Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wavebringer, I'm Cured

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
First, thank you to all who have posted and helped me in advance without posting and asking a question already answered :)

So here I go. A few days ago i helped a friend defeat this boss (Wavebringer) before I personally was on the quest. The time had come where I too was on the quest just the other day alone, and failed to defeat the Wavebringer boss and was politely returned to Jade Palace. At this point I had closed out of the game and went upon my RL business.

I had begun this dungeon quest alone from the start just the past day. Today, I see the quest to talk to 'Wavebringer' resides in my current quest log and yet after returning to the designated area, I am stopped at a 'gate' in Shirataki Temple and asked to 'unlock the gate' by searching for a 'key up the road'. The key is obviously the lever in front of the large disk blockade, but here's the thing. The lever does not allow me to use it to open the door (no prompt to use it at least). All the elemental shrines are 'highlighted' in the map along with all the boss/bad'ys that I had previously defeated except the WaveBringer.

I cannot open the disk door to finish the 'I'm Cured' quest. I have some undead quests to begin/complete in the Village of Sorrow and only the 'Tree of Life Oyster' to complete in all of MooShu.

Any ideas?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2509Winton on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
First, thank you to all who have posted and helped me in advance without posting and asking a question already answered :)

So here I go. A few days ago i helped a friend defeat this boss (Wavebringer) before I personally was on the quest. The time had come where I too was on the quest just the other day alone, and failed to defeat the Wavebringer boss and was politely returned to Jade Palace. At this point I had closed out of the game and went upon my RL business.

I had begun this dungeon quest alone from the start just the past day. Today, I see the quest to talk to 'Wavebringer' resides in my current quest log and yet after returning to the designated area, I am stopped at a 'gate' in Shirataki Temple and asked to 'unlock the gate' by searching for a 'key up the road'. The key is obviously the lever in front of the large disk blockade, but here's the thing. The lever does not allow me to use it to open the door (no prompt to use it at least). All the elemental shrines are 'highlighted' in the map along with all the boss/bad'ys that I had previously defeated except the WaveBringer.

I cannot open the disk door to finish the 'I'm Cured' quest. I have some undead quests to begin/complete in the Village of Sorrow and only the 'Tree of Life Oyster' to complete in all of MooShu.

Any ideas?
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:River_Temple

When ever you leave a dungeon for a certain amount of time or sign off it will reset - at this point you must repeat the entire process to complete it. To open the gate you must defeat the monster up the road to collect the key.

Mary StarGem

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
When you are standing there with the locked gate at your back, go to the main road again, and turn left. At the end of the main road, there is a hut you enter and you must defeat that boss to get the key. His name is Shoji.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
holy crow batman! Thanks! I took some time away so as to not get frustrated...good thing too! Thank you friends **feels a little like a heel**.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2012
i am wavebringer im cured, just like the other girl i help a friend and beat him and then i went back and did the guest not once but twice and wavebringer is not there. i want to get ride of the quest but cant cuz of helping another person beat him.