Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's your favorite mount & why?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Just like the title said! Is it a mount you don't have but really want? Or maybe it's the first mount you ever got?

I'll start: my favorite usually changes every week lol but right now it's the rhino mount from the Zafaria bundle. I just really like the colors and how smooth the textures are, and it's actually kind of cute with its teeny eyes and big mouth turned up in a subtle smile.

Survivor
May 26, 2013
The donkey one from april fools day that rides on you,which look absolutely hilarious, or the slowpoke sloth that slows you down. The reason I personally love these is that they are so unique compared to all the other mounts.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I like the broom type mounts because I like simplicity. I wish there were more broom type mounts. That said, the new train mount is adorable

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
I absolutely love the WinterGlide Skates. It's my favorite mount, and I love the animation. Some of my other favorite mounts include: all the pegasus—although I only have the Nightflame Pegasus—, the Seraph Wings, the Dream Filly, the White Stag, and the Treant.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I really liked the Charity Meowardon and all the Broom mounts. I love the Meowardon because it was a really gorgeous mount. The Brooms because they remind me of Harry Potter.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
My favorite mount is the Jewel Crafter Horse Mount. I don't know why it's just so...beautiful to me! And I really like the way how it runs. I'm not sure why I like it so much.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
i love the winterglide skates from polaris and i didnt unlock polaris yet but i teleported to a friend 2 or 3 times and i bought the skates from prospector zeke.I also love the seraph wings from marleybone and the pegasus from wysteria.ALso, I havent had these following mounts before, but ive ridden on them with friends.Those 2 are the hydra and the pheonix.

I love 2 person mounts but they are way too expensive lol

Heather StarSong lvl.42

Survivor
Dec 29, 2014
I just love the Dino mount from the Dino bundle and the also Dino mount from the Aztecan Builder's bundle. The first Dino mount is two person just enough coolness without taking up the whole screen (which in my expirence is rare) and just awesome. The second Dino mount I love because i just love how the Dino looks and it would be perfect if it was two person. I just like two person mounts in general.

Caitlin Griffinrider level 59
Devin Winterdust level 21

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
I love every horse mount. And all the cat - like mounts. My favorite - the solar saber cat. I don't have it, too expensive, but any jaguar (on my pirates account, a friend gifted me a jaunty jaguar and i love it!), lion, panther etc. is my favorite.

Fiona Dreamer #CATLOVE!!!!!

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I love the Narwhal mount from the Polarian bundle because it looks really cool and has nice animation, and it does +40% speed and +2 damage while most mounts just do speed.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2014
My favorite mount is the Gold-Wrought Eagle just because it looks cool, in my opinion.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
the on fire sabertooth. the sabertooth mounts are great but this, is amazing! The fire animation is great, and the outline is spectacular! So seriously, gather 7,500 crowns and buy the solar sabertooth because it is beautiful, it is gourgeous, it is an amazing attention grabber.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Although I've heard quite a few people quote their dislike for this creature, my favourite mount is probably the Kirin. I prefer the Gold or Silver, depending on my character's colour scheme. It just looks rather majestic. I also enjoy the animation when you are still and when you are riding.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Thats a bit of a tough one. I really want the crystal unicorn mount from the jewel crafter bundle, its so sparkly and has cool sound effects. It also makes me think of a particular diamond pony from a particular game...

The tanglewood vine mount looks cool underwater especially when you jump.

The mander palanquin makes me feel like I'm super important especially since not a lot of people use it

And finally the April fools mighty steed coconut mount because its one of the smallest out side of the winter glide skates so I dont feel like I'm going to get pulled into a battle. Also its hilarious.

Me: *Goes prancing into battle while clacking together coconuts*

Rasputin (or any other boss) : What in the spiral are you doing?

Survivor
May 28, 2015
My favorite mount is Monarch Butterfly because I think it looks cute

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Any broom mount. Simple, fast, efficient, no obstructed view, no huge wings to obstruct other people's views, small enough to help avoid being pulled into unwanted street fights... and as a bonus they're available for gold. All six of my wizards drive brooms.
As a back-up... either of the Pogo Sticks. All of the same advantages apply (except for the gold thing).

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
I don't have the mount but Wonky The Donkey is my favorite mount
The way he rides on your back and how fast you run changes all the mounts in general for me

Trevor Dawnstalker

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
Starblood653 on Dec 22, 2015 wrote:
Just like the title said! Is it a mount you don't have but really want? Or maybe it's the first mount you ever got?

I'll start: my favorite usually changes every week lol but right now it's the rhino mount from the Zafaria bundle. I just really like the colors and how smooth the textures are, and it's actually kind of cute with its teeny eyes and big mouth turned up in a subtle smile.
My favorite at the moment, would have to be either my treant, my phoenix, or my pygmy grey whale. All so cute, and I enjoy having a two person mount for one of my besties!

Sabrina WinterBlade ICE Level 53

Hero
May 07, 2015
Katherine Dawn on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
My favorite mount is Monarch Butterfly because I think it looks cute
mine too!

Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
Depends on the wizard. I am a bit of a Diva when it comes to wardrobe co-ordination, and this is includes the mounts. I like to stick with a particular theme
The following have become favorites:

Storm: The purple Dragonfly mount
Death: The black and red Pegasus
Balance:The Drestiar (in co-ordinating colors, of course)
Fire: The blue and white Pegasus (with a Pegasus pet)
Myth: - I haven't really sorted this one out yet. It is a relatively low level wizard, though.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Starblood653 on Dec 22, 2015 wrote:

I like all the school mounts, I have all of them besides storm XD and the fire and ice ones are my favorite

Lvl 110
Lvl 110
Lvl 101
Lvl 68
Lvl 31
Lvl 25

Survivor
Jul 30, 2015
Probably the monarch butterfly! I just think it's so elegant! :)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
My favorite mounts are my swift griffon mount, and my celestial Wolf mount.

If you walk around, almost no one uses the swift griffon mount anymore, and its also impossible to get now. It's a really cool mount though and it makes me feel majestic. It was also my first mount.

The celestial Wolf is a new mount from the evergreen bundle. I love wolves so when I saw that bundle I bought it as soon as I could and I love the mount. The glowing outline around its body and glowing eyes make it look cool.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I like the swift griffon because no one uses it anymore so I feel special when I'm riding it because it's so fare to find someone with it. I also like the celestial Wolf because I love wolves and it looks cool.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
I have a bunch of Favorite mounts
I love the big cat mounts, the wyvern mounts, and the whit stag mount. I love the Bengal tiger because it was the first mount that i got(And i farmed gold for DAYS to get it) so there is just that special connection between the mount and me.

It also feels really natural when you are riding it plus it looks really cool.

Also, it goes well and matches with many kinds of gear, and it goes well with many worlds.

I say this because many people choose a specific mount for all the worlds like: A broom for WC, the mander palanquin for krok, the clock work wings for MB, Etc.