Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

deactivationg receipes

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Is there a way to deactivate receipes? For example, I purchased a lot I don't want in my list any more. I don't want to delete them just to rebuy them IF I decide I do want to craft them again, but I want them to maybe be hidden from my list so it's easier to find what I do want to craft?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
mittensk on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Is there a way to deactivate receipes? For example, I purchased a lot I don't want in my list any more. I don't want to delete them just to rebuy them IF I decide I do want to craft them again, but I want them to maybe be hidden from my list so it's easier to find what I do want to craft?
That would be a fantastic feature. I really hope KI listens and decides to implement this. I'd also like a way to sort them by level and by school.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I agree on there needing to be some method to grey out a recipe. I craft a LOT and having to search through several pages of recipes, many which I have no need for at the moment, can get frustrating.

I also agree that I dont want to lose the recipe as some more advanced recipes require the item crafted from a lower recipe.

Great idea on having them sorted in some fashion. Maybe a sort by crafting level?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
So it's come to this... several mouse clicks is too much work?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I'd rather be able to sell the quest recipes back than to X them out. There is really NO reason to keep them

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Some of those old recipes you might think you'll never need again can come in handy. For instance there's a Tapestry recipe that requires a Dagger of Absolution which is a Crafting quest item from early on. Sure, you might find one in the Bazaar but isn't it easier to just step over to the Basic Crafting Table and whip one up rather than having to make possible multiple trips to the Bazaar to find one? If you dump the recipe you won't have that option.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
TucsonWizard on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
Some of those old recipes you might think you'll never need again can come in handy. For instance there's a Tapestry recipe that requires a Dagger of Absolution which is a Crafting quest item from early on. Sure, you might find one in the Bazaar but isn't it easier to just step over to the Basic Crafting Table and whip one up rather than having to make possible multiple trips to the Bazaar to find one? If you dump the recipe you won't have that option.
you have a point there, but if you have multiple wizards on the same account, you only need ONE wizard to have the recipe because those can be bankshared. I dont need six wizards with those recipes.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'd actually prefer to have one giant recipe book, with separate categories, pages, or sections:
  • Active Recipes - This page only shows recipes I want readily access to view and use
  • Inactive Recipes - Ah the memories; these spell I have, but almost never use, so simply knowing where to find them in my recipe book is enough; without having to see them appear on the first page every time
  • Missing Recipes - Maybe I don't have or want every available recipe in the game; then again, maybe I do. It would be cool to know which ones I'm missing, and how and where to get them
  • Recipe Ideas and Suggestions - A place were young and old wizards can submit ideas and suggestions for recipes to KI (image being able to suggest a recipe to KI, to create a new hairstyle, piece of furniture, or anything else you can image)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
I'd actually prefer to have one giant recipe book, with separate categories, pages, or sections:
  • Active Recipes - This page only shows recipes I want readily access to view and use
  • Inactive Recipes - Ah the memories; these spell I have, but almost never use, so simply knowing where to find them in my recipe book is enough; without having to see them appear on the first page every time
  • Missing Recipes - Maybe I don't have or want every available recipe in the game; then again, maybe I do. It would be cool to know which ones I'm missing, and how and where to get them
  • Recipe Ideas and Suggestions - A place were young and old wizards can submit ideas and suggestions for recipes to KI (image being able to suggest a recipe to KI, to create a new hairstyle, piece of furniture, or anything else you can image)
another way to do this is to have quest recipes be a temporary thing. If you want/need to go buy the permanent one, then you go back to who gives it out, otherwise, once you hand in the quest, the recipe goes bye bye

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
dayerider on Mar 13, 2016 wrote:
another way to do this is to have quest recipes be a temporary thing. If you want/need to go buy the permanent one, then you go back to who gives it out, otherwise, once you hand in the quest, the recipe goes bye bye
Now that would be very cool! I second the motion to make quest recipes temporary; and if you need them again, you can buy them at a discount. Thanks for suggesting this Dayerider!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
I absolutely love this idea! I really would like to see this put into the game. It would keep all of us a little more organized and make finding our recipes more efficient.