Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2010
Ok so I crafted everything needed for the initiate crafter badge. I went up to the lady that gives you the quest. She still had the gray above her head. I talked to her and she said she still needed them when my quest said that I had already done it. What's going on with this

Administrator
Please make sure you make your topic in the correct section of the message boards.

Crafting the items is only half of the task you were given. You were clearly told to return the crafted items in order to receive the reward.

You must have the crafted items in your backpack when you visit her again. If you have sold, trashed, stored in your bank or fed the items to your pet, you will need to re-craft new ones so that you can bring them back to the person who gave you the quest.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Apparently you can't cheat by purchasing the items in the bazaar instead of crafting them. I tried. Maybe I forgot to remove the price tag, but the items don't get accepted unless they are actually crafted!

Survivor
May 18, 2010
RottenHeart on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
Apparently you can't cheat by purchasing the items in the bazaar instead of crafting them. I tried. Maybe I forgot to remove the price tag, but the items don't get accepted unless they are actually crafted!
I actually crafted them lol, then I sold them. So I didn't know what I did wrong.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
hello ok i dont understand what to get started with crafting i have the table and some items but when i click on the life symbol i am ata lost on what to do ?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RottenHeart on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
Grins for the forgot to remove the price tag -

What has happened to me is - I craft the item and then in one of my not so smarter moves somewhere before I make the second one I get giddy and sell stuff out of my backpack - of course these useless stat crafting items get sold - by accident. I am better with it now that KI has put the symbol by them now, thanks for that and I don't seem to sell them any more.

Any who what I do is panic, then I head back to the Bazaar and buy it back and it does count when I go to hand it in. What this leads me to believe is, you did the time and did craft the item so that does get counted also so as long as you have the original or the one you managed to buy back it will count toward that crafting quest.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
fordranger40 on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
hello ok i dont understand what to get started with crafting i have the table and some items but when i click on the life symbol i am ata lost on what to do ?
The first craft quest gets you started by having you collect a pc of mist wood then bringing it back to her - she makes you the Basic Crafting station. She then gives you your first craft quest - you must buy that recipe for that from her - make note of the name of the item(s) you must craft and buy that recipe from her. You will need to buy the recipe from the quest giver all the way up to the Celestia Seal of the Seven Seas, that one is given to you by the quest giver.

As you go along you can collect some of the items by going up to them on the ground and clicking x, others you buy from the reagent vendor standing by her and sometimes you may resort to buying them at the Bazaar. You can check on how you are doing by clicking on the vial looking icon down the right side of your back pack and clicking on the recipe. The first quest requires collecting mist wood and cat tails the rest I buy from the vendor.

Most all quests are for 2 of an item so you must have double the items to complete the quest. Once you have all the ingredients you go to your craft table and an x should appear. You select the item you want to craft and click on create. Create will only be available if you have enough things to make the item. Some items require a cool down time before you can make the next one - this will be noted after creating the first one.

As you go on with crafting you will need different tables and in some cases actual places in the spiral to craft things. You will need to be a certain level in crafting to be able to make certain non quest items.