Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Theory: The Bat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
To all of us wizards out there who have completed Polaris, we all remember our trip back to Zafaria. There we learned about Old Cob's children. We learned that he has 3. The Rat (Rasputin). The Scorpion. And The Bat. I would like to focus on the Bat.

During the Zafaria Quest, it was told to us that the rat was an evil vampire. I feel as if we may have met the bat before we even met the rat. Who is an evil vampire we know? Hmmmmm?? Shane von Shane!!! To be exact actually, shane von shane, once defeated in the darkmoor graveyard says " We Will Meet Againnn!!!" As he vanishes. I believe that shane von shane is the rat. It makes sense actually...

During our quest back to avalon, the shadow scholar tells us that the most scary stories told in darkmoor (Her home), were the ones about grandfather spider. How did darkmoor know about something as old as grandfather spider being that not many people knew about him, according to the Khyrsalis Obelisk orbs and the Arcanum scholars. Most people just knew the story of grandmother raven and bartelby. Nothing of Old Cob. It makes sense how darkmoor knew the stories. Because one of the children of grandfather spider was in darkmoor to create the legend.

Not only does this prove it but the fact that malistaire ending up showing up to work with shane von shane in darkmoor while vexed by shadow magic makes even more sense. All of the pieces fit together.

I believe that shane von shane is the bat.

Please Comment on this thread with your beliefs and thoughts! Thanks fellow wizards!!

Au Revoir!

JackTheWizard

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
Personally I feel its the shadow scholar. The Bat's main ability listed is its ability to shape shift so it could be posing as her and the Shadow Scholar is from darkmoor, a place home to many bats including shane.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
not a chance. Shane has been running around in the game since the first death wizard cast vampire. The Bat has been locked away with Old Cob until he was let out by our characters.

Plus Shane himself tells you that Darkmoor is his family estate that Malistair has basically stolen from him. No way is he The Bat.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Nah, I dont think so. As many have said, Shane has always been in Darkmoor. The bat is probably native to mirage, and is a character that will be introduced. I get the feeling it might be someone similar to Genghis Khan, or something like that though.