Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solo Jotun and Brothers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Hi, on my level 59 life wizard I was able to solo Jotun and his brothers. Then Jotun reappeared and I beat him again by myself. Yes my level is high but I needed XP for Zafaria. I want to know how your experiences with Jotun were.

Thanks

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Elite Warrior on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Hi, on my level 59 life wizard I was able to solo Jotun and his brothers. Then Jotun reappeared and I beat him again by myself. Yes my level is high but I needed XP for Zafaria. I want to know how your experiences with Jotun were.

Thanks
My experience with Jotun and his brothers??? .I did Jotun when a was lvl 50 I asked my lvl 29 balance friend for help (to boost the attacks) we both joined the duel and when we saw the health (we both had open chat) we started swearing cause a lvl 29 balance and a lvl 50 life has NO chance of winning with that health. We were swearing and going mad we went through out whole list of friends that was online o.e at last my friend lvl 48-49 storm helped us but my storm friend said we need another person so my friend Rylee tried to get her friend Michael ( 65 at that time n also my friend) to help us. He kept on ignoring us. (He was in pvp o.e)We started that swearing completion again. I asked my ice lvl 52-55 friend to help (he was more nice) he said. One min in a duel. And after the duel he told me it said the dungeon was full. *swearing completion again* we were despairing at that time (and swearing of course) my storm friend kept on spamming Triton and Storm Lord and my balance friend summoning and boosting out attacks and me i was healing my friends (duh -.-) the duel went on for and hour or so (well that's what it felt like) while we were In the duel I gtg cause I forgot that I had to meet my friend up for something. But I dragged it a bit longer because Jotun was almost dead. When we finished Jotun we were all so glad (I promise no more swearing) when we finished I told them I gtg (again) and said bye to them but I returned the quest before I logged off. ~The End~

Thats my experience with Jotun. Sorry for making you like read the whole thing

~Christina DreamGem Life/Death level 51
~Taylor GoldenStone Storm/Life level 6
~Cori DreamGem Balance level 6
~ something DreamGem something lvl something o.o <----I can't remember x.x
Happy Questing! And I hope you had a great New Year and Christmas!

Without God you’re without guidance without guidance you’re without faith, hope, and happiness, without that you have nobody and nothing to turn to.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Well if you want to win, you should do the dungeons beside his and defeat his brothers before him so he is solo.

Dolan Griffontalon Grandmaster Diviner (level 52)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2012
dawsdaws1539 on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
Well if you want to win, you should do the dungeons beside his and defeat his brothers before him so he is solo.

wow i did not know that

Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
My experience was terrible! My character (Mary Rainbowgem) and my friends walked in we thought it would be a piece of cake. Well it wasn't. I was in real life contact with them. We weren't happy. We were Death, Life, and Storm. One boss happened to be my school. I was so mad i ran in circles out of anger. When we finished i ran around jumping and laughing. Afterword i used the skills to fight Malistare. I was level 46 i believe.

Mary Rainbowgem Storm wizard level 57

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
I finished the jotun quest 2 days ago. did it solo. took me about 3hrs using my level 50 life wizard. With sanctuary, sprite guardian, forest lord, centaur and re-shuffle it was pretty ok. Sprite kept healing me (sanctuary gave a +50% on every healing spell!) so was never in danger. I had a pretty tight deck, maybe 12-15cards. Just used re-shuffle a lot after casting my attack spells . I also used specific shields, of course

goodluck

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Don't even talk about that horrid monster! It took me about 5 months just trying to defeat him. I could get to him easily, the dungeon before was just preparing me. I thought he was gonna be easy like all those other grendels I fight. But when I saw him he was like Zeus, in the analogy that he looked like he was the king of the king of all grendels. I don't ever want to face him again. Every time I tried, I had good help. I had high level friends and level 50 henchmen (The highest level at the time). I was so frustrated. One time, I was in a battle with a friend of mine and two henchmen I bought. I told my friend to wait in the battle for me, while I go get some mana. I teleported to Northguard and got full HP and Mana. I teleported back to my friend. But I was not in the battle! It turned out one of her friends had teleported to her and took my space. I had just wasted 2 perfectly good henchmen. Jotun was dead already and we only had one of his brothers left! I got so frustrated and mad, I decided to take a break. I finished Mooshu and Dragonspyre, and after defeating Malistaire I went back, ready to try again with Jotun and his brothers. When in battle, I went to get a level 50 henchmen when I realized, there were level 80 henchmens now!!! (this is when Avalon had just come out). I was overjoyed. I got a fire, a storm, and a life to heal me and the other henchmens. That day was a very good day for me because I finally defeated Jotun. Bttp, Jotun is harder than Malistaire in my opinion and I hope never to see him again!!

Bailey Skullvault, Grandmaster of

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Soloing is hard. You are going to be busy for a good half hour to an hour with these goons.

Apparently it's possible to fight each of the brothers in the antechambers individually, so when you get to Jotun, he's only got the grendel minion. I've yet to meet anyone who has been able to do that, and most of us just blundered on past the dorks and found ourselves in front of the whole quartet.

If this happens to you, a few tips:

Keep those death drains small! Keep them from healing more than about 200, ever. Spirit shield, death shield, tower, weakness, dispel even. If you can only hit one at a time, hit for lethal.

I would rather deal with chain krakens than chain wraith any day. People simply underestimate the massive effect of a 600-800 point life swing. They only think in terms of the damage to themselves, and forget about the healing - it erases much of what they worked so hard to do. And it instantly lifts the brothers out of lethal range, as opposed to bosses that cast sprite and work their way out slowly.

That said, too many unblocked bladed krakens are bad for your health. For the level 40 soloing this I recommend your firstline defense against storm: set your marker to inside their room - or as close to it as possible without putting you in harm's way.

Yup, you're going to get blown out and have to port back. Maybe a lot. But hey, as long as you don't log out, your progress is saved. So if you have killed some of the brothers, you will only have to face the survivors.

It also gives you a chance to change your deck as you get closer to isolating and containing Jotun.

Once the brothers are down, you can now replace some of the death defense with some storm defense. Don't forget he can also earthquake and vampire, so rather than relying solely on storm shield, use your minion; equip global resist items; heal early and often; and spam weakness.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
crunkatog on May 14, 2013 wrote:
Soloing is hard. You are going to be busy for a good half hour to an hour with these goons.

Apparently it's possible to fight each of the brothers in the antechambers individually, so when you get to Jotun, he's only got the grendel minion. I've yet to meet anyone who has been able to do that, and most of us just blundered on past the dorks and found ourselves in front of the whole quartet.

If this happens to you, a few tips:

Keep those death drains small! Keep them from healing more than about 200, ever. Spirit shield, death shield, tower, weakness, dispel even. If you can only hit one at a time, hit for lethal.

I would rather deal with chain krakens than chain wraith any day. People simply underestimate the massive effect of a 600-800 point life swing. They only think in terms of the damage to themselves, and forget about the healing - it erases much of what they worked so hard to do. And it instantly lifts the brothers out of lethal range, as opposed to bosses that cast sprite and work their way out slowly.

That said, too many unblocked bladed krakens are bad for your health. For the level 40 soloing this I recommend your firstline defense against storm: set your marker to inside their room - or as close to it as possible without putting you in harm's way.

Yup, you're going to get blown out and have to port back. Maybe a lot. But hey, as long as you don't log out, your progress is saved. So if you have killed some of the brothers, you will only have to face the survivors.

It also gives you a chance to change your deck as you get closer to isolating and containing Jotun.

Once the brothers are down, you can now replace some of the death defense with some storm defense. Don't forget he can also earthquake and vampire, so rather than relying solely on storm shield, use your minion; equip global resist items; heal early and often; and spam weakness.
How is soloing hard?Back to the topic.My experience was great it was so much fun.I did him at lvl 53 solo (as usual).It took me a good 25 min.I had storm mastery so i spammed tc ra and tc lord.All i did blade up (15 min and 12 rounds).Get max pips (2 min 4 rounds).Then spam (8 min 9 rounds).It was on my balance this story.Also jotun was still alive and had 458 health left but i had 1 card left a locus swarm but i would not kill him.I just used but i had 0 dmage at the time so i could get a good 56 global resist.I used the locust swarm and a miracle happened it criticaled!Jotun could not block so he was dead (duh).After that i had a party with 67 wizards.Btw i had 3245 health at the end.Lmao.

Tyler Legendfriend 58 (2000 xp left!)

Blaze Strongpants 90 /

Survivor
May 13, 2011

And the winter deep warren requires only avoiding "street battles"(some of them have bosses)" and i got to grettir with only one other fight

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I LOVE jotun!!! I like the challenge a lot. I think it's really fun and would go in there again with full group, which is most fun for me. I never tried the other dungeons before, but plan to. I recently did him on my balance wizard with my friends, but his brothers didn't bother to show up I was disappointed but I guess one of my friends did the other 2 .

Survivor
Oct 11, 2011

But when I go into the other dungeons the brothers are not there

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
vfdz926 on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
wow i did not know that
neither did i thanks so much!