Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

catch a key - frustrating and unplayable

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
With shock a lock, even though the cards can sometimes be a challenge to get flipped over in time, there are enough of the different pieces to ensure that you can get what you need to make the pipe.

With Catch a key, half the time the numbers you need don't even generate. I can't count the number of times I've sat waiting for a 2 or a 3, and watched the timer run down to nothing while all the other numbers generated but not the number I needed.

please, either fix catch a key or get rid of it. it's made opening silver chests a distasteful, disappointing activity.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
Catch a Key can be a lot more difficult if the RNG isn't cooperating. There are times I have to keep the space bar pressed down almost constantly and just focus on catching clocks. If you can master that, you can win most of them. Don't worry about running into an extra key or two, but definitely avoid the bombs (game over) while you're speeding things up.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
crystalwizard12345... on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
With shock a lock, even though the cards can sometimes be a challenge to get flipped over in time, there are enough of the different pieces to ensure that you can get what you need to make the pipe.

With Catch a key, half the time the numbers you need don't even generate. I can't count the number of times I've sat waiting for a 2 or a 3, and watched the timer run down to nothing while all the other numbers generated but not the number I needed.

please, either fix catch a key or get rid of it. it's made opening silver chests a distasteful, disappointing activity.
Not always. If you are waiting for a key, catch some clocks while your at it. The point of silver chests is to have fun winning a small amount of gold, and feeling good about yourself, not getting gold itself. If you wanted gold, sell extra items at the Bazaar or buy some straight up from the Crown shop.

Back on topic, this situation has rarely happened to me. You have a fair amount of time to catch all the keys you need. Some times you only need all of one type of key, so this changes the ratio of winning or not. Hope this helped,

-Matthew Swiftflame, Lv. 22 wizard