Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming defense opals

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
I am currently trying to raise my resistance and have been trying to farm defense opals. I am mostly interested in the higher level ones like the +15 to +22. I am having some trouble however and it seems like I can never get a boss to drop them. Does anyone know of a good boss to try and farm?

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
To be honest, they are not worth farming, they only give damage reduction, not even resistance.

I heard Cronus drops them, though don't quote me on that.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
John Hawkward on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
To be honest, they are not worth farming, they only give damage reduction, not even resistance.

I heard Cronus drops them, though don't quote me on that.
Yep, they reduce damage, which is exactly why I want them. So that I may be more resistant to damage. I have several on some items I would like to switch out in favor of others, so I know they work exactly the way I want them to, which would be being more resistant to damage, therefor receiving less damage when I am attacked.

I did know that Cronus drops them. I actually spent quite a bit of time farming him, with no luck. I was wanting to try my luck elsewhere and I was hoping someone would know of other bosses that may yield better results. I also spent some time farming Asrik in Hrundle Fjord as well for the +15 ones, also with no luck. I do know someone that got a couple here after quite some time.

Thank you though for the suggestion.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
You can try Morganthe if you want, she drops the Polished Defense Opal +22
Gladiator also drops, but his -75% weakness is nasty

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
I've done the Gladiator a bunch and he's not really too bad even solo, but the biggest issue with him is that he drops sooooo much stuff that it takes tons and tons and tons of time, especially when you compare him with some of the lower level bosses that drop nearly as good opals (+15 and up). I hadn't thought about Morganthe, but I wonder if the extreme amount of effort would be worth it. Good suggestion though. Have you had any luck getting +15 or higher?