Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

healing pets getting out of hand

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
The pet healing in game is ridiculous. Every school gets Fairy spell in Wizard City. Make um use it!!!

Spritely: is awesome and should be the only may cast thats free. Its a low heal over time spell and death is still possible.

Life bat: its not powerful but does heal all.

Unicorn: is too powerful a heal to use no pips (1200- plus to group)

Fairy: really? Isnt this why we have a life school? Should use pips just like the spell in everyones deck.

With unicorn and fairy ( being 5 pips total ) and pets using them both in one round, how is this fair that it uses no pips and the wiz will never be at risk of death. Many pets use multiple heals, this is just an example. Pets that spam healing spells for zero pips is lame and should be fixed!!! Regulate them!!! Pets should use pips to heal or only heal a few times a day. If not, go ahead and give rebirth as next pet heal and further ruin a once, award winning game.

dont cry about this post, ITS TRUE lets make the game better not worse, this means you with the pet that has 4 heal talents crying about this post.

Jeremy Wyrmdust Balance wizard lvl 90

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
bigdaddywyrm on Jan 30, 2013 wrote:
The pet healing in game is ridiculous. Every school gets Fairy spell in Wizard City. Make um use it!!!

Spritely: is awesome and should be the only may cast thats free. Its a low heal over time spell and death is still possible.

Fairy: really? Isnt this why we have a life school? Should use pips just like the spell in everyones deck.

With unicorn and fairy ( being 5 pips total ) and pets using them both in one round, how is this fair that it uses no pips and the wiz will never be at risk of death. Many pets use multiple heals, this is just an example. Pets that spam healing spells for zero pips is lame and should be fixed!!! Regulate them!!! Pets should use pips to heal or only heal a few times a day. If not, go ahead and give rebirth as next pet heal and further ruin a once, award winning game.

dont cry about this post, ITS TRUE lets make the game better not worse, this means you with the pet that has 4 heal talents crying about this post.

Unicorn is hardly powerful.
And I seriously doubt you'll have many people agreeing with you.
The benefit of these pets is the "may cast" option, not added spells. You kind of missed the point.
And they are "regulated;" all "may cast" talents are totally random.
Do not mess with spritely or any other healing talent. It's been brought up before and did not go over well. At all.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What makes you think we don't use fairy? I use it, as often as needed, and while I have Satyr, I don't even load it into my deck because it takes too many pips away from me as a non-life wizard. Really, what you're saying, if I understand it correctly, is that you feel pets should have their own pips to cast spells with and only be able to cast them when they have enough pips? If you're saying for my pet to use MY pips, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you there. Pets' may cast abilities are highly sought after for a reason, if KI makes them cost pips, you've just destroyed a huge aspect of their usefulness. I totally agree that the multiple castings can get out of hand during a battle, and my phoenix has cast 8 sprites on me in one battle before.... and I STILL died (by a heavy critical hit).

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
umm ! correct me if i'm wrong and flame me if you must but you sound just a tiny bit envious about these pets, is it because you haven't been able to get one yourself? pips are hard enough to get for spells without using them for pet healing use, and the may cast doesn't always work i know i have a phoenix with a mind of it's own who heals when he feels like it not when i want him too and in a fight you don't always get a chance to use your own healing spells in time, and some bosses don't allow you to use heal spells (like belloq) for instance all you might have is if your pet heals you. i can imagine instead of crying some people may be slightly upset at your *ahem* somewhat childish comment. shanna fireheart fire wizard level 90

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
You have the same opportunity to hatch a pet with four healing talents that every other wizard has. You have the same opportunity that every other wizard has to hatch a pet with any five pet talents of your choosing. Even when opportunity knocks, you still have to get up off your seat to open the door.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I have a pet with all 4 healing abilities and I don't think it is cheap or unbalanced at all. It took a lot of work, gold, snacks, and time to hatch over and over and over again until I made my pet. The only people that I know with pets similar to mine, are people who I have hatched with or the few other pet trainers who busted their rumps to make supreme healer pets. If you do not wish to put the work into it, that's fine don't. But to deny others the rewards to their hard work is pretty rotten.

I'm pretty sure I know what this is about. It's about PVP, isn't it? You fought someone who had a pet with at least spritely, fairy friend, and unicorn and you lost because their pet healed them and your pet just sat there with the old school generic pvp setup of defensive talents.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The healing talents that a pet can get do seam overpowered compared to the other talents. Particularly spritely which has a significantly greater chance of being triggered than other may-cast talents. I expect people to disagree, but it's pretty obvious how desirable spritely is. Many won't even hatch with a pet unless it's got spritely. I like spritely too.

I am not suggesting spritely should be changed. I would be a fan of seeing some of the other talents improved or upgraded. It sure would be nice if the death trap may-cast actually triggered during battle. I am a fan of lots of good options in an rpg for a gamer to choose from to create a unique character, but pets have only about 5 talents that are highly desirable. So really we are all trying to create a pet with the same characteristics.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
it would be nice if we could influence the maycast percentage a little. My Jellyfish, trained to max, has spritely and death blade. Spritely is cast much more frequently than death blade is. if we had a way to up the maycast, or if KI upped the NONspritely maycast percent, that would be good, but I doubt it would happen. Our pets could be much more useful if we could equip them with gear, like jewely, barding, etc, and if those items gave a SLIGHT BOOST (maybe 1-3% boost per item) to may cast, it would be nice. Pets are not the only underutilized/undermodified aspect of the game

Survivor
Apr 11, 2012
Have you thought about all the time and effort these wizards put into hatching multiple times, then training and feeding these pets, not to mention gold, that cast these "multiple" healing spells to get their perfect pets??? It takes DAYS sometimes WEEKS to do this, it sure is not easy, it requires dedication. Believe me I know, I have one that cast unicorn, spritely and guardian wall, 2 that cast unicorn , spritely, shields, they are perfect for me and my wizards! I bet if you invested the gold, time and energy into it you would have one too and then it would be your favorite pet also, so don't be so down on others for working hard to get the pet they really want and using it. Everyone has the same chance to have a healing pet, if you want multiple healing spells you have to take the time to hatch.(and hatch ......)
Wizard101 is a GAME, IT is suppose to be FUN, lighten up

Survivor
May 04, 2010
lol knew you would cry about this like i said before in first post. Dont cry, its true. Never said i want any of these talents? Also i dont pvp because it takes hours at a time for one match because of the healing pets. Boring! Yes i could train a healing pet but thats not the point. I like my pets thx. I have many mega pets trained so i know all about the time and effort of training them. Point was lets make the game better, not more lame. A game where you never die becasue of pets that heal constantly without using pips for their spells is cheap and kind of lame. They made a whole school for this that has to use pips for healing? And this didnt go over well because people want everything to be easy. This Game won awards when it was a challenge to do things: now it is a watered down pet healing bonanza of i can solo this world with my healing pet. What is the fun in that when you know you can beat everything without help because of a pet? Used to have to team up to take out dungeons and bosses, this was great time for the game but it doesnt happen much anymore because of healing pets. Again my point is lets make the game better. Cry me a river to keep your healing pets allowed? This is sure to take over pirate 101 also so i will not even try that game if they dont fix this one.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010

The new may cast fairy is sprite 2.0 basically. I have pets with proof and all 4 heals and many with spud+f i don't use them because 2 of them are not worth the slots on my pet. Good eye candy in pet pavilion to get pets i want.

For me this is a perfect pet
Proof, defy, mc sprite, mc fairy, mc tower

pets do make the game easier much easier but with that said the next world is going to be that much harder :-) I would like to see a 6th talent open up. yes 4k xp will not be fun but wow so many options! More snack sales ;-)

The next world is probably going to be a bit harder than az was and all them may casts will keep you going :)

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009

so true man :( its sad for example: i was in pvp and i had hit a medusa about 4,000 then her pet gets a critical 3 times in a row with pixie on top of that she had really good healing in/out so pretty much 1000. she won because of that. AT LEAST make it to where there is a limit so pets cant get critical or so they cant pixie more than 1 x or pets cant be involved in pvp.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Did he really just call unicorn useful...

OK, I think you just threw me off there.
With that + Batusi, you'll be lucky if it casts twice a battle.
With spritely, oh well, KI gave out a free pet, so it's alright.
With Fairy Friend, I will admit, it is slightly overpowered.

Now this is one thing, the rudeness in your post, but then your second reply totally threw me off.
Let me break this post down...
"lol knew you would cry about this like i said before in first post. Dont cry, its true."
We aren't crying, what are you talking about?
"Also i dont pvp because it takes hours at a time for one match because of the healing pets. Yes i could train a healing pet but thats not the point"
How do you know if you don't pvp..?
"I like my pets thx. I have many mega pets trained so i know all about the time and effort of training them."
If you like your pets, why are you talking about how others are better? Also, if you have mega pets with good talents, it would have healing talents, since those are amazing talents.
"A game where you never die becasue of pets that heal constantly without using pips for their spells is cheap and kind of lame. They made a whole school for this that has to use pips for healing? And this didnt go over well because people want everything to be easy."
The game isn't easy, look how many Azteca complaints there are. In fact, life is still one of the most helpful schools. The next few sentences I cut out because it was ranting about this.
"Again my point is lets make the game better. Cry me a river to keep your healing pets allowed? This is sure to take over pirate 101 also so i will not even try that game if they dont fix this one."
Obviously everyone else still finds the game entertaining, so I don't know what bogus you are feeding us here. It's not taking over pirate101, pets are like companions.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
yes i agree with you, Pets should be regulated. You and I talked in game about the pets using energy to heal. I think this was a good idea. They should use something. Pets are trained by energy so why not make um use it to cast the heals. That way there is a draw back from having a multi healing pet or the game will be over run by it. (like now) Dont get me wrong; love the pet i hatched from yours, and the spritely talent i got is very cool. Thx btw But healing pets are a little out of control being free to cast unlimited heals. Also Unicorn is powerful. 1200 to party is more then the satyr 890 to one person so do the math 1200/ 890 hmm? Just because its not on one person doesnt mean its not powerful.

to Ronster55: he has awesome healing pets but doesnt use um because he is a good gamer and doesnt need the constant heal from a pet to be a good wiz He and i practice pvp all the time and it does take forever. He just trying to make a point that healing pets are out of hand and they are. So lighten up on slashing out at him.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
It's kinda weird too.
Fairy seems to happen a lot more than spritely, and that happening with lvl 5 PVPers is much too cheap.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
nicholle86 on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
yes i agree with you, Pets should be regulated. You and I talked in game about the pets using energy to heal. I think this was a good idea. They should use something. Pets are trained by energy so why not make um use it to cast the heals. That way there is a draw back from having a multi healing pet or the game will be over run by it. (like now) Dont get me wrong; love the pet i hatched from yours, and the spritely talent i got is very cool. Thx btw But healing pets are a little out of control being free to cast unlimited heals. Also Unicorn is powerful. 1200 to party is more then the satyr 890 to one person so do the math 1200/ 890 hmm? Just because its not on one person doesnt mean its not powerful.

to Ronster55: he has awesome healing pets but doesnt use um because he is a good gamer and doesnt need the constant heal from a pet to be a good wiz He and i practice pvp all the time and it does take forever. He just trying to make a point that healing pets are out of hand and they are. So lighten up on slashing out at him.
Using energy to heal isnt a bad idea, however, there needs to be energy wisps then. Energy is already dipped into a lot, and yes, I can handle my energy fairly well. I garden and train my pets strategically so I have enough for both. I think the BEST solution would be to give pets their own mana, SEPARATE from energy, and when they run out, it needs to be filled by wisps. I posted a while ago, that wisps should work by first healing the wizard and THEN healing the pet. I think IF pets get their own mana, or use energy, then this should be allowed to happen.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
I honestly think this is too less, before you know it pets will be casting satyr and tree! As the game progresses KI has to give us more enhancements towards our wizards in order to have the capability to explore their new worlds!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
bigdaddywyrm on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
lol knew you would cry about this like i said before in first post. Dont cry, its true. Never said i want any of these talents? Also i dont pvp because it takes hours at a time for one match because of the healing pets. Boring! Yes i could train a healing pet but thats not the point. I like my pets thx. I have many mega pets trained so i know all about the time and effort of training them. Point was lets make the game better, not more lame. A game where you never die becasue of pets that heal constantly without using pips for their spells is cheap and kind of lame. They made a whole school for this that has to use pips for healing? And this didnt go over well because people want everything to be easy. This Game won awards when it was a challenge to do things: now it is a watered down pet healing bonanza of i can solo this world with my healing pet. What is the fun in that when you know you can beat everything without help because of a pet? Used to have to team up to take out dungeons and bosses, this was great time for the game but it doesnt happen much anymore because of healing pets. Again my point is lets make the game better. Cry me a river to keep your healing pets allowed? This is sure to take over pirate 101 also so i will not even try that game if they dont fix this one.
Ok- hold up there. I've read you posts over and over to find you're point- I assume it's pets should be toned down with the mc healing spells?
---
You must understand that KI puts allot of thought, time, and effort in this game. Every world, every piece of gear, every website post thingy, EVERY and ANY little minuscule update produced by KI is planned or at least given a little thought to before releasing it to millions of players throughout the world.

Get my point? So assuming they do that, would they really think, "Ok, putting mc fairy (or any healing talent for that matter) in a pet would cause an uproar in the gaming world and would probably make half of our paying community rage quit because it would be too unfair." Noooo. I know that is a little too far fetched but think about it.
Obviously the game is getting harder with the new Azteca release and spells, so maybe the healing spells are meant to help us? Ok, then you think of pvp. When I get to that I get into dangerous ground here.. lol.
In pvp maybe it's meant to challenge us. Ok, ok.. pvp is too much of a challenge already.
But just think about it.
Cope.
Try a new strategy.
Enjoy the game.

Jazzy Thunderstaff lvl 87 Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I feel the talents are fine seeing how it takes time,money ,crowns and alot of patience to achieve a good pet. So if you waste the time doing it you deserve a good ability to use. It is great to have these abilities and the only reason for a complaint is from the PvP crowd and usually only from the pvpers that have lost a battle due to an opponents pet casting a right timed fairy.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
nicholle86 on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:

Um... Let me address a few things please.

1. If someone has a rude post, I don't watch my manners. Excuse me, but if you want me to lighten up, he'll have to stop saying we are "crying", or implying we are little children who can't control our emotions.

2. Give me a few examples. I do PvP also, and they take 30 minutes average each. Not that long, considering how long it takes to get the pets.

3. 1200 to party is false. That's not what it is. That's the boost. It is 315 to party with no boost. There is absolutely NO WAY it is 1200 without boosts such as sanctuary and guiding light. Most it could be is probably 800. And that's with specific gear. So don't lie about that.

4. You have no idea how many people will quit if they can't use their pets because they need energy for gardening.

5. It isn't unlimited, it's a chance of casting. Not every round.

6. It seems as if you and your friend are just getting bad luck against people who's spritely pets cast twice a round occasionally.

7. When you say "he is a good gamer and doesnt need the constant heal from a pet to be a good wiz", are you implying that most of us aren't good wizards because we decide to take the easy way out? Now that's starting to get a little overconfident.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
I realize I might draw a lot of hating for this, but when people are referring to " those people who hatch a lot to get good pet stats", Yeah, well, I'm one of them. Someone sad that this takes "days or weeks" to get a good pet. That's not correct, it's 3 months to a year. I've been trying on and off for a year and a half to 2 years, and I still don't have a perfect pet. I'm not " crying", closer to raging, though not quite. We've worked hard on our pets, you have no right to ignore our efforts and try to destroy our rewards. I have literally had 20+ generations of pets, I, and everyone else who has done this, deserves to get to keep our reward. I am a good wizard, I could easily solo Trial of the Spheres without any pet or, for that matter, without a hat or shoes. KI isn't going to nerf or change pet MC's. they're not OP or unfair. Plz stop hating, it serves no purpose, and it's very rude and somewhat upsetting to people who have worked extremely hard.

Charles the Healer, Knigt of the Silver Rose