Dragonspypre. We eliminate all gear. No stat clothing, no wands, no athames, no rings, no amulets, and only up to 4 pip spells. Sometimes pets are allowed. It sure makes it fun and more challenging!

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
honestly I think tc should be banned because it not showing any skill at all it just shows that you can save up pips and shield for a few rounds. if you actually pvp without tc you showing that you can kill enemies with your skill and that you can actually defeat someone with out using false skill.

ex. if you a level 10 and you defeat a level 40 with a tc you not showing any skill. but if you level 33 and you defeat 70 without a tc show s you can blade and shield and survive till the other gets defeated

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Why not just remove ALL restrictions in PvP and see who comes out on top. You need to realize you are going to get hit with a lot worse as you progress through the game and especially in Az. Adapt to it now and learn to defend against it. If you don't and have not taken a wizard through Az, you may want to make sure you have friends willing to help you. Az is a PvP arena but you are fighting the AIs and they are smarter in this world. They have learned to conserve pips, and alternate with the big hits.

You want things toned done or restricted in PvP but, guess what? It also causes those same things to be toned down even more in PvE. Your spells will be weaker, you won't be able to use those TCs if you are not the right level or higher, your pets won't heal you as much. Did I miss anything? Those of you that think these changes won't affect PvE in a big way, need to rethink that. If you like to solo PvE, chances are, that won't happen either. None of it will be worth training pets, new spells, and the best gear in the game will be as useless as the gear in AZ.

Off Topic: Que, we can set that up on Central and see if any of our friends want to join.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
Why not just remove ALL restrictions in PvP and see who comes out on top. You need to realize you are going to get hit with a lot worse as you progress through the game and especially in Az. Adapt to it now and learn to defend against it. If you don't and have not taken a wizard through Az, you may want to make sure you have friends willing to help you. Az is a PvP arena but you are fighting the AIs and they are smarter in this world. They have learned to conserve pips, and alternate with the big hits.

You want things toned done or restricted in PvP but, guess what? It also causes those same things to be toned down even more in PvE. Your spells will be weaker, you won't be able to use those TCs if you are not the right level or higher, your pets won't heal you as much. Did I miss anything? Those of you that think these changes won't affect PvE in a big way, need to rethink that. If you like to solo PvE, chances are, that won't happen either. None of it will be worth training pets, new spells, and the best gear in the game will be as useless as the gear in AZ.

Off Topic: Que, we can set that up on Central and see if any of our friends want to join.
In all honesty removing all restrictions would be the most fair thing to do because then everyone is on the same level and as you said they have to strategize to win.

The only thing i think should be restricted in PvP is a players level. The level of an opponent should not be more or less than 3 levels just to be fair.