Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchanted Blade Combo ruins PvP

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
KI, I'm sorry, but for every new world that comes out, I've lost hope that PvP is ever going to be fixed now. First, there was the unfairness of a lucky critical, second, Ice got resist as well as Life getting Guardian Spirit, which makes matches so much longer, third was the unfairness in how many times one pet heals and how the other never did a thing, and now what, enchanted blades? Okay, so, I've dealt with every other problem in pvp, but this one can't be dealt with, whether you have Earthquake or Weakness, you can't just keep spamming it forever, it'll cost you too many pips, while the opponent loses none.

Alright, I'll explain the enchanted blade combo: It's when an enchanted blade and a normal blade are both used, and they both break on the same spell.

Now, I'll explain why this is overpowered. Let's say, okay, Ice. They normally have a 40% blade and their Snow Angel and Frostbites already did enough damage, right? Well, now, they have a 50% blade AND a 40% blade to boost up those spells! Hooray, a few more thousand damage! Well, now, with Iceblade, Iceblade, Balefrost and Infallible, you have to heal or you'll die in ONE hit. Yeah, that's right, one hit and you're down. Also, even if you used a Weakness, the Ice wizard would use his wand attack, and his pips will still be high, because he didn't lose any from blading. Also, he can just add in another Elemental Blade and maybe an enchanted version, and oh boy, you're in major trouble.

Also, there's Feint. A 70% with 80%? KI, are you kidding me? What do we have, 10000 health? Even with a shield, you'd be taking an insane amount of damage. A Death Warlord, in 1v1, used Deathblade (50%), Deathblade (40%), and I dispelled him so he shook off the Unbalance with a Weakness I guess, and then he used Dr. Von, while I had Spirit Shield. Obviously, this wasn't early in the game, he had to use Poison and restart his whole hit a bunch of times, but eventually after an hour (I couldn't attack because I was scared of a huge 6 pip hit) and he used Bad Juju, and since he was first, that spell got me, but his Dr. Von did 3000 damage on a shield with 2 blades and a Balanceblade from his pet. I won later on (I didn't even let him Reshuffle once), but just saying, the blade stacking is overpowered, and it needs to be changed so that the latest blade of whichever version triggers, and not both, because that makes a huge power house of a hit (I'm level 80 fighting people 10 levels higher then me who are also Warlord, it's not easy having Archmage vs. Promethean).

Well, those are just my opinions, and please change the enchanted blade and normal blade combos, thanks!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Unfortunately, I disagree. I see your position on this, though. I speak for all schools.
As a storm OR fire... This bladestacking is how I overpower Ice resist. Not to mention mobs. Plus it's not like lower leveled Wizards can use it....
It's funny how you mentioned yet another place where (while indirectly) Ice is overpowered. As an Ice as well... I have found it particularly hard to take away noticable amounts of health from these new bosses.... This spell really gets me going, lol.
On an ending note, it can only help you as well... Why not use it against those who use it on you?? I would hate to see another Good spell nerfed or removed from existance....

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
There's nothing wrong with enchanted blade combos because EVERYONE can use it...

Using your logic, we can whine about anything that we don't use on our own wizard. If I don't heal, I can say how HEALING is "ruining PvP" lol... "Ruining" sounds so whiny to me. Ruining implies that something needs to be flowery and rainbowy and full of fluffy rabbits... No. PvP is about strategy and exploiting your opponent's weaknesses. I use excel sheets and stats calculators to max out my gear (what's better? +8% heal or 4% resist on a Wizard with 2000 Life? There are definitive answers if you set out the right parameters). If you want to "PvP" for fun and not to test your skills, then accept your losses, because it's all "for fun", right? I don't know why non-hardcore PvPers complain about PvP... If you are not that serious about it then simply accept your losses and realize that you are not Warlord material.

PvP is player VERSUS player not player HUG player. It's not supposed to be warm and fuzzy...

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
There is nothing wrong with enchated blades. As yingu said EVERYONE can use the enchanted blade combo.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
Dont fix whats not broken besides even if it was removed people would still stack a ton of blades anyway but they would just be tc.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Yingu on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
There's nothing wrong with enchanted blade combos because EVERYONE can use it...

Using your logic, we can whine about anything that we don't use on our own wizard. If I don't heal, I can say how HEALING is "ruining PvP" lol... "Ruining" sounds so whiny to me. Ruining implies that something needs to be flowery and rainbowy and full of fluffy rabbits... No. PvP is about strategy and exploiting your opponent's weaknesses. I use excel sheets and stats calculators to max out my gear (what's better? +8% heal or 4% resist on a Wizard with 2000 Life? There are definitive answers if you set out the right parameters). If you want to "PvP" for fun and not to test your skills, then accept your losses, because it's all "for fun", right? I don't know why non-hardcore PvPers complain about PvP... If you are not that serious about it then simply accept your losses and realize that you are not Warlord material.

PvP is player VERSUS player not player HUG player. It's not supposed to be warm and fuzzy...
Dude, one thing, I'm overlord, so I know what I'm talking about. And no, only level 88 wizards can use the enchanted blades, but I'm such a high rank that I'm only fighting level 90's (While I'm 80) Though I still win, I still find that 50% blades are too good, especially because my blades are only 25%.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
PvP King on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
Dude, one thing, I'm overlord, so I know what I'm talking about. And no, only level 88 wizards can use the enchanted blades, but I'm such a high rank that I'm only fighting level 90's (While I'm 80) Though I still win, I still find that 50% blades are too good, especially because my blades are only 25%.
What happens if you take a noob to a boss that can drop sharp blade treasure cards and he gets one? :-)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
masterryan1969 on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
What happens if you take a noob to a boss that can drop sharp blade treasure cards and he gets one? :-)
That's even worse, I think that just one type of the blade should break, kind of like with normal blades, the one just recently used will break, and the other won't, I think that makes spells a lot more fair in damage and not go overkill even if you have a shield on.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
I hate when players complain about over " overpowered" spells -_-
What did you expect when new worlds came out? New levels new gear and new spells. KI not gonna stop making the game challenging just because you and many others say so. Make new combos level up until you get this spells find a weakness. You just want to be spoiled and make pvp matches easier. Your going into pvp where millions get beat you in a heartbeat. I say if you want pvp to be easy work hard and it will be. I speak for many players how were tired of the complaining. Just enjoy the game or don't play at all

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I basically agree with joujou. When my level 74 warlord balance wiz started fighting Promethean wizards with two new enchanted blades, I started losing a lot. The One Hit Kill became the defacto strategy that most Promethean wizards adopted.

I can appreciate the strategy of the One Hit Kill, but I personally enjoy a match where there is a bit more give and take, a bit more maneuvering, a bit more tactical back and forth. And heaven forbid, maybe even a reshuffle!

If it were a chess game, I'd probably be the guy who fortified his position before making too many aggressive attacks. While I have adopted some strategies to help combat the 4 bladed One Hit Kill, I find the monotony of battling that one particular strategy leads to less interesting matches.

And boy oh boy, when you successfully defend against somebody's 4 bladed attack, that's when the insults and cursing about you being a healing/shield noob usually starts. Then sometimes they flee, because their whole entire match was based on that one huge attack, and they have no plan B.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Branflakes64b on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
I hate when players complain about over " overpowered" spells -_-
What did you expect when new worlds came out? New levels new gear and new spells. KI not gonna stop making the game challenging just because you and many others say so. Make new combos level up until you get this spells find a weakness. You just want to be spoiled and make pvp matches easier. Your going into pvp where millions get beat you in a heartbeat. I say if you want pvp to be easy work hard and it will be. I speak for many players how were tired of the complaining. Just enjoy the game or don't play at all
As said millions of other times, I'm Overlord, and at my rank, there's no such thing and an easy match, the opponents are good. One thing you misread, was that I wanted the spell to make blades be the way they're supposed to be, but right now, the spell makes the SAME spell work TWICE, except stronger. Imagine taking a poison right now, with regular deathblade, enchanted deathblade, and an infallible. Even with a weakness, It's going to do some big damage.

I find it kind of funny when people tell me to counter the spell, and no, lol, the spell isn't physical so I can't counter it. The spell should make only one version of the spell break and not 2, nothing more than that.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I don't pvp so my comment may be out to lunch. But how is this different from my death wizard stacking single pip feints? When I PvE I often place three stacking feints on a bad guy, plus other misc traps and blades. Usually two is enough, three if I want to be certain to get through a tower shield. I can stack up to four! The only defense a bad guy has is casting an 80% shield or weakness.

My primary strategy in PvE is single hit kills, even if the bad guy has 20k+ health. And this strategy works really good for me.