Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
I just got an Efreet pet from the lvl 78 quest and i lvled it up to Adult. I hatched it with my friend's Mega Sea Dragon which has amazing abiities like spritely. I got another Efreet. Should I lvl it up and will it have better abilities than the first one? And what are some hybrids you can make with the Efreet?
Thank You all and Happy Holidays

Luke MythFlame lvl.79 Fire

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
sae153 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
I just got an Efreet pet from the lvl 78 quest and i lvled it up to Adult. I hatched it with my friend's Mega Sea Dragon which has amazing abiities like spritely. I got another Efreet. Should I lvl it up and will it have better abilities than the first one? And what are some hybrids you can make with the Efreet?

your new efreeti could get the talents that the sea dragon had. Take it one step at a time if you like the teen talent then take it to adult. If adult talent works then go further :)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sae153 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:

Just because it looks like Efreet doesn't mean it didn't inherit some of the other "parent's" characteristics. I would level to adult and see what you get.
If you click the link below and scroll down, it shows all the known hybrids:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Efreet

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Your pet will have some abilities from the sea dragon. Level it to adult (hopefully avoiding any selfish talents) and then hatch it again with the same pet. Keep doing this to breed out the selfish talents from the efreet.
I have never seen a hybrid with a crown pet, and I have hatched my sea dragons with all my school pets (wraith, scarecrow and bone dragon).
You will always get one or the other.
pods

Survivor
Dec 28, 2011
Hi this may have nothing to do with this current topic but i need some help. I got a new wintry elf (like ice elf) and at first i hated it because i'm trying to find a pet that does... well idk how to word it but 'damage' as in the fist and then it gives you a number and same as resistance. it gives you a shield then a number... Well anyways I was leveling up my pet to teen and it said +1 resistance and so i said aww that's not good, I want a bigger number. So i leveled my pet up to adult and then i looked and it said +2 resistance where the +1 resistance was. so i thought it was just a glitch but i am trying to get my pet up to ancient and now it said +3 resistance so how do i make that resistance go up? Can i train my pet a certain way or do i just have to keep training it randomly. Please help.

Thanks
~Kevin SoulFlame Level 84 necromancer.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Hi this isn't about the topic thought but i am wondering if anyone know how to trigger the may cast talent sanctuary on pets. If you do please reply. Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
BlazeSunbreeze on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
Hi this isn't about the topic thought but i am wondering if anyone know how to trigger the may cast talent sanctuary on pets. If you do please reply. Thanks!
I believe it is triggered by traps, hope this helped!

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Hunter Griffinswor... on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
I believe it is triggered by traps, hope this helped!
Thank you so much for the help largemouth316 aka Hunter.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
BlazeSunbreeze on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
Thank you so much for the help largemouth316 aka Hunter.
No problem!

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Hunter Griffinswor... on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
No problem!
Would you like to hatch someday during this week Hunter? Let me know

Blaze Sunbreeze Level 90

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
KevinSoulflame888 on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
Hi this may have nothing to do with this current topic but i need some help. I got a new wintry elf (like ice elf) and at first i hated it because i'm trying to find a pet that does... well idk how to word it but 'damage' as in the fist and then it gives you a number and same as resistance. it gives you a shield then a number... Well anyways I was leveling up my pet to teen and it said +1 resistance and so i said aww that's not good, I want a bigger number. So i leveled my pet up to adult and then i looked and it said +2 resistance where the +1 resistance was. so i thought it was just a glitch but i am trying to get my pet up to ancient and now it said +3 resistance so how do i make that resistance go up? Can i train my pet a certain way or do i just have to keep training it randomly. Please help.

Thanks
~Kevin SoulFlame Level 84 necromancer.
By leveling the pet up, the resistance will go up a bit. It sounds like you have "defy", which is a lower resistance talent, and if you take it to Epic, that number will top-off at "4" or "5" (depending on how high your stats are). After you take it to Epic, the number won't change.