Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do you always say No!? (Not KI)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Notice how whenever you are in the Hatchery trying to hatch for manifestation (A pet inheriting traits from both pets) everytime you ask to hatch with someone with resist in their pets, or maybe unicorn or something like that (Which is always common) Why they always say "No," or "No ty," ?? They never say yes at all, and I realize it's their choice, but it leaves me with one essential question: How did they get all those stats from hatching if everytime you find a pet you wanna hatch with they say no!? Was this different two years ago or something? (I only have played for exactly one year)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Pet hatching costs a load of gold. Good pets cost +40,000. Plus when you hatch there is a cool down time so you can't hatch again for a little while. So if you are trying to hatch your pet with something specific you don't want to 'waste' the hatching with something you don't want. --> and don't forget many pets have school specific talents and spell cards, so even if you have a great pet to hatch with it might not be good for a different school.

Trying to hatch with a another (specific) school quest pet took me a very long time because I had to find some stranger with the specific school pet who was willing to hatch. I had to do this four times before obtaining my desired hatched pet. It took many weeks of visiting the hatchery and indexing through the crowded realms.

A better question is why do people hang out in the pet hatchery with a reasonable pet and they don't have a minimum of +40,000 gold with them! So many times somebody agrees to hatch and then it cancels because the other person doesn't have gold.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Michael Thunder on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
Notice how whenever you are in the Hatchery trying to hatch for manifestation (A pet inheriting traits from both pets) everytime you ask to hatch with someone with resist in their pets, or maybe unicorn or something like that (Which is always common) Why they always say "No," or "No ty," ?? They never say yes at all, and I realize it's their choice, but it leaves me with one essential question: How did they get all those stats from hatching if everytime you find a pet you wanna hatch with they say no!? Was this different two years ago or something? (I only have played for exactly one year)
Perhaps they didn't care for the talents of the pet that you had. Perhaps they have no gold, or not enough. Or perhaps they simply have no need to hatch anymore.
I have hatch requests turned off myself.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
a lot of times when people say no it's because they probably have several copies of the pet you're wanting to hatch with or not enough gold to do the hatch, and then there are others who only want high pedigree pets, be glad they say no thx i've had some really rude answers from people not to mention unkind remarks about my pets which is uncalled for. i'm just trying to get as many unusual pets as i can stats don't matter so much. so just be patient you'll get your hatch sooner or later.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Many people in the hatchery are looking for a particular pet or stat to hatch with. Because they can only hatch once a day, and because the cost of hatching can go upwards of 50,000 gold, they can't hatch with just anyone.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Try not to sit in the hatchery looking for a hatching partner. Sit outside and you will have better results. Just ask people you see elsewhere.
Every single time I have entered the hatchery, it was because I was already going to hatch. I have been ambushed countless times with requests to hatch. Sometimes I will put off my plans and do a hatch with someone who asks me. Usually because the person is a menu chat only (probably a kid). But all my pets are over 40k gold to hatch with, so many don't even have gold for that.

Ambushing someone in the hatchery is kind of rude. Frequent hatchers are fed up with people rushing them as soon as they enter the door. Sit outside the hatchery instead and broadcast what you want to hatch with. Or at least ask someone to hatch with you at a later date when you are inside the hatchery, and offer to help them in some way (not gifting) so it makes it worth their time and gold. I have friended several people and would gladly hatch with them at a later date. Then you can get the amount of gold you need, and they can hatch when they don't have to put off their current plans.
pods

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for feedback! Does give a little insight, but then, how did THEY themselves get the pets up from being "unwanted" to "desirable" with Spud, ect?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Michael Thunder on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Thanks for feedback! Does give a little insight, but then, how did THEY themselves get the pets up from being "unwanted" to "desirable" with Spud, ect?
They possibly had a good friend that didn't mind hatching with them.

:) I have all higher level wizards who quest and garden. I lost count of all the times I have reached the 350,000 gold limit. Many times I go the the hatchery so i can lose some gold. When I do that, I often try to find someone with a less fortunate pet so they would have a chance for a better pet.

Recently I went to the hatchery with my 74 pedigree Mega Red Ghost that has Spritely, Spell Proof, Unicorn, Spell Defy, and Death Proof. I asked to hatch with someone that had a fairly decent pet, and their answer was "I would if you didn't have that Death Resist". I had to laugh because they didn't realize that pet had 3 other epic slots that had never manifested. Their loss.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Michael Thunder on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
It takes time, patience, and ridiculous gold. If you are a first time wizard under level 50, hatching is a major undertaking. Note my post above on how long it took me just to make a single successful hatching. After that I had to re-hatch this pet many times to inherit and realize the talents I wanted.

Keep in mind most wizards with great pets (ie: talents) are high level wizards with easy access to huge quantities of gold. They may have multiple wizards and bank-share stuff (wealth, pets, etc) to their other wizards. So if you see a level 25 wizard with a ridiculous fantastic pet, thats why.

Fast tracking method: If you have a buddy with a high level wizard and great pet that suits your needs, use him/her for hatching. Re-hatch your pets several times with your buddy so you get a 3rd or 4th gen pet that you can then use as your own hatching stud for future pets. Unfortunately for players such as myself this option was not available.

My #1 piece of advice regarding pet hatching: If you want to produce a great pet at the hatchery, do your research first. Make sure you understand the pet talent/pedigree/inhertance/hybrid stuff before you waste tons of time, gold and crowns. Every hour you spend researching the internet will save you about 5 hours of game play, maybe much more. And will reduce some frustration too.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
I Got a perfect pet in 3 hatches, Proof, Defy, Sprite, unicorn, pain. I paid people to hatch with my sea dragon.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks RottenHeart, this actually helped a lot. I am on my Ice a lot lately,(I don't belive it is possible to get 100% resist, so I am trying myself) just got him to 66, cause I am trying to catch up to my Storm (Main) character. I noticed back when Stormzilla was popular, it was allot easier to hatch..... anyway lol, thanks, though. And Superluther, too bad I haven't seen you in the arena when you where hatching to help others (Lol).
Oh, and Pods1973, when standing outside (Or elsewhere...) Results were simular, but slightly better...

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
if you hatch some decent pets, you might get lucky enough to get stats like that. If you at least get some good stats, some good pet owners will be nice enough to wanna hatch, especially if it's a rare pet.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I didnt read all the posts but will give my reasons for saying "no, ty" to a random hatch.

First off: It took me countless numbers of hatches to get the desired traits my pets have.

Second: I took the time to raise and train just about all my hatch worthy pets to EPIC or MEGA. I do not bring lesser pets into the hatchery.

Third: your pet is only adult. You did not take the time to even see what the pet you have is capable of. I do not think you will even spend the time training our hatch anywhere past adult.

Fourth: You adult has 3 "hidden" traits that you have not taken the time to manifest into that pet. I will not take the chance that these invisible traits are what you think they are.

Fifth: Your pet already has traits that I spent time and gold trying to get rid of in the first place.

A blind hatch is just that - a blind hatch, and not worth the trouble.

I have friends that are dedicated to hatching the "perfect" pet and if they hatch with my pets, I reward their dedication with suitable gifts to help compensate them for the time and trouble they have put into them. I know not everyone can afford to do this, but you cant assume you are going to get the "perfect" pet right off the bat. These pets are are a work of art, time and patience. No shortcuts are going to get you one.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I thin k there should be an option that one person is able to pay for both hatchings . This way if someone wants to hatch with another they can offer to pay for the hatching. This may make it easier for people to say yes to hatching with others.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Part of my success in hatching perfect pets was to take two of my OWN pets, each with half the end desired results, and hatch them together to bring out better stats.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I thin k there should be an option that one person is able to pay for both hatchings . This way if someone wants to hatch with another they can offer to pay for the hatching. This may make it easier for people to say yes to hatching with others.
I would be happy if KI could increase the amount of hatches you could do in a day. If I could hatch more, I would happily hatch with anyone who wanted to.
As it is, on my middle wizard, I am at the gold cap and have to burn gold in the bazaar every time I harvest my garden to get rid of gold. So I guy the most expensive reagents that are rare to burn gold. You can have 999 of each reagent so that is where I store my gold.
I would burn it by hatching with strangers if I was not limited to 1 hatch per day.
I think they invented a potion that hatches all your eggs at once, which is silly cause I usually only have 1 egg at a time. Why not make a potion that allows you to hatch more than once per day? I would not pay crowns for it, but if they did it for gold they could make back the $$ by more people training and buying snacks.
Just a thought.
pods

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
pods1973 on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
I would be happy if KI could increase the amount of hatches you could do in a day. If I could hatch more, I would happily hatch with anyone who wanted to.
As it is, on my middle wizard, I am at the gold cap and have to burn gold in the bazaar every time I harvest my garden to get rid of gold. So I guy the most expensive reagents that are rare to burn gold. You can have 999 of each reagent so that is where I store my gold.
I would burn it by hatching with strangers if I was not limited to 1 hatch per day.
I think they invented a potion that hatches all your eggs at once, which is silly cause I usually only have 1 egg at a time. Why not make a potion that allows you to hatch more than once per day? I would not pay crowns for it, but if they did it for gold they could make back the $$ by more people training and buying snacks.
Just a thought.
pods
There is a potion like that Pods. It resets your hatch timer so you can hatch multiple times per day.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Oh thanks for that info. I thought it was one that hatched all you eggs. I will have to use that as right now I am at a dead end trying to breed Death Dealer into my pet line.
I just have to say poor Halfang. He has been getting a workout lately from all my hatching.
pods

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
OldStormWizard on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
I didnt read all the posts but will give my reasons for saying "no, ty" to a random hatch.

First off: It took me countless numbers of hatches to get the desired traits my pets have.

Second: I took the time to raise and train just about all my hatch worthy pets to EPIC or MEGA. I do not bring lesser pets into the hatchery.

Third: your pet is only adult. You did not take the time to even see what the pet you have is capable of. I do not think you will even spend the time training our hatch anywhere past adult.

Fourth: You adult has 3 "hidden" traits that you have not taken the time to manifest into that pet. I will not take the chance that these invisible traits are what you think they are.

Fifth: Your pet already has traits that I spent time and gold trying to get rid of in the first place.

A blind hatch is just that - a blind hatch, and not worth the trouble.

I have friends that are dedicated to hatching the "perfect" pet and if they hatch with my pets, I reward their dedication with suitable gifts to help compensate them for the time and trouble they have put into them. I know not everyone can afford to do this, but you cant assume you are going to get the "perfect" pet right off the bat. These pets are are a work of art, time and patience. No shortcuts are going to get you one.
Oh Finnigan1961, there is one thing I must say..... I only raise this particular pet to Adult is because I know from central that it does not give the stat I am looking for. All I want for my char is either spell proof or spell defy. Other than that your other "insights" were helpful.. (No sarcasm lol)