Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance power and Pets that give Dragonblade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
Pets give dragonblade which is a balance spell. Why does Balance not get this spell? We are lacking as far as power goes. Why not give us this blade for our deck to make Ra as good as the other hit all school spells. Give us a balance only blade 50%? There is no shield for balance you say? um tower shield? Its just as good as any shield balance has in deck for other schools. Ra has no side effect? Should give out Black mantle? Sirens gives a lot of effects and also high damage? Balance should be stronger because its a combination of all schools. We are the weakest it seems. Give us a decent Blade so we can hit like the other schools or we could get mass hex, since we get no convert, but they should be balance only trap. More power is needed somehow for Balance to be equal to the other schools again. Sharpen only makes us even more out matched because we have weakest blade to begin with. plz help us?

Jeremy Wyrmdust Balance wiz lvl 90

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
bigdaddywyrm on Jan 30, 2013 wrote:
Pets give dragonblade which is a balance spell. Why does Balance not get this spell? We are lacking as far as power goes. Why not give us this blade for our deck to make Ra as good as the other hit all school spells. Give us a balance only blade 50%? There is no shield for balance you say? um tower shield? Its just as good as any shield balance has in deck for other schools. Ra has no side effect? Should give out Black mantle? Sirens gives a lot of effects and also high damage? Balance should be stronger because its a combination of all schools. We are the weakest it seems. Give us a decent Blade so we can hit like the other schools or we could get mass hex, since we get no convert, but they should be balance only trap. More power is needed somehow for Balance to be equal to the other schools again. Sharpen only makes us even more out matched because we have weakest blade to begin with. plz help us?

Hi Jeremy,
I too am a Balance Wizard and since starting AZ I can understand your frustration at our school's lack of firepower....BUT
You must remember, we are the school that stands in between the spiritual and elemental realms and we can inflict both types of damage.
We can also cast an elemental shield that protects us from not one but three types of damage and the same applies to our Spirit Shield, granted, it they only give us 50% protection as compared to other school shields but the trade off is that we have protected ourselves from three types of damage with one spell.
It would take other schools three rounds to achieve this whereas we have two rounds to inflict damage.

I agree our blades don't do as much damage but we have exchanged damage for other benefits such as as Availing hands which is almost as good as a Life Wizard.

Remember what Arthur Westfield the Balance instructor said :
" All schools believe theirs to be the best but they all have strengths and weaknesses".
The book of Balance at the Krokotopia school also says that Sorcerers take the best magic from other schools and create something new.

The way I inflict more damage is by using Colossal ( which I trained in) with Ra, Power Nova etc. With the extra damage given by blades and gear stats such as 25% damage etc I find that I can cause a substantial amount of damage, somewhere in the 1200 mark.

Yes, I know this isn't as much as a Storm, Fire, Ice etc but for the reasons I've just outlined I'm quite happy.

Continued good fortune in the spiral Jeremy

James Dreamweaver Lvl 85 Sorcerer

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Even though I think Balance is meant to be effective in group play, I thik they should be able to be efficent on their own. I dont know how you guys do to be balance wizards I wouldn't be able to buff fire and storm with my "all school effective rare blade whatsoever." Kingsisle should definately consider your idea.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

#popcicool7777777

Thaumaturge Knight
Private Pyromancer

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
bigdaddywyrm on Jan 30, 2013 wrote:

i feel your pain~ i am also a level 90 balance wizard in azteca, who just so happens to have pets with dragonblade and agrees that we should have the same number of resources available as the other schools do.

how i got through azteca: power novas. lots and lots of colossal power novas.

my recipe for success: trained blade, pet blade, amulet blade, sharpened blade, sharpened bladestorm, trained bladestorm, colossal power nova. most mobs don't live to see the weakness. in boss fights, add a whack-ton of traps to that and watch them die instantly. lol. and, if they don't, repeat as required and then use lady judge for the subsequent cleanup on aisle 5.

which reminds me...

1) did you train your astrals? if not, i suggest you do so right away (no training points? buy them all back, naow).

2) what gear you're wearing can give you a huge boost. my balance wizard wears her ww hat and cape, some random crowns boots and a wand that i found collecting dust in my shared bank, and the zafaria crafted athame, along with the great wild wood pendant (ghost avalon boss drop that gives a blade) and the nameless ring. i forget where that came from, but it adds an extra 9% to her damage that a balance wizard would never get elsewhere.

combined, my damage boost is +71, which is higher than average for balance.

-

back on topic:

1) a 50% balanceblade would be awesome. but it would probably still be useable by all schools, and they'd all still cry that we're overpowered, even though they'd benefit from it more than we would;

2) give us a mass hex, and storm/death wizards will cry about us stealing "their" specialties;

3) i think the sharpened blades were designed for balance, since we also have bladestorm and can enhance both it and the trained blade. that being said, i agree with you that we need something that benefits us exclusively and i hope that ki will give this some thought.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, the rest.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
I own the best gear, i have all crafted Azteca gear. I have extra blades from my pet, wand, crafted amulet and i have sharpen. My balance damage is 74. I have colossal trained. My Ra hits 5000-6000 with every blade i can muster and the new 25% balance damage field up. Over 10K with critical. This takes about 8 rounds to make happen (if my deck allows it) and if there is no earthquake or sirens to knock off blades. This is good but every other school hits double that damage in way less time with the blades they have. Teacher also stated this was a powerful school; but its not looking that way to me when we have to use extra blades from anything we can to get more damage on our hits. lol with these extra blades on any other school they further out hit us. I say again Plz! Plz! give us a good blade or up our damage.