Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

April Fools equip suggestions

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It takes awhile to implement equipment into the game, so we might as well get started now. It may be too late for this coming April, but a few of the simple suggestions may be workable.

Some very silly and dysfunctional items are possible, perhaps even enough for an April Fools pack.

Personally I like the idea of ragged or beggar type clothing. It would be fun to wear as an arch mage while everyone else is in fancy robes. It would also be something I would consider gifting to people who annoy me.

I would like to see

Patchwork robes: this robe has been patched so many times it is practically all patches! Large and small irregular patches with different patterns and colors, lots of large obvious stitching.

Sackcloth robes: Robes made of cloth food sacks. A robe made of large rectangles, has Flour, Sugar, Barley, Rice, or Beans, ect. printed at regular intervals on the robe in large letters.

Ugly shoes: Too large and the sole should be coming off at the toes, if the sole could hang down when the player is using a mount that would be great.

If the clothing casts spells, it would be nice if it had spell cards for casting hex or weakness on self.
If the clothing has stats, negative stats would be nice; like -10% universal resist, -10 stun resistance, or -5% accuracy

Broken Wand: A wand that is bent in the middle, with tape wrapping the bend. The wand blasts could also stun the caster or deal slight damage to the caster while hurting the enemy.

Tin Cup: A tin mug that you use for a wand. The animation should have you shake the cup by the handle and you should hear coins rattling inside. The base damage of the wand blasts should be noticeably low like 1-5

Magnifying Glass: a large hand held magnifying glass. the wand blast animation should have you hold up the magnifying glass like RA's staff and a beam of sunlight shines from it... to deal two points of sun damage.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
Omg, YES!! All these ideas are hilarious, but I really like the sack cloth robe idea. I think that they would look great paired with hats that are really over sized or under sized, or make no sense. I think one good one would be a cooking pot with a long handle or a colander that you wear as a hat.

I think really silly pets and mounts would be fun too. How about a vacuum cleaner instead of a broom, or a broom that belches out lots of black smoke? Maybe really small versions of regular mounts (as you can see I have a thing with finding extra large or mini versions of regular things funny). What about for pets mini versions of all the professors? They could even have their schools all mixed up for added fun.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Pots for hats sound good.

Groucho glasses as a mask? on that note, a floating pie for a wand?

A wooden spoon as a wand? A tennis racket?
A golf club staff, though the animation could be tricky.

For the vacuum cleaner mount: One of the old uprights with the long vacuum bag attached to the back? I guess you would sit on the bag with the vacuum facing down. I suppose it would move slowly like the sloth, since as you flew the vacuum would be sucking in all the air behind you creating a lot of drag.

A merry-go-round horse that looks like it has been taken out of the merry-go-round, pole and all. The horse itself not animated. gliding up and down as you move at a sedate, dignified, pace.

I have a mighty steed mount, I think a hula hoop mount could work. But I fear the number of fools who would protest, because the hips are involved. Though I guess the thing could just orbit your waste without any character animation, meh.

Does the game still have butterflies? I haven't noticed any for awhile. I know their wings used to glitch out and make huge colored patches. Anyway a butterfly pet, just one of those normal butterflies that would flutter behind you would be nice. I know they are small but I don't want anything larger or sickeningly cute, nor do I want a flock of butterflies. People used to keep pet butterflies, it would be nice to have one not stuck in a terrarium.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
I like the vacuum cleaner and the merry-go-round... as for the vacuum cleaner, I think it would be funny if you went faster moving backwards (-40 going straight and +40 going backwards)

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
I really loved the coconut mount they did a couple of years ago, its the best mount ever! I quite like the sound of a vacuum mount. whatever they make , the sillier it is the better.I would quite like a clown costume complete with a cream pie wand where we "SPLAT" the opponent in the face with it xd.