Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help! Malistare!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
I have to fight malistare and the dungeon is HUGE! I need help! Any tips?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Shy girl on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
lol~ the title of this thread made me giggle..

what school/level are you?
what gear are you wearing?
how is your current deck set up?
do you have any friends who can help?

if you can answer these for me, it would help my wizards and i to better assist you.

-von
mrs. malistaire the undying, team awesome

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
This link gives some basic information about The Great Spyre:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Great_Spyre

And here are some other posts with advice that might help too:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4143c950bdc013cae0d2df77b42/8ad6a4153caee3c3013cb79f5b2321b9#8ad6a4153caee3c3013cb79f5b2321b9

Hope these help.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I ended up having to use the guide for this instance because of it being so over whelming when I first got there and lost.

I will say I use the Maw route to set the crystal on the stand. I had to press M a lot to keep on track because your arrow doesn't help much in here. There are fights you have to fight and ones you really don't.

For me the swinging of the doors opening stops me in my tracks and was my favorite part of that event and lets you know you are getting close to him.

After many times in there now I have developed a few short cuts so the event doesn't take so long but it still impresses me when I enter it.

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Dr Von on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
lol~ the title of this thread made me giggle..

what school/level are you?
what gear are you wearing?
how is your current deck set up?
do you have any friends who can help?

if you can answer these for me, it would help my wizards and i to better assist you.

-von
mrs. malistaire the undying, team awesome
Fire, 53
Idk
6 Fire Dragon, 4 Helephant (plus 1 from my pet helephant), 2 Pheonix, 2 Kraken, 1 storm trap, 5 fire trap, 5/6 fire blade, 4 pixie, 4 satyr, 2 prizm, 3 glacial sheild, 2 spirit sheild, 2 fire sheild, 1 link, 1 meteor strike, 1 storm lord, 1 dispell fire spell, 5 spells from wand, and I forget the rest!
Maybe a couple.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Shy girl on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Fire, 53
Idk
6 Fire Dragon, 4 Helephant (plus 1 from my pet helephant), 2 Pheonix, 2 Kraken, 1 storm trap, 5 fire trap, 5/6 fire blade, 4 pixie, 4 satyr, 2 prizm, 3 glacial sheild, 2 spirit sheild, 2 fire sheild, 1 link, 1 meteor strike, 1 storm lord, 1 dispell fire spell, 5 spells from wand, and I forget the rest!
Maybe a couple.
based on what you've given me, here are my suggestions:

1) find gear that gives you either high fire damage or high resist to death.
2) as for your current gear, i'd need to know what you're already wearing to recommend anything better.
3) your deck is way too big, especially if you plan on completing this with a group. here is what i recommend:

-1 meteor strike
-1 helephant
-1 fireblade
-1 elemental blade
-1 fire trap
-1 trained feint
-1 tc feint
-2 pixie or satyr
-2 gargantuan tc
-1 reshuffle

make sure that the one you're using is not a fire wand. if you use a same-school wand, you will lose your blades when you try to get rid of weakness (and everything in ds loves to spam it).

blade up and use your garg'ed meteor to take out the minions. then, lay your traps on malistaire; heal, if needed, then reshuffle. blade up again and hit him with your helephant. all being well, that's you done.

4) if friends are helping you, you can trim your deck even more

good luck!
-von

Survivor
May 18, 2012
I can tell you that you only have to do a couple fights.
You have to do
Gurtok Firebender
Gurtok Piercer
two dragconian fights
soul servants
malistaire

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
I'm only level 31 and once I teleported to my friend and they were fighting malistare so I helped them and malistare only had 102 health left so I used the "Blizzard" spell.Then he died.I was so happy P.S. im AlexisGoldenHeart from Wizard 101 so if you want to be my friend look for me.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Get three friends - Life, Storm, and Ice
I did it solo when I was a level 51 but when I first did it (level 47) I did it with my level 79 Ice friend who
basically bladed and frost giant-ed against everything.
the life guy should have rebirth to heal everyone with.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
You can do malistaire solo. Just did it first time yesterday and am a level 50 life. I actually thought I needed friends to do this since I read somewhere that you need to activate something but the only thing I ended up activating is a green crystal outside crown of fire. Used just sprite guardians, sanctuary, forest lord, centaur, blade and traps plus legend shield.

now if I can only get help with stormfather in ravenscar, spiral key quest in marleybone and lost lieutenant quest in colossus blvd!

goodluck