Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Harvest nightmare! HELP!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2013
I am having major issues harvesting my couch potatoes. I have 36 plants on my life and storm. Both are on a red barn farm. I do not stack. Every day, when I go to garden, I am having issues. I can't collect when they are adults and I can't collect to harvest. When I am able to harvest the elders I am unable to replant a seed for a day or so. I have talked to KI about this issue and their solution was to pick up everything, after harvesting, and that they would give me a new red barn. BUT they also said this may not help the situation. Also it would take me weeks to harvest the plants because of the harvesting issue. So.... I have 24 plants on my myth and balance. They never have these issues. My ice and fire have 12, and never a issue. So does it have to do with having 36? Again I do not stack. Please help!

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Some have reported that they have similar troubles when the placement limits on the rbf and other houses meets or exceeds the limit set by KI, they have all kinds of problems. You might try reducing the objects in your planting area and see if that helps.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I have weird issues with Red Barn also. The issue is not with the number of plants. I have had over a hundred and fifty plants on my farm at one time. What I have seen with lots of plants is strangeness like you describe where you cannot harvest plants. I have been able to workaround the problem by:

1) Instead of running over to the plants and hitting the "x' button to harvest them, click on your plant icon to expand the box which shows your spells, Make sure you don't click on any of the plant spells. But then, you can use the mouse pointer to click on the plants that need harvesting, and they will be harvested. This works all the time for me - although, sometimes it will not remove the glowing ring indicating that the plant is harvested - but the plant does get harvested.

2) Sometimes, you need to run into the red barn house, and then outside to the plants again. This seems to fix some of the issues and lets you harvest plants the normal way. I sometimes do this after I do #1 above, because this resets the glowing rings on plants that have been harvested also and they go away.

3) Sometimes, I go to one of my other houses and port back to the farm after seeing weird things. This seems to fix issues sometimes. On rare occasions I will log out then log back in to get issues corrected.

4) Another thing - if you are in a busy district, try porting to one with less people on it and then go to your garden. Sometimes a district lags badly, and your actions do not register quickly when harvesting plants.

Hope it helps.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Life Wizard Moolinda Wu just posted an item about this very thing, it seems. you might want to take a look at it on Halston's Laboratory.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2013
Thanks you both for your replies!!! CuteHorsey I had no idea you could collect your plants in gardening mode. This is my second day doing this and so far I have been able to collect everything. It's a gardening miracle :D Michael Nightgem I read the suggested posts and all except my Storm wiz have bare red barns. So I bought a extra red barn for my storm, a lot cheaper then letting my elixirs go to waste. Everything seems to be going well. So once again, thank you both for all your help :D Happy gardening dance!

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Thanks for letting us know its working out for you . I understand about your happy gardening dance. When my three high garden of 60 king parsley plants goes elder, it is awesome looking and sometimes i do a happy dance too. Then I go find someone to give all the treasure cards to.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2013
Michael Nightgem, glad to hear I am not the only one dancing around. We can start a club. Call it Funky garden KI dancing crew. ... Maybe work on the name. Anyway, what are your thoughts on the King? Parsley, that is. In regards to Couch Potatoes. I was thinking about making one character garden it. No rush on the matter. Different topic anyway. Good farming :)

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
They are both Crown only plants that are dropped by numerous foes in the Spiral. They are both level 6 plants. KP takes about twice as long to reach elder, but sometimes gives an extra seed when harvesting. CP give one cp seed at elder. A few KP can grow into a huge garden fairly quickly. CP gives treasure cards and good snacks with a mega snack at elder. KP gives a couple of good TC and great reagents: such as aether, amber, diamond and sunstones. The KP costs half as much as CP in the Crown shop. Take a look in the wiki at www.wizard101central.com. and you can choose which plant is best for your needs. When I have too many KP seeds I feed them to a low level pet to level them up. Doesn't take too long for the first level or so. Good luck choosing and have great fun with them.