Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New ways to train pets please?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
Hello,
The idea of pets and allowing them to grow and have different talents is great. I have to say though, in my honest opinion, that the pet games are the worst part of the game. They are boring and tedious. Is there any way that you could come up with a new and fun way to train pets. I'm not against feeding them, that's cool, and it makes it fun, but the games, to be honest are terrible. It seems most people have one game that they are good at. For me it is the the maze. All I can say is that it is boring when you have to do it what seems like 1,000s of times to raise your pet. I think that wizard101 has done such a great job with the whole game, but this one area, yuck! What about pets battling, or something more enjoyable, something more interactive, that you can do with friends. Anything, but please no more MAZE! It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the game and how interactive it is.

Michael SoulShard

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
MichaelSoulShard on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
Hello,
The idea of pets and allowing them to grow and have different talents is great. I have to say though, in my honest opinion, that the pet games are the worst part of the game. They are boring and tedious. Is there any way that you could come up with a new and fun way to train pets. I'm not against feeding them, that's cool, and it makes it fun, but the games, to be honest are terrible. It seems most people have one game that they are good at. For me it is the the maze. All I can say is that it is boring when you have to do it what seems like 1,000s of times to raise your pet. I think that wizard101 has done such a great job with the whole game, but this one area, yuck! What about pets battling, or something more enjoyable, something more interactive, that you can do with friends. Anything, but please no more MAZE! It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the game and how interactive it is.

Michael SoulShard
Maze game is too slow and long. I can play 3-4 grump gobbler cannon games in the time you do 1 maze game. You want interactive you can do pet derby and feed twice after its over or even play grub guardian offline. I would like an actual FEED PET SNACK for energy for that level option where no game is played. Then we can quickly train our pets :~)

cheers

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
Honestly I think you should just be able to go to your inventory and feed your pet snacks.

P.S.
The games are pretty boring after a while.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I totally agree we need more ways to train pets, it's why I created the following post:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4143c6c9458013c6f3e3b0c1ab0?reset=1

Some like, and some hate the idea. of course I LOVE the idea, but, well, I'm biased lol

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
something that Wizard101 can do is maybe if our pets can get pips or powerpips and cast their own spells. That would be cool and they have to do mission like us to get new spells.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Survivor
Feb 07, 2013
Each game tests your pets durability in that ability so that it makes sense they would need something for a new game to train that ability. The maze game raises intellect so they would have to find another game that complies to thinking in deep thought.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
No, use Grub Guardian if you want. Don't do maze though. That is the longest one. The dance and Grumpy Gobblers are definitely fastest.