Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pierce

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I am an archmage diviner, currently warlord. I have quit 1v1 because storm is not as good as i would like it to be at it and i have started team pvp. Like anyone in the arena, i have noticed that ice's resist is a big asset and gives them an advantage over me.

The average warlord ice has crafted avalon gear and the thaumaturge's chill waders(crown boots), which gives them over 80 resist to fire and storm and 50 across the board ( assuming they have pets that give at least 14 resist). 80 resist is also the highest a trained shield can go against any school( except for balance of course).

KI doesn't want to nerf a school, i understand and respect that.

But ice has 80 resist to the 2 strongest schools. I don't suggest nerfing ice, but in revenge, i want my school, storm, and fire, to become a walking treasure infallible. And the same way that ice did not lose any major stats when they traded their usual gear for this crafted one, i don't want storm and fire to lose anything.

20% should be implemented in the full crafted gear set for the next rank.

PvPers, tell me what you think.

Blake BattleHunter level 89 diviner

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
Blake BattleHunter on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
I am an archmage diviner, currently warlord. I have quit 1v1 because storm is not as good as i would like it to be at it and i have started team pvp. Like anyone in the arena, i have noticed that ice's resist is a big asset and gives them an advantage over me.

The average warlord ice has crafted avalon gear and the thaumaturge's chill waders(crown boots), which gives them over 80 resist to fire and storm and 50 across the board ( assuming they have pets that give at least 14 resist). 80 resist is also the highest a trained shield can go against any school( except for balance of course).

But ice has 80 resist to the 2 strongest schools. I don't suggest nerfing ice, but in revenge, i want my school, storm, and fire, to become a walking treasure infallible. And the same way that ice did not lose any major stats when they traded their usual gear for this crafted one, i don't want storm and fire to lose anything.

I agree with you. I think if storm was to get 20% pierce that would even things out a bit better. There's been many posts about this very subject but I think KI is choosing to ignore us all.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
This might solve something vs ice but think about how overpowered it would be against every other school besides ice, unless everyone gets major resist as well.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
In team pvp, if you are not a hitting or elemental school, then you should either have jade (death and life), or crafted balance gear. Besides pierce would encourage an offensive wizard101 meta game and make games go faster. In 1v1, storm is so underpowered with their low health that massive pierce wouldn't even put them close to the top of the school leader boards.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Blake BattleHunter on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:

Ok, this is where I have to draw the line. Firstly, "Storm is not as good as I'd like it to be" They can get over 100 damage and over 300 critical, easy. Their damage is phenominal, and their attacks are really strong. Just look at storm owl. The ice crafted gear has the same function. The storm gear gives resist to fire and ice. The fire gear gives resist to ice and storm. The ice gear gives resist to fire and storm. The only difference is that the ice crafted hats give an additional 7-9 resist. Also, they de-buffed ices crafted gear for Azteca, giving them a lot less universal resist, with the same fire and storm resist. Although I dont use the crafted gear, I hate how people pick on ice about it. All schools have their own advantages.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
What you don't realize is that ice is taking the fun out of the game. The mess that they did with ice and jade and all those high resist schools is so big they actually considered de-buffing reshuffle.
Ice is nowhere near over powered right now in warlord pvp, because all they can do at this point, is just stand there. Enfeeble and earth take away their blades.
Now why is ice taking the fun out of the game? Because they make the games longer.
Yes, i'm talking to you try hard Ice life death teams, with your death spamming in full jade, and your ice life standing there, making my game 6 hours long.