Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to make a quest boring

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
"Did not collect crystal spinarettes from spiders. Try again."

I could go on, but I think the point is adequately illustrated. I've actually had double this many attempts and I still am not finished collecting crystal spinaretttes. How do these spiders spin webs if most of them don't actually have any spinarettes, anyway?

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I had the same problem with my Storm, Haley DragonMancer.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
it was the same in celestia and zafaria before the update

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The only suggestion I can offer here, which works on all worlds, is to talk to everybody you can until you get to the "collect this" quests. Usually you can defeat the same monsters and collect multiple items. This is not a guarantee for you, but it has helped me on quite a few worlds. Hope this helps

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
before someone says "get your friends to help" well, they all have other things they would rather do.

I've had better luck getting these done by going to the most crowded realm you can still log into, and jumping into battles.

I mean, if they are almost dead and they're on their last spider, don't do this. But if you see someone with a fresh plate of spiders to process, go offer to help.

Otherwise I totally agree, did not collect is the biggest reason people don't do side quests, and a major drag on main storyline progress. If you want this step to be difficult, make it a miniboss quest rather than a d & c.